Video: Cowboys Practice Report 7/22 with Broaddus and Cavanaugh

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Osa seems a good size for a 3-4DE who you move to 3T on passing downs. Even there, I'd probably want him to bulk up a little, and expect he well. But that isn't giving us a balanced run/pass 3T. A passing down 3T isn't what we needed, IMO.

But maybe Quinn plans on going predominantly 3-4, in which case that kind of tweener at DE is a good thing. But it still isn't a DT. It's a tweener.
I agree with your philosophy, if given a choice I'd much prefer to bolster our DL with a big strong balanced DT as opposed to a tweener. I want to stop that run.
But he's here now and he's a Cowboy so I wish him well and I hope Quinn finds a good way to use him.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Osa was drafted to be a nickel 3T. Not big enough to hold up against the run as a 3T in the NFL. Olinemen will have 30lbs on him. Certainly not the guy to keep our LBs clean. We spent #75 on a role player. Half a DT.

Exactly. If they can put some more weight and strength on him maybe that might help the cause.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm sooooo happy that we drafted Parsons. He's going to a stud for our team for years to come.

I've become more excited about the prospects of having Parsons than i would have been for either of the two cornerbacks the Cowboys supposedly coveted and lost out on before
they moved down a couple of spots and eventually selected him

Comes down to Parson's ability as LB and pass rusher, and how clever the coaches can be in scheming and designing plays for him in those roles .

i hope he does provide a Von Miller type impact for this defense.