Cowboys re-sign Free **merged**

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Bluestang;4007526 said:
Where is that clown Iman Roshi or whatever his name is??????:laugh2:

Lol, why? What did he say now?

You can probably find him on a ledge right now contemplating some things. He's still recovering from the news of Roy Williams being cut.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4007533 said:
Since I was one of the first fans to comment about him on the radio, should I start an I told you so thread?

I think you should.

JBond

Reaction score
67CowboysFan;4007463 said:
Don't sound like it was much of a dogfight with TB afterall. And to think of all of those wasted panic attacks by some of the board members. What a shame.

Those type of threads are the reason I do not spend as much time here as I used to. Nice job by JJ and company.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
UnoDallas;4007524 said:
wheres all the doubters know ????????????????

good deal

Cowboys agreed to terms with OT Doug Free on a four-year, $32 million deal.

The deal includes $17 million in guarantees, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Cowboys gambled by refusing to franchise Free at $11 million for 2011, and it paid off despite the reported "dogfight" with the Bucs. We suspect that was overplayed by Free's agent in an attempt to drive up the price on the Cowboys. Free is tentatively expected to stay on Tony Romo's blindside this season, though

Thumping your chest again, Uno?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
THANK GOD!

Free, FREE, FREEEE!!!!!!

All is right in Cowboysland. Free>You. Free>YOU.... Time to buy that Free jersey, Free&Austin. Need them. We got 2 tackles for half a decade all signed up, feels great.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4007533 said:
Since I was one of the first fans to comment about him on the radio, should I start an I told you so thread?

LOL

The guy played lights out from his first game on and did more than asked of him. He deserves that contract.

I'm going to crawl back into my hole and hope to see some brilliant moves made.

I was starting to get scared, not because free is so great just yet. I think he still has a lot to prove. But because what else would we do at left tackle?

Some posters want to chip with a RB or a TE and while that's fine...the game starts and begins at LT.

I believe that theory. You must protect the blindside or you will not fair well.

Good going Dallas.

I think everyone wanted us to re-sign Free, just at a reasonable price.

4 years/32 mil is a lot less than nearly all of us expected him to get. Can't blame other posters for considering alternatives when there was talk of Free getting 10+mill a year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Clayton is claiming that Schefter is now saying it's 6 years at 8 million.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Clayton just said it was a 6 year deal, 8 mil a year. Not sure if its true or not.

kazzd58

Reaction score
according to espn john clayton just now, its a 6yr deal about $8 mill/yr

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Corleone;4007551 said:
Clayton just said it was a 6 year deal, 8 mil a year. Not sure if its true or not.

I hope he is right. Otherwise, Free's contract and Tyron Smith's rookie deal will end the same year. Not good.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
So 6 years, 48 mil for Free.

Solid contract for a legit LT in his prime.

Mash

Reaction score
Even better if its a six year deal at 8 mil a year ......probably back loaded I assume...

WittenFan

Reaction score
Wait, if he's so good, how did we get him so cheap? Obviously he's not so good if other teams weren't willing to pay 50 bajillion dollars for him. *sarcasm*

newlander

Reaction score
Mash;4007565 said:
Even better if its a six year deal at 8 mil a year ......probably back loaded I assume...

6 sounds logical...I wasn't disappointed with four BUT....he deserves 6 and we just locked him up...the guy hasn't reached his full potential either.;)