Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Re-Sign QB Kellen Moore

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He was better than Cassell and most of Weeden's starts that year, and had 400 yards passing his last game. But why let facts get in the way of a good rant.
against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I didn't say he was. I simply ferreted the notion that Rush would be "ruined" by having him play in arguably the most talented offense in the entire league.

There's no disputing that he handled what was asked of him during the preseason much better than Moore ever did.

I don't have a response but I do have a question.

I have never heard or read anyone use ferreted in a sentence. What is it suppose to mean? It's going over my head.

When I googled ferreted this definition came up:
  • clear (a hole or area of ground) of rabbits with ferrets.
  • look around in a place or container in search of something.
    "he went to the desk and ferreted around"
    synonyms: rummage, feel around, grope around, forage around, fish around/about, poke around/about; More
    search through, hunt through, rifle through
    "she ferreted in her handbag"
  • search tenaciously for and find something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was better than Cassell and most of Weeden's starts that year, and had 400 yards passing his last game. But why let facts get in the way of a good rant.

0 career wins. Fact.

Totally outplayed by the undrafted free agent. Fact.

Sent packing instead of that undrafted free agent. Fact.

Shown no interest whatsoever league wide upon that release. Fact.

The only eyes you get to cover are your own.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Probably a long-term contract extension coming up too. He will be a Cowboy for life!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have a response but I do have a question.

I have never heard or read anyone use ferreted in a sentence. What is it suppose to mean? It's going over my head.

When I googled ferreted this definition came up:
  • clear (a hole or area of ground) of rabbits with ferrets.
  • look around in a place or container in search of something.
    "he went to the desk and ferreted around"
    synonyms: rummage, feel around, grope around, forage around, fish around/about, poke around/about; More
    search through, hunt through, rifle through
    "she ferreted in her handbag"
  • search tenaciously for and find something.

Refuted was the word used. Autocorrect changed it.

You're welcome.
:thumbup:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't know if we've lost anything by re-signing Moore, so this is a non-issue for me. I don't think we've gained much, but moving Gathers to IR to re-sign Moore isn't a move I expect to cost us.

Now, I could probably name 200 players on practice squads that I'd rather have, but most of those players will turn out to do less than what Moore has in this league. Get back to me when having Moore on the roster causes us to miss out on the Super Bowl.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Decision to keep Moore was made by the coaches. Fact.

LOL!

And it was a bad one. Fact.

If you want to turn your brain off and parrot everything this team says or does, that's on you. Just don't chastise others for disagreeing with it and calling a bad move for what it is.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Sent packing instead of that undrafted free agent. Fact.

Shown no interest whatsoever league wide upon that release. Fact.

The only eyes you get to cover are your own.

Too funny, he was cut for one day in a roster move and you have absolutely no clue what the league interest in him would be if he was actually available. Those aren't facts, they are just wishful thinking on your part to justify a preset opinion. And its an opinion that the coaches who were right about Dak Prescott disagree with.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This team is living dangerously exposing him to waivers and all. Must be our year

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Floaty
giphy.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too funny, he was cut for one day in a roster move and you have absolutely no clue what the league interest in him would be if he was actually available.

Bull****.

Lie to yourself. You don't get to lie to me.

There was zero interest in this bum in the offseason too. Before he lost his job to an undrafted rookie. He cam back for the least amount of money Dallas could pay him. Another fact.

Those aren't facts, they are just wishful thinking on your part to justify a preset opinion. And its an opinion that the coaches who were right about Dak Prescott disagree with.

You mean the guys who thought Weeden and Cassel could play? Those guys? Yeah, you sign off on and parrot everything they say and do. I'll call it like I see it.

31 teams and organizations see it the same way I do.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IMO, there's no harm at all in getting him the experience if you're forced into that situation. And given the ability he's shown, you might actually win a few games.

Vs a proven loser, shown to be incapable of playing at the NFL level. Lacking the requisite physical tools to compete. A player who will never get any better. The definition of a progress stopper.

In my opinion, there is no risk of "ruining" anything.

I think if you are forced into it, that's a different matter. However, a certain amount of that is contingent upon how you prepare to deal with that type of eventuality. Either way, I think your probably screwed if we are without our starter for a long period of time. If that happens, I'd rather throw Moore out there and let him get beat the hell up, continue to bring Rush along and get another high pick. JMO thou.

Zman5

Reaction score
Moore knows the offense inside and out.

Rush is not ready to read defenses, change protections, adjust routes, audible out of bad plays, and snap the ball in 10 seconds. He's just not.

Soon enough he will be.

Linehan knows the offense better than anyone. Do you want him to be our QB#2?

Knowing the offense doesn't necessarily mean you can run the offense. Moore may know where to throw the ball but he can't make the throw due to his physical limitations.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just don't chastise others for disagreeing with it and calling a bad move for what it is.

OK, I just got off the phone with my attorneys and they just informed me that Beavis and Butthead Avatars are allowed to chastise on the Internet but South Park Avatars are not. I'll stop as soon as I get the Fedex of legal documents to sign.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if you are forced into it, that's a different matter. However, a certain amount of that is contingent upon how you prepare to deal with that type of eventuality. Either way, I think your probably screwed if we are without our starter for a long period of time. If that happens, I'd rather throw Moore out there and let him get bet the hell up, continue to bring Rush along and get another high pick. JMO thou.

I respect it and disagree with it. But kudos for your civility.