RELEASED Cowboys release James Washington

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will eat some crow with this one, I admit that I had high hopes when Washington was signed.
Sometimes what appears to be a total steal is total lead.
Same here. I know him and his family a bit. This was a major disappointment. He just cant stay healthy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems like a silly move with one game left.
Should of just kept him at this point, unless we are expecting a dynamic pre post season shuffle.
Or he just suked so bad that management is throwing down that old school Jimmy tech...
Fall asleep in my meetings and take the bus home.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wish we would’ve signed Hilton in the off-season instead of this this guy. Sometimes cheap isn’t always great
Unfortunately, Hilton wasn't available in the off-season. He intentionally took time off for his kids. We signed him at exactly the time he was available. But what a great acquisition he has been. Great job by the FO!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What a waste of resources James Washington turned out to be. Bad timing for his injury and never had any real impact once he got healthy.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My point is the blunder with the Cooper decision overall is at the Galloway/Williams level.

They thought they would replace his production with a bunch of minor moves and they were wrong.

What would this offense look like with another 1000+ yard WR on it?
Probably about the same with the way they have been properly emphasising the run so...
Most likely another 1000+ reciever wasn't going to happen no matter what.
I dunno.
You dunno.
We dunno.

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol.
81 catches for 970 yards and 3 touchdowns in 5 years for you is an “excellent draft pick”? Do you even know who was available in 2017 before him? Lol. I forgot. Pom Poms never fall out of your hands
Can you tell me any 7th round picks that are doing better than him. How many of the 2017 7th rounders are even playing for the team that drafted them?

rambo2

Reaction score
What a waste of resources James Washington turned out to be. Bad timing for his injury and never had any real impact once he got healthy.
He didn't cost much and getting Hilton is paying off.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Can you tell me any 7th round picks that are doing better than him. How many of the 2017 7th rounders are even playing for the team that drafted them?
Not talking about 7th rounders. Just players before him. As a 7th round pick. Theee are plenty. You refuse to acknowledge any mistakes this team has made lol. Ever. It’s insane. Noah brown was an excellent pick ? Lol Jesus

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think as a #2 Cowboys signing him was a bad move. Clearly injury hurt him and was never able to get it going but also no reason to believe he could not fill the #2 spot.
Sure if NFL teams had a crystal ball several moves that have been made would not have been made.

It was a completely cheap *** move. Washington had done nothing in the NFL to warrant even being considered a legitimate #2 in this league. So yeah, there was plenty of reason to believe he'd not fill the #2 spot. Washington had never done anything to think that yeah, that was a decent signing to slide in as a #2 WR on a team with SB aspirations. His high mark was 44 catches 3 seasons ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
It tells you that they are doing everything they can to win.

Yes.......... because they botched WR earlier they had to scramble late in order to give themselves the best chance at winning.

Thanks for agreeing with the rest of us.

Sydla

Reaction score
Of course he was and he replaced Cooper as the number 1 receiver this year.

And then who replaced Lamb's role as the #2?

James Washington. A ridiculously shortsighted and cheap move by the front office. Yeah he got hurt, but nothing in his tenure in Pittsburgh screamed, "Ya know what, that dude is a legit #2 in this league!"

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
And then who replaced Lamb's role as the #2?

James Washington. A ridiculously shortsighted and cheap move by the front office. Yeah he got hurt, but nothing in his tenure in Pittsburgh screamed, "Ya know what, that dude is a legit #2 in this league!"
Exactly. The Washington move was supposed to soften the blow. He and Gallup were expected to replace the production of either Lamb or Cooper and fell terribly short. Instead we ended up with Noah Brown, etc, playing major roles, leading to an inconsistent passing game. Dak's interceptions are a direct result of releasing Cooper and not having adequate talent to replace the void that move left.