RELEASED Cowboys release WR Martavis Bryant

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
The gimmick didn't generate as much enduring buzz as they hoped, but wait, there's more!

For our next parlor trick, we'll sign the son of a former Cowboy...

CowboysRule

Reaction score
There were fans that were actually excited about him. :rolleyes:
I don't remember anyone being excited about it. I remember some people saying it was dumb (as they do for literally any move the Cowboys make) and others saying it was "no risk, possible reward."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone being excited about it. I remember some people saying it was dumb (as they do for literally any move the Cowboys make) and others saying it was "no risk, possible reward."
There were several fans talking him up and there were many like myself who thought he was
a jag. There were multiple threads with some looking forward to seeing him play. This is just a couple of the threads and one of them is 13 pages.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/is-...ut-after-jalen-tolberts-lousy-week-11.517302/

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the...eceiver-martavis-bryant-to-a-contract.516705/

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Our big signing towards the end of the year, aka, the difference maker who never saw a playbook. I wonder how many other reclamation projects Jr and Sr have up their sleeves...

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would have liked to see him play. Just a wasted roster/PS spot with this staff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez Pt 2 at the time, right? Many in here went all goofy over him. Many like me never took the bait
I don’t recall people going “goofy”…most knew what it was. A kick the tires situation. Shocked it lasted this long. He’s nothing like Dez.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
lets hope they are adding Zay Jones or this release doesnt make sense.
If that's how far down my hope has gone, to hell with it all. They aren't moving the needle regardless. Nothing against Zay Jones as he's had flashes but it's just another meh signing. How about a RB?

CWR

Reaction score
There were several fans talking him up and there were many like myself who thought he was
a jag. There were multiple threads with some looking forward to seeing him play. This is just a couple of the threads and one of them is 13 pages.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/is-...ut-after-jalen-tolberts-lousy-week-11.517302/

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the...eceiver-martavis-bryant-to-a-contract.516705/
Went through about 4 pages including the last and the only one I saw talking him up was DEZ lol. Im sure there was an oddball but most responded with sarcasm or apathy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Went through about 4 pages including the last and the only one I saw talking him up was DEZ lol. Im sure there was an oddball but most responded with sarcasm or apathy.
There were other posts with some talking him up. The links I found showed fans who were looking forward to seeing him play. A thread doesn’t last 13 pages if fans don’t have interest in a player. Could be sarcasm but this fan seemed excited.

At 6-foot-4 and 214 pounds with game-breaking speed, Bryant brings a unique physical profile to the Cowboys' WR room

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
There were other posts with some talking him up. The links I found showed fans who were looking forward to seeing him play. A thread doesn’t last 13 pages if fans don’t have interest in a player.
Like I said, I'm sure there were a few oddball fans, but no. The large majority knew this was a nothing burger. I'm not one to defend the football intelligence of this board either. It's all good, I'm sure you found posts I didn't. Pretty sure I never commented on any of his threads because I was underwhelmed.