RELEASED Cowboys release WR Martavis Bryant

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm sure there were a few oddball fans, but no. The large majority knew this was a nothing burger. I'm not one to defend the football intelligence of this board either. It's all good, I'm sure you found posts I didn't. Pretty sure I never commented on any of his threads because I was underwhelmed.
The large majority thought the signing was dumb and laughed at the move but you know how it is here. There were a few that liked the move and started looking for positives with him, primarily his size. There were at least 3-4 threads with a few fans revved up to see him play. One fan kept talking him up as a big red zone threat.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There were other posts with some talking him up. The links I found showed fans who were looking forward to seeing him play. A thread doesn’t last 13 pages if fans don’t have interest in a player. Could be sarcasm but this fan seemed excited.
He literally posted a article from Landryhat that’s not what he said lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Went through about 4 pages including the last and the only one I saw talking him up was DEZ lol. Im sure there was an oddball but most responded with sarcasm or apathy.
Looking over ZekeCowboys posts in that thread, he posted part of an article giving the low down on Bryant. He wasn’t excited about him. I’m still trying find a few posts from someone I argued with who loved the move.

CWR

Reaction score
Looking over ZekeCowboys posts in that thread, he posted part of an article giving the low down on Bryant. He wasn’t excited about him. I’m still trying find a few posts from someone I argued with who loved the move.
I'm sure there's a couple of the hardcore homers, like the ones who become irate the moment you say anything critical of the team or even front office. Lol.

GMO415

Reaction score

83895fc6-8d0f-4b31-972b-ad6d626a2ff3_text.gif

Carson

Reaction score
I wonder if he’s back now that Jones has moved on

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The fact that the team overplayed this entire salvage project was shameful.

But I guess it sent a message or something.

We will unearth every stone.

Stephen Jones is committed every day, every hour, every second to improving the talent base of this football team.

And sometimes, well, it just does not work out.

Oh well, you keep on grinding.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
lets hope they are adding Zay Jones or this release doesnt make sense.
Say what? As noted in a story on his release "he 6-foot-4 weapon has not played in a regular-season game since 2018"

2018! And you expected him to turn into a valued receiver?

Wish I had your rose-colored glasses.

Never expected anything from him, and so....

Carson

Reaction score
Say what? As noted in a story on his release "he 6-foot-4 weapon has not played in a regular-season game since 2018"

2018! And you expected him to turn into a valued receiver?

Wish I had your rose-colored glasses.

Never expected anything from him, and so....
People don’t view it as a swap. But more so Bryant was released so Jones could fit under the # before camp

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
People don’t view it as a swap. But more so Bryant was released so Jones could fit under the # before camp
Probably, but Bryant was gone by the start of the season regardless. Good camp body is why he was kept, not that many 6-4 receivers in the league..

Just another attempt by Jerry to show he's smarter than any other GM in the league, the "You let him go? Just watch, I'll make him All Pro!"

;)

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'm getting nervous. I hope the Cowboys at least pick up Tra'Quarious Blessing Thomas at the minimum.