RELEASED Cowboys releasing Collins

Carson

Reaction score
Unfortunately, since he is technically cut on after June 1st, I do believe his salary is on the books till then. So while the team will save 11 million, they dont have that 11 million to get someone right now. You think Wagner will be sitting there on June 2?
No.

But you restructure Smith and get your 8 million, get your guy. Take your extra 10 and kick it to next year

Reid1boys

Reaction score
On the fifth day of the league year, which is Sunday, his 2022 salary becomes guaranteed which means the Cowboys could not cut him and get a salary CAP save. But they could still trade him and at that point his salary hits the CAP of the team that takes him. But his $10 million CAP save does not become official until June 1. By June 1 free agency is over and the draft will have been completed. But the thing is, teams who did not get the OT they wanted in the draft will be looking for free agents and trades. There is a much better chance they will get a draft pick in the summer than now. I just do not see the point in cutting a quality player like Collins and getting nothing in return.

do you know exactly what was happening behind the scenes? Collins is a major headache and teams all know it. Without a doubt they tried to trade him, teams said forget about it.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Unfortunately, since he is technically cut on after June 1st, I do believe his salary is on the books till then. So while the team will save 11 million, they dont have that 11 million to get someone right now. You think Wagner will be sitting there on June 2?
Nope

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If your top 12 OL couldn't help your QB or RB obviously the answer is cutting the better right tackle so the cheaper guy can start. Stephen is so far ahead of the curve he's just pure genius in team building.

stinkface

Reaction score
I think he was on double secret probation and they kept it quiet until everyone in the NFL figured it out. Big brother is always watching.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
If your top 12 OL couldn't help your QB or RB obviously the answer is cutting the better right tackle so the cheaper guy can start. Stephen is so far ahead of the curve he's just pure genius in team building.
Stephen is the worlds greatest GM

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We are the only ones who get nothing on good players. That is why its 25 years and counting.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

This team is being gutted because the owner and his son are Dumbo GMs.

You give away a Pro Bowl WR, cut a starting OL, let the other starting OL walk, lose a starting DE by trying to be slik (the owner needs a conduct voidable clause), and resign a one legged WR that has had multiple knee injuries.

This has so bad that it is hilarious that any Arlington Jonesboys fan thinks this will be a contending playoff team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sounds like we're getting ready to give the baby dak more money. he plays better with more money and gives better efforts. "I'm ready to win"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Terrence Steele is your new starting right tackle….LOL

laughing-cat-gif.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's almost like they are clearing the books for a new coach next year.
But...I doubt they are that smart to pull that off.

Its either an intentional tank job or incompetence at a level that is rarely seen in pro sports.

I want to tell myself its the first, but a little voice in my head keeps telling me its the second:omg: