RELEASED Cowboys releasing Collins

J_Allen

Reaction score
I really thought he was going to be a killer o lineman for us and that just wasn't the case...

His famous play as a rookie when he pulled gave me flashbacks of Larry Allen.

He gone now.... I hope he kills it for his next team.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
no its confusing, would have hoped for a trade and betering noone wanted him at that price.

im betting there's reasons he was let go, we wont know about for while like future suspensions.,

guesses,

one same issues RG has had ie drug related fines and suspensions, same agents, and not like LC came back after the suspension in shape and played lights out , did he another player that was being signaled out all year and now fans are judging the Jonses form letting him go. prove me wrong so many in here did not want RG to get large guaranteed deal especially without protection, LC was being called fat and lazy before his 2020 injury that took him out, and then called him many ugly names by allegedly bring the nfl drug testers trying to get out of suspeion and instead made waves fihghtig the 2 game suspension and got 5 instead. Right both those guys were highly coveted...:muttley: fan faves

AC most liked but also his know overpaid, underachieving and disappears in big games and production is on the way down.

we got Dlaw in better cap friendly deal, Schultz is one of daks faves and got paid,

so far did i miss anysting to the about overaction to al these moves ?

nope, im correct most here will question them only and ONLY because jerry made them, only because the Jonses did it without actually remembering those facts above from this very fan base in the zone..

back to the fact its 6 months before game 1 and already the Debbie downer doom and gloomers think its failed season before roaster is built, 2 weeks into the FA period and before the draft, before anything..:cool:

can we allow them to build team and have that team play the season and that is a FACT the ONLY way to judge an offseason..not now NEVER is that good way but go ahead be "that guy" cry, while, moan, and expect the worst.

ill wait and see than debate im not wasting time debating moves before the season is ever even in sight..SIX MONTHS away!!:popcorn:

go ahead be the overreactive emotionally invested negative on the daily guys. Most of which said the 2021 draft would suck, said MP was a reach, same ones saying we should have traded up to get corner instead of MP.all of which were very worng because they said all that before Micah suited up.. eaxcclty that is the crowd you belong too , go ahead TRYT and mock me you know i am corerwct and this is too early to react this way,..the same crwod antign ET so bad and thaen what happemnd it all belew up , same crwod wantignan aold aginf AP to repalce zeke. what has this tool done the last 5 years?? yes i could go on for hours buit you know who you are..knowitall section of the site.

go ahead..falls on deaf earls and blind eyes because ill deide after 17 games are layed in 2022 not 2 weeks into the offseaosn move prowcess.

yes we both know deep down insde I am correct.:omg:

No disrespect, but your post are horrible to try and read! Is English your primary language?

Robster8989

Reaction score
They are cutting away a lot of fat from the roster.

Gregory, Cooper and Collins were high paid but inconsistent in their performance. They were up and down all season, they disappeared in some of the biggest games.
Dak?
Zeke?

blueblood70

Reaction score
No disrespect,

anyone who starts a sentence like that Should never finish,

make it simple, dont reply move on , I dont care , got it?

.i use text speak if you cant handle me being in a rush and have more important thing to so and don't like my sentence structure using social media type texting. move on. Ignore me, dont read it, please ill save you from your misery..:facepalm::muttley:

Verdict

Reaction score
guess Stephen couldn't get a pick for him, that's what happens when you telegraph your moves

I really think that the issue of “telegraphing moves” is overblown. Think about it—if a team believes that Collins is on a below market value contract —and they want the player, they will approach the team about to cut a player and offer value. If more than one team is involved in that process, then a bidding war begins for the player.

If a team believes that the player can be signed for less in free agency, then there will not be a market for the player. Of course it’s an inexact science, but that’s the general premise of how these things go down.

Saying you are about to cut a player is not really a bad thing. It lets teams know that you are open for business and that they are on the clock if they want to make an offer.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Great news!

Collins was the most disappointing player on the team.

Good riddance!

With him and Gregory both gone this has been a positive week for sure.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
This is such a stupid move. They could have held him until after June or even training camp.
Of course, there could be something we do not know about Collins that will come out in the near future. We will have to wait and see.

This right here, what's really going on behind the curtain?

If Collins lost his up coming guaranteed bonus money due to his suspension, then wait for camp.
Injuries to O linemen on teams occur all the time and then Collins becomes an asset/traded.
His salary for the season isn't guaranteed until the season starts.
The only difference here is a trade excelerates his remaining money into this year's cap as opposed to kicking out a large portion to next year if released after June 1st.
I value an extra pick more than cap savings this year.
You spend that money either way, this year or next.

Carter

Reaction score
We lost most games he started and won most with steele at starting tackle. Steele costs you 700k a year for the next two years.

This move was coming but its still stupid they couldnt get atleast a 6th or so for him

Creeper

Reaction score
They had to cut him in a few days by the start of the league year. Now or never.

On the fifth day of the league year, which is Sunday, his 2022 salary becomes guaranteed which means the Cowboys could not cut him and get a salary CAP save. But they could still trade him and at that point his salary hits the CAP of the team that takes him. But his $10 million CAP save does not become official until June 1. By June 1 free agency is over and the draft will have been completed. But the thing is, teams who did not get the OT they wanted in the draft will be looking for free agents and trades. There is a much better chance they will get a draft pick in the summer than now. I just do not see the point in cutting a quality player like Collins and getting nothing in return.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What are we freeing up all of this money for?

You know that there is more to this than just next season, right? They also have to plan for when guys like Diggs and Parsons are free agents.

Reactions: Ken

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That’s true.The whole thing was strange.I just hope this $ saved allows us to do some more things and dumb & dumber just don’t sit on it.
Unfortunately, since he is technically cut on after June 1st, I do believe his salary is on the books till then. So while the team will save 11 million, they dont have that 11 million to get someone right now. You think Wagner will be sitting there on June 2?

CWR

Reaction score
We lost most games he started and won most with steele at starting tackle. Steele costs you 700k a year for the next two years.

This move was coming but its still stupid they couldnt get atleast a 6th or so for him

Just wait, he probably failed another drug test or something stupid.