RELEASED Cowboys releasing Collins

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Make it make sense. Lol. What are they doing with this cap space. I can stand by the releases but I can't tolerate the fact it leads to NOTHING.

Basically the entire fanbase has been doing this since the new year:

200w.gif

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Starting players are released through out the league. Almost no one is willing to part with draft/ player capital before the draft, especially if it's not a QB. The 5th for Cooper is looking fortunate.

Carson

Reaction score
Starting players are released through out the league. Almost no one is willing to part with draft/ player capital before the draft, especially if it's not a QB. The 5th for Cooper is looking fortunate.
True.

But it's a bad look.

Collins was suspended and Steele played well. They forced Collins back into the starting role and these were reps Steele could've used.

LittleD

Reaction score
This is such a stupid move. There is no need to cut him now even if they intended to cut him after June 1. They could have held him until after June or even training camp. Then let him compete for the RT spot. If Steele proves he can do the job then trade Collins. They would get a draft pick for him in August or September, I can guarantee that.

But now, they let a starting RT go for nothing and they don't even see any CAP relief until after June 1. What will they do with the money then when all the best free agents are signed by other teams?

This team was so close to being a contender in 2021 and instead of building on that the Joneses have taken a good team and turned them into mediocrity again. I will be shocked if Terence Steele turns out to be as good as Collins at RT.

Of course, there could be something we do not know about Collins that will come out in the near future. We will have to wait and see.

They had to cut him in a few days by the start of the league year. Now or never.

blueblood70

Reaction score
where is @blueblood70 to tell me how this is GREAT MOVE by our FO. lol
no its confusing, would have hoped for a trade and betering noone wanted him at that price.

im betting there's reasons he was let go, we wont know about for while like future suspensions.,

guesses,

one same issues RG has had ie drug related fines and suspensions, same agents, and not like LC came back after the suspension in shape and played lights out , did he another player that was being signaled out all year and now fans are judging the Jonses form letting him go. prove me wrong so many in here did not want RG to get large guaranteed deal especially without protection, LC was being called fat and lazy before his 2020 injury that took him out, and then called him many ugly names by allegedly bring the nfl drug testers trying to get out of suspeion and instead made waves fihghtig the 2 game suspension and got 5 instead. Right both those guys were highly coveted...:muttley: fan faves

AC most liked but also his know overpaid, underachieving and disappears in big games and production is on the way down.

we got Dlaw in better cap friendly deal, Schultz is one of daks faves and got paid,

so far did i miss anysting to the about overaction to al these moves ?

nope, im correct most here will question them only and ONLY because jerry made them, only because the Jonses did it without actually remembering those facts above from this very fan base in the zone..

back to the fact its 6 months before game 1 and already the Debbie downer doom and gloomers think its failed season before roaster is built, 2 weeks into the FA period and before the draft, before anything..:cool:

can we allow them to build team and have that team play the season and that is a FACT the ONLY way to judge an offseason..not now NEVER is that good way but go ahead be "that guy" cry, while, moan, and expect the worst.

ill wait and see than debate im not wasting time debating moves before the season is ever even in sight..SIX MONTHS away!!:popcorn:

go ahead be the overreactive emotionally invested negative on the daily guys. Most of which said the 2021 draft would suck, said MP was a reach, same ones saying we should have traded up to get corner instead of MP.all of which were very worng because they said all that before Micah suited up.. eaxcclty that is the crowd you belong too , go ahead TRYT and mock me you know i am corerwct and this is too early to react this way,..the same crwod antign ET so bad and thaen what happemnd it all belew up , same crwod wantignan aold aginf AP to repalce zeke. what has this tool done the last 5 years?? yes i could go on for hours buit you know who you are..knowitall section of the site.

go ahead..falls on deaf earls and blind eyes because ill deide after 17 games are layed in 2022 not 2 weeks into the offseaosn move prowcess.

yes we both know deep down insde I am correct.:omg:

Sledgerc

Reaction score
Hearing Hip issue was a factor.

Wonder if the boys letting him go was because of concerns of him not being able to go on game day.

LittleD

Reaction score
Guys, be patient... Stephen will do the usual and sign a few fill the hole FA in the coming weeks as prices come down. Just like last year, we will fill our holes with cheap FA just before the draft. You guys should know
by now that 12x5 is good enough for the FO.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
guess Stephen couldn't get a pick for him, that's what happens when you telegraph your moves
Front office ineptness strikes again.....:banghead:

Becoming more and more prominent as Jerry ages.

Really starting to wonder if Marlyn was running the team the whole time.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
With all this $ savings, hopefully FO can get someone halfway decent, not just bottom of the heap leftover stragglers.