RELEASED Cowboys releasing Collins

RS12

Reaction score
It is almost as hard to find starting quality O Linemen in this league as it is a quality QB. The imbeciles continuslly running this franchise into the ground couldnt even get a 7th round pick for the player is mind boggling but sadly believable.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Even the rest of the NFL knows this front office is a joke.

"What's that Mr. Jones? A pick? No, we're good. We'll just wait until you release the player. Thanks for the call though!"

GINeric

Reaction score
Dumb and dumber.

jerry-stephen.jpg

Dumb and dumber.

jerry-stephen.jpg

I swear I wish much more intelligent men like Magic Johnson, LeBron and Jay-Z would buy the Cowboys from the Jones family. They're much smarter than Jerry and his son combined.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm totally OK with dumping Collins. I am pissed though that they couldn't get a pick. Especially because those cap savings will be squandered on scrubs.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I swear I wish much more intelligent men like Magic Johnson, LeBron and Jay-Z would buy the Cowboys from the Jones family. They're much smarter than Jerry and his son combined.
Dumb and dumber are very business smart as that’s their priority, just not football smart as that’s secondary to making the family $ which will happen no matter how good or bad the team is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It isn't great we didn't get anything in return, but that tells you there weren't any offers. I'd rather find a player that wants to play.

erod

Reaction score
....and he's still our best RT and LG option.

I think the decision was made out of spite. He wouldnt take a similar pay cut like Tank and so the Jones cut their nose off.

I dont get it and I can understand the other moves this season. It's a paltry saving of $1.3m and if it was to free CAP just release for McGovern which would saved $2.5. The CAP issue's next year, let him play in 2022 and wait a team may need in season help.
He shows up for camp way out of shape, and gets injured because of it. He's a knucklehead all the way around.

Unreliable.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL where is the logic in this at all? Unless he is a serious headache behind the scenes, you're letting a good RT go...for who? Steele? Dude is a decent backup, but he's not a starter.

cowboyec

Reaction score
bernhard raimann,ot-central michigan.
he very easily could be our pick at 24.
i wonder...if thats how it ends up...if they try him at og.

Carson

Reaction score
bernhard raimann,ot-central michigan.
he very easily could be our pick at 24.
i wonder...if thats how it ends up...if they try him at og.
No thanks. Dude is older / as old as Biadasz and Steele already lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He shows up for camp way out of shape, and gets injured because of it. He's a knucklehead all the way around.

Unreliable.

He's had injury history here, but he's still the best option at RT. There is no good reason to get rid of a good and, at times, great RT that is hardly hitting the cap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
garbage move again by a garbage front office....couldnt even get a 7th for him? good grief

no one will pay 10 mill for a RT with a bad hip, drug problem, no pro bowls.

Plus he’s due 30 mill over the next 3 seasons.

pass.