News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yes.
Now if Romo comes back and plays terrible and the coaching staff stick with him then it would divide the locker room. But isn't naive to think if Romo is playing at a high level the guys that have been going to war with him for several years now will somehow be divided because they loved the 8 weeks with Dak so much. Which players would be so upset with Romo being their QB?
What about the younger players that havent played with Romo all these years

jwitten82

Reaction score
You think if Romo is installed as the starter, it will divide the locker room?

LOL.
If we're still winning with Dak then yes I believe it will. These players are humans, you really dont think theyll question that decision?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
That bum ain't manipulating nothing. How can Zeke be more dominant then he's been the last three weeks? A city bus can run between those holes.

That might mess around and stack the box against 9.

Um, because Dak doesnt throw deep, which allows everyone to cheat up closer

JJHLH1

Reaction score
By Nunzio Ingrassia Oct 10, 2016 at 7:30p ET

The Dallas Cowboys are sitting pretty after five games, boasting a 4-1 mark with rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott playing big roles in the team's fast start.

And now it appears Dallas is close to getting its franchise quarterback back on the field. According to NFL Network, the Cowboys received good news from Tony Romo's MRI, which revealed Monday that his back is healing well and he's on track to return after the bye week.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...t-good-news-on-tony-romo-s-mri-results-101016

The franchise quarterback looked feeble when running with the ball before he slid awkwardly and got injured in Seattle. I think time, age, and injuries have taken a heavy toll on Romo the past 2 years. I admire his toughness, but he likely isn't the same player now as he was in 2014. The Cowboys are making a mistake if they think he will play better than Dak.

superonyx

Reaction score
What about the younger players that havent played with Romo all these years
Like who? Zeke? Nothing about him gives me the feeling he could divide the locker room even if he wanted to.

How many young players will go against the coach, Jerry Jones, Witten, the entire OL, ect....

In fact the argument can be made that not starting Romo would divide the locker room more than starting him.

superonyx

Reaction score
The franchise quarterback looked feeble when running with the ball before he slid awkwardly and got injured in Seattle. I think time, age, and injuries have taken a heavy toll on Romo the past 2 years. I admire his toughness, but he likely isn't the same player now as he was in 2014. The Cowboys are making a mistake if they think he will play better than Dak.
If he is no longer capable of playing better than Dak then he won't be the starter for very long.
What's the problem?

Gabe

Reaction score
If he is no longer capable of playing better than Dak then he won't be the starter for very long.
What's the problem?
My prediction: Romo will come back, knock us out of the playoffs one last time, and his work here will be finished.

Aven8

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith was more disliked here when he was starting and wasn't doing great, and fans wanted (eventually got) Troy Hambrick as the starting rb.

They had the internet way back then??? :D

yimyammer

Reaction score
My prediction: Romo will come back, knock us out of the playoffs one last time, and his work here will be finished.

:laugh:

I'm sorry, but that's funny. Sad, but funny.

Gawd, I wish Romo (& Witt) could shock the world and ride off into the sunset with a Super Bowl win

Gabe

Reaction score
:laugh:

I'm sorry, but that's funny. Sad, but funny.

Gawd, I wish Romo (& Witt) could shock the world and ride off into the sunset with a Super Bowl win
I hope you are right, do I think this will happen? ZERO chance. Couldn't do it in his prime. Wrinkled, old and slow... Better chance of hitting the powerball.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What's the problem?

The problem is the damage any loses will do to playoff seedlings while they figure it out. We are winning at the moment with Dak. You don't change that until he shows signs of faltering.

superonyx

Reaction score
Who's us? Your a grown man who wasn't even a Cowboys fan until we drafted Prescott. When was it that Romo knocked "us" out of the playoffs?

So who was your team before this season?

If we traded Prescott to the Commanders would you become a Commanders fan next year?

superonyx

Reaction score
The problem is the damage any loses will do to playoff seedlings while they figure it out. We are winning at the moment with Dak. You don't change that until he shows signs of faltering.
Oh so Romo will be so bad that we will suddenly start losing....I see.
Dak has played great no doubt...but nothing in Romos play would lead me to believe that when he comes back he will suddenly be Brandon Weeden. The QB position is mostly mental. Romo even if he is less than he previously was in all likelihood won't start costing us games.

cej757

Reaction score
I'm not going to ask 'Are you serious' because you would reply and then I'd be completely dumbfounded, TWICE, way to early in the morning.

Enjoy the new era it's really fun :flagwave:

Dak to the Future:star:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
By Nunzio Ingrassia Oct 10, 2016 at 7:30p ET

The Dallas Cowboys are sitting pretty after five games, boasting a 4-1 mark with rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott playing big roles in the team's fast start.

And now it appears Dallas is close to getting its franchise quarterback back on the field. According to NFL Network, the Cowboys received good news from Tony Romo's MRI, which revealed Monday that his back is healing well and he's on track to return after the bye week.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...t-good-news-on-tony-romo-s-mri-results-101016

Gotta love how the date keeps going backwards. And now Jones is waffling on when Romo might come back.