Twitter: Cowboys send 4 to the pro bowl

Redline360

Reaction score
We all knew Dak was not getting in. Brees, wilson , rodgers and hell cousins at this point is playing lights out.

Dak has beat one winning team and the majority of his stats as players, league, an analyst know come from garbage time.

Dak is an above average quarterback(surrounded by one of the best OL and RB) who will have an insanly good game or two against good teams every year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
We all knew Dak was not getting in. Brees, wilson , rodgers and hell cousins at this point is playing lights out.

Dak has beat one winning team and the majority of his stats as players, league, an analyst know come from garbage time.

Dak is an above average quarterback(surrounded by one of the best OL and RB) who will have an insanly good game or two against good teams every year.
I would suspect that Garroppolo is a higher alternate than Dak as well, as he also has 26 TD passes and a higher QB rating than Dak, in addition to being on an 11-3 team. I suspect Dak is the 3rd alternate at this point.

It's funny that supposedly this year the Cowboys are supposed to be redefined as having a high flying passing attack, and the Pro Bowl basically just stuffs the four guys who are the running game engine in there :laugh:. No QB, no pass catchers. I guess the rest of the league ain't buyin' what the garbage time stats are sellin'.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you're considering individual players for the Pro Bowl with regard to team wins you're not factoring in individual players.

jay94

Reaction score
No Amari Cooper?

Hopefully that brings his asking price down

This a is a crime and shows that the system is broken. Zeke doesn't deserve to go and Amari is a shoe in. Also Fredrick doesn't deserve to go. Zeke has had 2 great games out of the year. Also most importantly Dak certainly deserves to go.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak didnt make because of 2 key points.

1. Dak has struggled against good teams with a 1-6 overall record against teams above 500
2. Aikman did him no favors, basically said on national TV that while he leads the league in passing yards you have to put an asterisk beside that because most of those yards have come in garbage time when the team was multiple scores behind. In short, Aikman said he was a "stat padder".

My guess is he is probably an alternate and will go when one of the starters drops out, but this is why he didnt get the nod straight up.

links18

Reaction score
Maher making 3 60 plus FGs doesn't make it? Does Jerry not get a vote?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak didnt make because of 2 key points.

1. Dak has struggled against good teams with a 1-6 overall record against teams above 500
2. Aikman did him no favors, basically said on national TV that while he leads the league in passing yards you have to put an asterisk beside that because most of those yards have come in garbage time when the team was multiple scores behind. In short, Aikman said he was a "stat padder".

My guess is he is probably an alternate and will go when one of the starters drops out, but this is why he didnt get the nod straight up.
I'm guessing Dak passed at least for 250 - 300+ yards against those 7 above .500 teams where the team has gone 1 - 6 against. I'm betting Zeke maybe rushed for over 100 yards just 1 or 2 times during those same 7 above .500 teams, yet he got a Pro Bowl invite? Does anyone see what's wrong here?

Aikman can shove it as far as I'm concerned. Dude has sounded envious and full of hatred for some weird reason. He has flip-flopped so many times on this team this season, especially in recent weeks and days. Mr. "You either have accuracy & anticipation or you don't as a young NFL QB" wouldn't fare any better behind this offense whose receivers lead the league in drops, whose team is among the league leaders in injuries/drive-killing penalties, #1 paid RB has struggled most of the season, Oline has been average at best, and whose playcalling has been questionable and suspect half the time. Mr. 2 left feet would not survive in today's game without having the best blocking Oline up front, best route running and catching receivers, best running back in the game, and the best playcalling in the league (along with the best defense to back your offense up). No better proof than his last 4 seasons on record.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Mike Clay picks five Pro Bowl snubs
1. Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys. Prescott is easily the biggest snub. The 26-year-old has dealt with a league-high 25 drops this season, but he still ranks third among quarterbacks in completions, second in passing yards, fifth in total touchdowns and fifth in yards per pass attempt. He's also at or near the top of every advanced efficiency metric, including Total QBR, in which he sits third (73.3) behind only Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes.

What surprised you most about the 2019 Pro Bowl rosters?

Eric Karabell, fantasy football writer: Not sure what else Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott needs to do, but he's having a better statistical season with flashier numbers than Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, who both made the team in the NFC. Voting shouldn't be about your career or your team's current record.

Jason Reid, The Undefeated, senior writer: Not picking Prescott. Really? I get that the Cowboys have their issues, but Prescott isn't the problem. He's having a fabulous season and should be on this roster. It's as simple as that.

Jeremy Fowler, national NFL writer: Kirk Cousins is one of the league's most efficient quarterbacks, ranking second in the NFC in passer rating and completion percentage. He should have been in over Aaron Rodgers, whose numbers are inferior in several areas.

Kevin Seifert, national NFL writer: At the very least, I thought the word was out that Aaron Rodgers was having a season that was at best efficient but in no way accolade-worthy. I was wrong, and am reminded how reputation-based the Pro Bowl balloting system is. Rodgers' QBR ranks No. 17 in the NFL for a reason.

Seth Walder, sports analytics writer: The volume of undeserved reputational selections, such as Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, Travis Frederick, Frank Clark, Geno Atkins, Darius Slay and Jalen Ramsey. But no pick stands out more than Aaron Rodgers, who has had middling production this season despite playing behind the league's best pass-blocking offensive line, making the NFC team over Prescott and Kirk Cousins.

Pick one player who didn't make this Pro Bowl roster but will make it for the 2020 season.

Seifert: Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys. When this season is over, most people will recognize the huge jump he took in 2019. There is every reason to think his improvement is based on experience, not some kind of unlikely-to-repeat set of factors, and that means it will carry over into 2020.

https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28321825/2020-pro-bowl-snubs-surprises-nfl-experts-audit-afc-nfc-rosters?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&platform=amp&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28321825/2020-pro-bowl-snubs-surprises-nfl-experts-audit-afc-nfc-rosters

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guessing Dak passed at least for 250 - 300+ yards against those 7 above .500 teams where the team has gone 1 - 6 against. I'm betting Zeke maybe rushed for over 100 yards just 1 or 2 times during those same 7 above .500 teams, yet he got a Pro Bowl invite? Does anyone see what's wrong here?

Aikman can shove it as far as I'm concerned. Dude has sounded envious and full of hatred for some weird reason. He has flip-flopped so many times on this team this season, especially in recent weeks and days. Mr. "You either have accuracy & anticipation or you don't as a young NFL QB" wouldn't fare any better behind this offense whose receivers lead the league in drops, whose team is among the league leaders in injuries/drive-killing penalties, #1 paid RB has struggled most of the season, Oline has been average at best, and whose playcalling has been questionable and suspect half the time. Mr. 2 left feet would not survive in today's game without having the best blocking Oline up front, best route running and catching receivers, best running back in the game, and the best playcalling in the league (along with the best defense to back your offense up). No better proof than his last 4 seasons on record.

No new mega-deal no Pro-bowl no no no no.
Better get used to Dak-disappointments like we do weekly with his inept play on the field.
Zeke is the QB and the offense runs thru him, we await any glory there might be out there for us.........

P.S. Wonder if Zeke made the Pro-Bowl....????:muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No new mega-deal no Pro-bowl no no no no.
Better get used to Dak-disappointments like we do weekly with his inept play on the field.
Zeke is the QB and the offense runs thru him, we await any glory there might be out there for us.........

P.S. Wonder if Zeke made the Pro-Bowl....????:muttley:
You make sure to be a man of your word as you are a daily Dak basher. Honor your word by staying away for the whole upcoming year when Dak gets that huge new contract by season's end.