Cowboys settle cheerleader pay dispute, entire squad gets pay boost

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has never been about money with the Dallas Cowboy Cheeleaders

Tryouts were for the privilege to get to do it.
Tons of exposure and bragging rights for life
If Im not mistaken, they used to do it for free before Jerry

Having said that, if we going to continue to have them, I think they should be paid.
and more than they currently are.

Used to be $15 a game around 30 years ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What were they going to do if they did not get a pay increase, walk out?
Then Jerry brings in scab cheerleaders?
:lmao:

Just load up some girls from the local gentleman's club, and the name of the club can appear as an advertisement on the girl's ***.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many cheerleaders have other jobs, go to college, or both. Some are married and do it because they can, bragging rights mostly.

A good friend of mine, went to high school with a Cowboys cheerleader, but this was 15 years ago. They kept contact until she stopped cheerleading. She did it for 2 years and said she would not trade the experience for anything.

Another friend, her niece was a finalist, actually she was going to be an alternate. But decided to go to college full time out of the area. As she chose an education from a scholarship over being a cheerleader.

Many do not care about getting paid, it is the thrill of it all, and what may happen afterwards, opening up doors as many having acting aspirations.

Pokeness

Reaction score
Not sure if already mentioned, but I would like to know how does their pay compare to other NFL teams' cheerleaders. You would think with the visibility and brand name recognition, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders would be getting paid in the upper tier of the bell curve. If not, then yes Jerry needs to up it.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Let them work for tips in the stripper cages. Give them exclusive control of the cages for all events year round.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Can other Cowboy fans please say a prayer with me that the Cowboys never, ever, ever, ever, ever get any male cheerleaders? That kind of thing just is not a Texas thing. Texas men ride bulls and don't wave pom poms.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He's belittling the profession as if they should just be grateful to be a cheerleader. It's obvious that they don't HAVE to be cheerleaders, saying that statement doesn't advance the conversation at all. Its the same as every other job in the country. You don't HAVE to do it. But if you do, then you deserve to ask for what you think you are worth.
Wut?

You are making things up in your head and seeing things that aren't there.

J-man

Reaction score
10393886_653982891357997_4638150419382117246_n.jpg

The cheerleaders are awesome! They do deserve more but the reality is they are not a necessity. And they do make $ at promotions across the country. That's me and my daughter when she got to cheer with them in Harrisburg years ago.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry should be embarrassed what they pay those girls. I get its an honor to be selected and being a cowboy cheerleader has value in itself. However, just b/c you can take advantage and pay a low wage doesn't mean you should or thats it right......... especially in the NFL where they print money. I bet the guys who fetch gatorade make more.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
$12 an hour and $400 a game? Pathetic JJ. I have two daughters at home and they watch their CMT show. Those women go through hell, and they are not compensated fairly.

Yeah. I was surprised that they settled for so little

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And so it came to pass that 2019 was the monumental moment
in CowboysZone.com (You're In The Zone!) history
when members ROSE UP in righteous indignation

and DISSED

the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

And without pics.

So Let It Be Written. So Let It Be Done.