Cowboys Should Consider Trading for Rosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They didn’t like Romo either. In fact, they don’t like anyone.

Not many said get rid of him (when the team was just in the playoffs) so we can get an inferior qb as his replacement. Dak just needs to get his defense and Zeke to show up vs the Rams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't shake the feeling that Rosen will ultimately end up in New England as the heir apparent to Tom Brady.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've watched Big 12 Football since the day it became the Big 12. I've never seen Tech run a Pro Style Offense. I mean, if it takes repeating, then I guess that's what I will do but won't change the fact that neither Mahomes nor Keenum ran a Pro Style Offense.

Rosen fits a Pro Style Offense. That's the point that's being made to you. Rosen doesn't fit Kingsbury's Offense. No amount of claiming he does makes that true. I, in turn, don't understand how you don't get this.

You are still pretending I said Tech ran a pro style offense, and that's a pure fabrication, and a fabrication you keep repeating over and over as if writing it more makes it legitimate. I said they used Mahomes to pass from the pocket. Again. that's not to say he never, ever rolled out, or that he didn't move away from the pocket to avoid pass rushers, but the term "pocket passer" doesn't mean a QB never, ever rolls out and will stay in the pocket and take sacks rather than move away from pressure. And it isn't limited to what you view as a "pro-style offense".

And, again, it's a pure fabrication to say "Kingsbury's offense" requires a certain style QB. Kingsbury has had success with QB's of very different styles. And, the reality is, if he were convinced that Rosen had big upside as an NFL QB he would work Rosen's skills into his offense the way he has always done at every place he coached. The other reality is, if he goes with Murray it will be because he believes Murray is more talented.

I suspect all this "Rosen doesn't fit Kingsbury's offense" thing you are talking about is just tip toeing around the fact Rosen isn't very mobile, and doesn't have a strong arm, and if that's the case, those things would be liabilities in Dallas or anywhere else.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I can't shake the feeling that Rosen will ultimately end up in New England as the heir apparent to Tom Brady.

I’ve thought this as well. If the price for Rosen does become only a 3rd, then many teams would be wise to consider it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Now before everybody losses their mind, consider: Cardinals are rumored to be going after Murray. That probably leaves Rosen as expendable. Opinions on what it costs to get Rosen are all over the place. I think it's reasonable to think that you might be able to get him for a 3rd Rd pick.

Now a 3rd Rd pick is valuable for sure but lets say they would trade him for a 3rd, would you do this? While Rosen was with the Cards, their Offense was horrible and their OL was worse. Certainly not all of it was on Rosen but some of it was. He needs to be developed but lets say you traded for him. What you get is a kid with a lot of natural ability to throw the ball. Rosen has talent, there is no question about that. The real question is, does he have the rest of it? I don't think anybody can really know for sure what Rosen is, in that Cardinal Offense. Just too many holes and not enough talent around him. However, if you could trade for him, he immediately becomes the best backup option the Cowboys have on the team and who knows how good he might be behind our OL and with our skilled players? At the very least, he becomes a guy who can be a solid backup IMO. But more then that, he provides more leverage in negotiations with Dak. If the Cowboys go out and get Rosen, they immediately have an option at QB if Dak is unwilling to sign a reasonable deal or decides to hold out. It gives the Cowboys an option and gives them a year to let him learn the Offense. The Cowboys would not be in a position where they have to accept any terms Dak's agent gives them. Could very well drive a lower cost associated with Dak in negotiations. If he ends up being your starter, you have 4 years of a Rookie deal which allows you to use that cap to strengthen the team around a Rosen, if it comes to that. There are a lot of positives I can see to a trade for Rosen, assuming you don't have to spend a lot to get him. He might not be a bad option for the Cowboys to consider. He serves a purpose on the team. He provides a lot of flexibility if he has to become the starter. He gives you a very manageable cap number for another 4 years, he has starting experience and he can provide leverage in any Dak negotiation. He might be worth a 3rd round pick if he can save you from having to spend 30 million for 6 years as opposed to 25?

Absolutley argee with you said this same thing 2 months ago when it was reported the Cards are going to draft Murray

silvrNblue

Reaction score
While Rosen was with the Cards, their Offense was horrible and their OL was worse.
Same could be said for our QB, and yet we still get the Dak's a bum, dump the bum, get us a real Qb, like....Rosen?? LOL, ROFL. At least DP's 1st season he had all the key players and look at where he took us. Had it now been for the ignorance of our clapping moron, we would have beaten GB in that playoff game. Just sayn

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Count me in. This franchise will regret throwing 25-30 mil a year at Dak. Everything will have to go exactly right for Dak to get this team over the hump, and with Jerry and Red in the mix that will never happen.
And you believe it would be any different with whatever Qb they bring in here?/?/ ROFL... ok good luck with that

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I would trade our 2020 1st rounder for chosen Rosen. Then auction off Dak to the highest bidder. Chosen Rosen can become the next Troy Aikman.
WOW!!! Can you please show us that crystal ballie your using to make such a bold claim??/ I for one would LOVE to see it so I can make my SB bets now!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
WOW!!! Can you please show us that crystal ballie your using to make such a bold claim??/ I for one would LOVE to see it so I can make my SB bets now!

If you want to see it all you need to do is look back at how bad/horrible Jarrod Goff looked his 1st year with the Rams

silvrNblue

Reaction score
If you want to see it all you need to do is look back at how bad/horrible Jarrod Goff looked his 1st year with the Rams
So, what your saying is, Dak is still a bum, a "bus" driver, although it took replacing the HC and bringing in a much smarter, chance taking HC to improve him.... but Dak under the clapping idiot, doesn't get that chance? ok...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would trade our 2020 1st rounder for chosen Rosen. Then auction off Dak to the highest bidder. Chosen Rosen can become the next Troy Aikman.

Besides both having gone to UCLA, what exactly is it about Rosen that reminds you of Aikman? Two of the traits that made Aikman a great QB were leadership, and arm strength. Rosen is questionable in both areas. And he doesn't run any better than Aikman, nor is he as strong.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Rosen was good this might be a good question.

Exactly. I think he has an NFL arm but is a terrible teammate with bad intangibles. If Arizona traded him after 1 year it will speak volumes. Every now and again guys come along with great arms that are complete idiots. Coach killer types. Jeff George and Jay Cutler are 2 examples. They looked great slinging the ball around but other than that they were zeros. Rosen might be that type. Big time pass from me.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Now before everybody losses their mind, consider: Cardinals are rumored to be going after Murray. That probably leaves Rosen as expendable. Opinions on what it costs to get Rosen are all over the place. I think it's reasonable to think that you might be able to get him for a 3rd Rd pick.

Now a 3rd Rd pick is valuable for sure but lets say they would trade him for a 3rd, would you do this? While Rosen was with the Cards, their Offense was horrible and their OL was worse. Certainly not all of it was on Rosen but some of it was. He needs to be developed but lets say you traded for him. What you get is a kid with a lot of natural ability to throw the ball. Rosen has talent, there is no question about that. The real question is, does he have the rest of it? I don't think anybody can really know for sure what Rosen is, in that Cardinal Offense. Just too many holes and not enough talent around him. However, if you could trade for him, he immediately becomes the best backup option the Cowboys have on the team and who knows how good he might be behind our OL and with our skilled players? At the very least, he becomes a guy who can be a solid backup IMO. But more then that, he provides more leverage in negotiations with Dak. If the Cowboys go out and get Rosen, they immediately have an option at QB if Dak is unwilling to sign a reasonable deal or decides to hold out. It gives the Cowboys an option and gives them a year to let him learn the Offense. The Cowboys would not be in a position where they have to accept any terms Dak's agent gives them. Could very well drive a lower cost associated with Dak in negotiations. If he ends up being your starter, you have 4 years of a Rookie deal which allows you to use that cap to strengthen the team around a Rosen, if it comes to that. There are a lot of positives I can see to a trade for Rosen, assuming you don't have to spend a lot to get him. He might not be a bad option for the Cowboys to consider. He serves a purpose on the team. He provides a lot of flexibility if he has to become the starter. He gives you a very manageable cap number for another 4 years, he has starting experience and he can provide leverage in any Dak negotiation. He might be worth a 3rd round pick if he can save you from having to spend 30 million for 6 years as opposed to 25?

:omg:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The key portion of Ed Werder's comment is "depending on cost". How much would it cost to acquire a guy that was drafted #10 overall just a year ago, and is it worth the cost to get a backup and a little leverage? Are we willing to give up next year's #1 for a guy who may only be a backup? Are we willing to give up this year's #2 (and not draft until the 3rd round) and a #2 next year for a guy who may only be a backup? If we could give up a # 3 this year, or next year's #2, maybe it's worth it, but it seems unlikely the Cards would accept that for a guy only one year removed from being the #10 overall pick.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Let's be practical about this -- the Dallas FO isn't about to pay anywhere near what the Cardinals would be likely to demand in a deal for Rosen. The problem isn't really about developing White; it lies within acquiring Rosen to begin with. The Cardinals gave up far too much for Rosen to allow him to exit cheaply enough for the Cowboys' FO to be willing to acquire him. They gave up their 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks to get him. It's highly unlikely they'd be willing to part with him for as cheaply as some seem to think in this thread, imho.

Honestly, I don't know what the market will be for him. The idea of a 3rd, is not mine. It's the price that various articles believe the Cards can get for him, based on discussion with others. If that is accurate, then it doesn't matter what the Cards ask for, it only matters what teams are willing to pay. That is why I said "lets say a 3rd".

What the Cardinals gave up and what they can get back might be two very different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.