Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Cobb

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
agree. BUT listen, those younger dudes tend to not be real trustworthy securing the ball on the punt returns. That's why we had Beasly doing it. Not the fastest,but sure handed. Same with Cobb.

Hmm, valid point, and Cobb would be good about being sure handed. Also, now that I think about it, Lewis did nearly cost us dearly against Philly early in the home game last year, didn't he? Hmm, yes, in that case, Cobb would be better there.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
1 year
5 million

If $5 million more would have sweetened the pot to land a player at a position where there's a greater need, I won't care for that. I like the addition otherwise because it creates more competition for depth at the No. 3 spot.

starfan1

Reaction score
Why are we only going for players in this price range? that's the issue.
Anyone who thinks he’s going to get more targets than Gallup and Cooper is misguided not saying that’s you. so at WR #3 that is the appropriate price range he’s not going to be the go to guy and he’s a bigger speed threat when healthy than Beasley

I think he can create more space imo. I like this signing actually it gives us some flexibility in whether or not we have to rely on hurns and who we draft

I still hope we pick up a WR but it’s not a must have early with our other needs jmo

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
good signing, short term, young player, upgrade over Beasley, better run after catch, only issue, hamstring issues.....one year show me deal!

I want one person to show me how he’s an upgrade besides money. Can you? He’s not speedy anymore

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was happy to see alert on my phone that we signed Cobb. Came here to find out why I shouldn’t be.

CZ didn’t let me down.

Oh come along, I think this will be a fine signing. Cobb isn't flashy, but we don't need him to be flashy. Quite honestly, I'm glad that Jerry has learned to stay away from flashy. Remember when that used to be a thing for him? Had to have the flashy player. Not anymore. We're being smart, and I like it actually. Garrett should be able to turn this roster into quite a formidable Super Bowl challenger. Yes! I said it. This is a team with Super Bowl potential IF our coaches can sort it out properly and with a decent draft to solve our safety and DT issues.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There you have it. The Godfather's blessing.

Cobb has been a really good player and he's a QB's best friend. Working the short intermediate area but still capable to make a play down the field on occasion. You want to throw to a guy like him on 3rd down.

I don't even know the contract details yet and I like it. It completes the WR corp for this year. Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Wilson, Brown.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Alexander...dude, why am I blocked? lol...wow.I tried to post a reply and a like. Very bizarre.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Cobb has been a really good player and he's a QB's best friend. Working the short intermediate area but still capable to make a play down the field on occasion. You want to throw to a guy like him on 3rd down.

I don't even know the contract details yet and I like it. It completes the WR corp for this year. Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Wilson, Brown.

1 year, 5 million.

It was an awesome signing. I don’t understand people complaint.

Randall Cobb as your #3 receiver? That’s butter.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Oh come along, I think this will be a fine signing. Cobb isn't flashy, but we don't need him to be flashy. Quite honestly, I'm glad that Jerry has learned to stay away from flashy. Remember when that used to be a thing for him? Had to have the flashy player. Not anymore. We're being smart, and I like it actually. Garrett should be able to turn this roster into quite a formidable Super Bowl challenger. Yes! I said it. This is a team with Super Bowl potential IF our coaches can sort it out properly and with a decent draft to solve our safety and DT issues.
You got me wrong. I like the pick up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yes, and I have a feeling that we're not quite finished with WR. Very easy to get late in the draft or as a FA, so I think we'll probably end up stashing a player or two there. I also think that Lenoir is finished here finally.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You got me wrong. I like the pick up.

Oh, jolly good. I thought you were a bit upset about the pickup after reading here. I really like this signing, especially with the contract. Brilliant job by our FO! Really catching on, aren't they, the front office?

aria

Reaction score
Meh. As I’ve said, if Cobb went to another team he would suck but if he signs with us he’s a great addition and Jerry and Stephen are geniuses :rolleyes:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MatthewJames is notorious on this site for spewing garbage. He knows absolutely nothing about Cobb. He barely even watches Cowboy games so I wouldn't trust his judgement on a player he's never seen play before. He's probably relying on the opinion of someone on a Packers message board.

We need a list of posters that people should be aware of their nonsensical posting history...
:hammer:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well put. He's perfect for Dak. We now have 2 very good security blankets for Dak in the passing game. Cobb is someone that can really help Dak in a pickle. Want the chains to carry on moving? Then Cobb is what you want. My mindset is that, if he is healthy this season, he probably gets extended for another season or two.

fansince68

Reaction score
We got our corn on the "cobb" now we need a "Berry" to almost complete the meal.

Or should I say :popcorn: on the Cobb..

Reactions: CWR