Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Cobb

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fair enough. But we're not asking Cobb to come in here and be an offensive savior. He's option 4 in the passing game after Cooper, Gallup, and Witten.

Exactly right. He's merely replacing Beasley, though, he probably could spell on the outside if needed. So my thinking is that I'd like to see him, Cooper, and Gallup rotate on the lineup a bit. It'd be interesting to see how difficult to predict we would become. I think it'd be good fun to experiment with in preseason.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Pretty much seals Allen Hurns’s fate. Cutting him saves $5 million, though I don’t expect it to happen soon. My guess is they keep Hurns through camp as injury insurance, since his salary doesn’t guarantee until the 1st game.

Not sure about that. Hurns still gives you a reliable backup at each WR spot and coaching staff loves him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
When I say it does.

You're welcome, everybody.
DentalUnitedClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
good signing, short term, young player, upgrade over Beasley, better run after catch, only issue, hamstring issues.....one year show me deal!

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
You mean, Aaron Rodgers, who has been known throughout his career to spread the ball around - was not seeing Randall Cobb getting open?

Aaron Rodgers last year was not like Aaron Rodgers of previous years.

He was overly cautious with the football. He did not play well

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cobb wasn't getting open last season. After his 142 yard game, he had two games over 40 yards.
and *** else do you expect for a 3-5th option., Beasly was NOT lighting it up EVERY GAME.. its how it works when you arent a 1 or 2 option.. we have that covered..clueless..jeez the guy is a 3rd or 4th option offers depth if Hurns gets cut or cant make it back..

chances are not a lot pof targets after Amari, Gallup, Witten, and JRWIN TO GO TO brown, Wilson, Hurns, OR Cobb..it will be a game to game whos hot and who happens tpo eb able to beat the guy in front of them THAT game..if Beasly was such a big loss why did we need Amari.. he wasn't soing squat as a primary target..so that wont be expected of Cobb either but payer with potential tpo have that big game here or there is all we can expect..even hurns didnt do whole lot but those few games late he was coming on even the game he had the injury he was playing well..

now ill agree it was odd to give Hurns his bonus and keep him given the injury and nmoney plus adding Cobb..maybe premature signing Hurns

Little Jr

Reaction score
It's funny when people talk out of their butts.

Cobb had a better separation # than:

Thielen
Cooper
Kelce
Beasley
Baldwin
M. Thomas
Diggs
Cooks
Allen
Gronk
Brown
Hopkins
Jeffery
Julio
Hilton
Evans
Green
A. Robinson

This obviously isnt saying he's better than all of them, just that you have no idea whether he can get separation or not.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation
Matt will change his narrative now or just tell you this doesnt mean anything

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm up all night to get lucky...
I'm up all night to get lucky...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers last year was not like Aaron Rodgers of previous years.

He was overly cautious with the football. He did not play well

Aaron Rodgers has always been cautious with the football. His problem wasn't that he couldn't throw or see, his problem was the lack of mobility due to his week one injury.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is good. I know he's not perfect, but he can help the team win. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Cowboys uniform.

Man, Wikipedia is fast. It's already updated to show Cobb is a Dallas Cowboy. Remember the days of reading hopelessly out of date World Book Encyclopedias?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't see anything to dislike about this move....

Seriously????

I bet I can name 10 guys you could get on day 3 of the draft that would have given you the same production....

Here we go...

1. Mecole Hardman WR/KR Georgia
2. Stanley Morgan Jr Nebraska
3. Emanuel Hall WR Missouri
4. Dredrick Snelson WR UCF
5. Jovon Durante WR Florida Atlantic
6. Greg Dortch WR/KR Wake Forest
7. Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio St.
8. Tyron Johnson WR Oklahoma St.
9. Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson
10. Terry Godwin WR/KR Georgia