Practice Squad Cowboys sign Dalvin Cook

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't get why some of you are down on this signing... its low risk high reward. Great for :starspin: :starspin:
They want more. They want an actual top RB who isn't on the decline. Of course, that's not what we're going to get, so I'd rather the Cowboys try a bunch of these types than just stick with what they've got. Older players who have started having injuries don't generally pan out, but occasionally one drinks from the fountain of youth briefly.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For real. Like I said in another post, I doubted McFadden and he showed out greatly for us after 3 consecutive years of meh. You never know.
I expected him to fail miserably coming off three seasons under 3.5 per carry in Oakland (while struggling with injuries). That he averaged 4.6 his first year here despite the fact that we had no passing game because of Romo's injury is quite remarkable.

Not expecting that from either Elliott or Cook, but you can never say never.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So during FA, most everyone was wanting to sign Dalvin Cook. Now that he is signed, it is an issue?
I’m not everyone lol. I was under the impression the consensus on this site wanted Henry. I wanted him or Barkley. Would’ve taken Jacob’s, or Mixon or Jones. When it became clear we didn’t want to go that path I was fine with drafting someone. I have no issue with signing him but he is not who I had in mind.