Practice Squad Cowboys sign Dalvin Cook

CCBoy

Reaction score
Mods mods did I really get this first, oh my gosh the CROWNING achievement of my 40 years of life!!!! :facepalm: I make @Risen Star look like a stepchild!! lol jk
Oh, for sure, you crying crew are right...Halas shouldn't have sold his morales down stream and the Dallas Cowboys should never have sold a team in the NFL to Murchison. It wasn't even the 'old money.' They should have been like the KC team and had to just gamble with the AFC.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Our two marquee signings were a couple of declining RBs. However, in late August you’re not going to do much better than Dalvin Cook.
Not without offering some team a premium for some backup. And we don't do premium, just unleaded.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I keep hearing from the YouTube community that Dowdle and Deuce are better than Cooks and Elliot. I guess we will find out.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I personally think last year was a fluke combo of not being 100% and playing for a garbage team. He was a 4.4 ypc guy in 22. I think this has a good chance at being a big pickup

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dalvin Cook has really fallen off the past couple of years being relegated to the practice squad. I guess it will come down to how well Deuce performs as to when we might see Cook. Deuce is going to have to make some plays in the running game this season.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Joke all you want, but they are our, thunder and lightning! Tell me you aren't rooting for them?
"Blunder and Frightening" ... autocorrect

giphy.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if this was a Cook for Zeke swap out.
I think they are just looking for a combination that works out of all the backs we've got. Both Elliott and Cook could be cooked and Dowdle and Vaughn have only seen limited carries and might not can handle or be worth more than that.

I don't think there's any reason to cut any of them yet. Give it a few games and let it sort itself out. That may ultimately be that we have no back worth starting, but that's what many of us were expecting anyway with this cheap plan the Joneses are using for the position.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
So, it's Dak to Ceedee to the 5 then punch it in with either Zeke or Cooks.
We know what Zeke can do on Pass pro. With Cooks being a big back, I assume he can do the same.
Just strange to have 2 older backs who do the same thing and are not gonna run away from anybody.
Will be interesting how long he stays on the practice squad, may be longer than he realizes.