Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign DE Kerry Hyder

conner01

Reaction score
Hyder is not a star but Rod Marinelli and Kris Richard are going to love his motor. A nice option when Tank needs a rest.
I think it’s a good signing
We all want super stars but this kid is still young and if he could duplicate 2016 he can help this team

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think it’s a good signing
We all want super stars but this kid is still young and if he could duplicate 2016 he can help this team
His signing screams Marinelli.

Just goes to show you how much the front office pays attention to his preferred ideology of taking moderate talent and coaching it up.

The sad part of all of that is overachieving is not always sustainable.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
But the homers will love it no matter what.
:thumbup:

In-between "absolute homer" and "constantly negative" is a realm of good taste begging your acquaintance.

I like the move, I dont think it solves our DL problems but it certainly doesn't hurt.

It's like you people are incapable of separating concepts. Every DL acquisition is not an automatic failure just because we didn't get some other guy you wanted that was top 5 in some list you read. Whether you go get a star or not we still need to churn our roster with moves like this one.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There are better DEs out there to sign, so it seems really odd that we would sign a guy with a history of an Achilles tear to a long term contract. Started reading about Hyder, then came across this:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/li...-kerry-hyder-following-his-achilles-tear/amp/

This signing underwhelms me.

Ellis had his best season ever after his torn Achilles.

Jerry built his own sports medicine center, I believe putting the guy who did Jaylon's knee in charge. There's nowhere in the league Hyder has a better chance. And that's why he's here.

I haven't seen the price yet, but I like 3 years. We own the upside.

Beaker42

Reaction score
In-between "absolute homer" and "constantly negative" is a realm of good taste begging your acquaintance.

I like the move, I dont think it solves our DL problems but it certainly doesn't hurt.

It's like you people are incapable of separating concepts. Every DL acquisition is not an automatic failure just because we didn't get some other guy you wanted that was top 5 in some list you read. Whether you go get a star or not we still need to churn our roster with moves like this one.
Garbage in, garbage out. It’s a process.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With you as the judge. Not the first guy to think so, surely not the last. Tell us how to feel.

Thanks for telling everyone how they should feel. Unsolicited.

It's like you people are incapable of separating concepts.

tenor.gif

Every DL acquisition is not an automatic failure just because we didn't get some other guy you wanted that was top 5 in some list you read. Whether you go get a star or not we still need to churn our roster with moves like this one.

Tell us more.

Publish that "Official Fan Handbook" you've clearly been dying to write.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Garbage in, garbage out. It’s a process.

Yep. Garbage in and out. Churning the roster. Like every team does.

Lots of misplaced anger here at those guys we do sign because of the couple stars we don't. I dont think SJ expects this guy to turn the line into something special, he expects to be kicking the tires on a rotational depth piece at best.

But yall are still hung up on your FA pet cats, so you whine about how this guy isn't a star, even though nobody said he was.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
People gonna whine about signing guys to compete for spot now?
It’s the same ones. They whine when we don’t do anything and whine when we do something. It wouldn’t matter at all who the player is in any case.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
With you as the judge. Not the first guy to think so, surely not the last. Tell us how to feel.

Thanks for telling everyone how they should feel. Unsolicited.

tenor.gif

Tell us more.

Publish that "Official Fan Handbook" you've clearly been dying to write.

1) Guy hears me not being 100% negative and insinuates I'm some dumb homer. I point out a middle ground exists and I'm the one telling people how to feel?

2) your 2nd quote block seems to be in error, I clearly and simply stated my opinion: "I like the move [because]..."

3) here you're just throwing your 3rd straight strawman, this time about race and skin color, no less.

4) Again just a straw man. "Official fan handbook". Nice, just incendiary and patronizing enough to ensure anyone only skimming will automatically side with you. Well done, master trolling.

Cowboys Zone culture on full display. Its black or white, and if you refuse to pick a side, you'll just get yelled at.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
It’s the same ones. They whine when we don’t do anything and whine when we do something. It wouldn’t matter at all who the player is in any case.

Precisely. Half these people whine no matter which roster spot/position group/signing/cut/trade is being discussed.

I'm halfly convinced that the most vocal ones are just fans from other teams with nothing better to do than repeat negativity and laugh as our forum devolves further.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Garbage in and out. Churning the roster. Like every team does.

Lots of misplaced anger here at those guys we do sign because of the couple stars we don't. I dont think SJ expects this guy to turn the line into something special, he expects to be kicking the tires on a rotational depth piece at best.

But yall are still hung up on your FA pet cats, so you whine about how this guy isn't a star, even though nobody said he was.

It’s a race to the bottom every offseason for the prize of Most Butthurt. Shockingly, it’s usually a dozen-poster-photo-finish, but god forbid you acknowledge all the whining isn’t really necessary. They’re grown adults! How dare you tell them what to think!

This is another young, well-regarded rotational player on his current team. Again, he seems like he was well liked as a high potential with their fans. Not that fans know anything, but it’s more fun than the alternative.

For a team that needs rotational DLs badly, it’s hard to complain. Not that I’m telling anybody not to complain as much as they want for no real reason whatsoever.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) Guy hears me not being 100% negative and insinuates I'm some dumb homer. I point out a middle ground exists and I'm the one telling people how to feel?
That's EXACTLY what you're trying to do, whether you realize it or not. Like I said, not the first nor the last ignorant person who thinks THEY know just the right attitude everyone else should have. Congratulations.

2) your 2nd quote block seems to be in error, I clearly and simply stated my opinion: "I like the move [because]..."

In between breaths where you're TELLING everyone who doesn't how WRONG you think they are. Again, you're not the first, not the last.

3) here you're just throwing your 3rd straight strawman, this time about race and skin color, no less.

Far from it. I'm making fun of you, your poor choice of words, and your ignorance.

4) Again just a straw man. "Official fan handbook". Nice, just incendiary and patronizing enough to ensure anyone only skimming will automatically side with you. Well done, master trolling.

Sorry if the truth hurts. One more time, you're not the first person to be so ignorant as to try to tell others the proper way to feel, and you won't be the last. Consider this a learning opportunity.

Cowboys Zone culture on full display. Its black or white, and if you refuse to pick a side, you'll just get yelled at.

Ignorance on full display. You want to tell others how to react, and then get offended when it's pointed out to you. What irony.