Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign DL Brent Urban

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Someone tell me what to think about this before I decide whether to complain or be excited or worse, look it up myself

Decent player. We still need to draft at least 1 DT (preferably 2) as he's more of a 3T, but he's a decent player. He gave us problems when we played Chicago in 2019. I remember hearing his name on the stadium PA quite often.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Take that, haters!!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I do remember that game. If I'm not mistaken he showed up a lot that game.

He did! I was at that game, and his name was frequently said on the PA system. Chicago's defence is solid, and he was an anchor on that dline when we played them. He gave Zeke a lot of problems when we'd try to run it on them. He (along with Jason Garrett) was part of why we ended up passing a lot more than we should've against that Bears D. This is an excellent signing by our FO. Well done Jerry to get this player!

Aven8

Reaction score
It's almost comical that this is what we get when the Cowboys had literally some of the worst DT play in the league last year.

I can't wait until they throw a 3rd round comp pick at DT and claim they "fixed" their issues.

Stephen is actually very good at doing that. Thinking we are “good” at a position group.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
wonder how many of these great free agents will make the team all season long

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Urban is a notch above the usual jag. 85+ grade against the run and plenty experience in solid systems like Chicago and Baltimore

This is a plus signing for the defense.
Man....listen...I get it. I said JAG.....probably used the term too loosely.

But what he did on a much better Bears defense doesn't mean it will translate here. If he's playing around good defensive players it will make his score look a lot better than he would here.

But like I said above....I have no issue with these signings if there's better to come.

But is this like improving your offensive line by signing Nate Livings and Mackenzie Bernadeau? If so, its a fail. We will see.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who knew all we had to do was add two roster fillers and a rookie?

Feeling good is all relative.

I don’t expect the DL to be fixed in one off season. To be honest.

I would feel good if they actually took the DT position seriously for once by investing a first rounder in it though. As opposed to second round reaches and thirds.

I know the cowboys DL isn’t going to be elite this season already.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If the cowboys can move back up into the late first and get Christian Barmore. I would actually feel good about the DL again.

Same here, especially if we can also get Shelvin as well in round 3 or 4. We'd have an excellent dline if we do that. I really like this signing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feeling good is all relative.

I don’t expect the DL to be fixed in one off season. To be honest. I would feel good if they actually took the DT position seriously for once by investing a first rounder in it though. As opposed to second round reaches and thirds.

Wait. I'm sorry. You feel good about QB too. Carry on.