Cowboys sign Fabini...3-yr, 6m deal

31hammer

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Not to be a wet blanket....but this is NOT on ESPN.com ANYWHERE. If this is a rumor, I've had about all I can take of those. Post a link please.

It's on ESPN News ticker

texastwister

Reaction score
Ithought it was a rumor also because no link on ESPN but Teague31 posted it a few posts back. It is legit. The facut has been left on because now we cant stop signing players.:bow:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent!

Good starter at right tackle and can play left if Adams were to get hurt.

Feeling a lot better about this offseason!

:toast2:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
like i said yesterday he's a good signing, old but he can tutor whoever we draft at RT for a year or two until that player is ready. Wish Petiti would get cut but they should wait til after the draft

texastwister

Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Sure is a lot getting done for nobody being at the Ranch.

I asked that question before with the new TE. Why would he come to visit with noone at the Ranch?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Someone take a memo.....

Send everyone on Vacation at VR for the start of FA in 07

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm very happy. Fabini might not be a world beater, but he's not a turnstyle either. At least it shows that the Cowboys identified the problem and pragmatically went to solve it instead of using wishfull thinking, like they have in the past with Pete Hunter and Torrin Tucker.

One less position in the draft to have to reach for.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I'm very happy. Fabini might not be a world beater, but he's not a turnstyle either. At least it shows that the Cowboys identified the problem and pragmatically went to solve it instead of using wishfull thinking, like they have in the past with Pete Hunter and Torrin Tucker.

One less position in the draft to have to reach for.

I agree, at least they are adding bodies and competition along the Oline. This is a good signing.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
He's a "Parcells guy", and Parcells usually gets the most out of his "guys".

If for no other reason, thats why its a good signing.

Eskimo

Reaction score
We have basically had a turnstyle at RT for several years now - Soloman Page, Torrin Tucker, Vollers, Pettiti, Ryan Young.

Fabini isn't great but hopefully he can be a solid starter who doesn't need constant help with double teams on every passing down.

I still think a trade-down into the second round for extra picks is not a bad option given the depth and lack of mid-range talent in this draft. That way we can hopefully attempt to rebuild the depth of the OL in the middle rounds of the draft. These geezers aren't going to play forever.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Two signings today?! Oh, so FA DIDN'T end last Sunday & our whole 2006 season went into the dumper while Bill & Jerruh were on vacation? :rolleyes:

PrimeTime#21

Reaction score
I like the signing we should have a good line this year. Now we have to go get Vinitari. The T-end we signed from Seattle is a great blocker too. Go Boys