Cowboys sign Fabini...3-yr, 6m deal

Eskimo

Reaction score
HeHateMe said:
He's a "Parcells guy", and Parcells usually gets the most out of his "guys".

If for no other reason, thats why its a good signing.

Hopefully he doesn't travel the path blazed by Ryan Young.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Patriots fans are mad. They wanted Fabini, and this morning, the reports were that he was deciding between the Patriots, Bills and Buccaneers. If ESPN is correct, we snuck in and got him.

Eskimo

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
He played well the first season he was here

I recall him missing several games and being quite ineffective in the latter half of the season. His knee was pretty much toast.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Eskimo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Petiti beats him out for the starting job. But this time, if Petiti falters, you have options.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Solid signing. Even if he doesn't start, he is valuable depth and vet leadership.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If Gurode steals the starting C spot away from Al Johnson, 4 of the 5 OL starters Week 1 2006 will be different than what we started in Week 16 of 2005. And the blocking TE to boot. Whether they're upgrades or not remains to be seen, but the area has been addressed.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Eskimo said:

Exactly why I used the word "usually".

However, in Young's defense (and Parcells) he came here injured and never regained the form he had in Houston, let alone New York.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
He can play either side, this is another terrific signing! Adressed the biggest need! LOVE IT! THE DOMINOES ARE FALLING!

neosapien23

Reaction score
I feel much better about our Oline now. I hope we can draft a real LT like Jon Scott in round two to take over for Adams in a few years. Pettitti will be a great starter at RT in a year or two as well.

Eskimo

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Petiti beats him out for the starting job. But this time, if Petiti falters, you have options.

Pettiti would have to have improved light years in the offseason to beat out Fabini - and I am not saying that because I think Fabini is great. Maybe if he is dedicated he will be an adequate backup. I don't think RobP is starter material in the NFL but I would love to be proven wrong.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
We have basically had a turnstyle at RT for several years now - Soloman Page, Torrin Tucker, Vollers, Pettiti, Ryan Young.

Fabini isn't great but hopefully he can be a solid starter who doesn't need constant help with double teams on every passing down.

I still think a trade-down into the second round for extra picks is not a bad option given the depth and lack of mid-range talent in this draft. That way we can hopefully attempt to rebuild the depth of the OL in the middle rounds of the draft. These geezers aren't going to play forever.

I actually didnt think Page was that bad.

Eskimo

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I feel much better about our Oline now. I hope we can draft a real LT like Jon Scott in round two to take over for Adams in a few years. Pettitti will be a great starter at RT in a year or two as well.

I would be surprised if we don't take an OL by the end of the second round.

Eskimo

Reaction score
HeHateMe said:
I actually didnt think Page was that bad.

I think it depended on his attitude which eroded towards the end of his stay here. He certainly had all the tools to be a very good OT.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I think it depended on his attitude which eroded towards the end of his stay here. He certainly had all the tools to be a very good OT.

I think once Hudson Houck left, it was the end of Page.

Or did Page leave first?

I forget.

Either way, he had loads of potential and flashed it occassionly.

Thats what frustrated me the most.