Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Joe Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Worth "up to $4.6M", which means he has a low base salary, and a bunch of incentives that will increase his pay if he unexpectedly wins a starting job.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Am I seeing a trend? Two players that were once here, Thomas and Olawale, resurfacing. Who was on our PS as an O-lineman that went somewhere else to fame and has been recently released? That's our next G or T. hmmmm. Did I say fame? I meant JAG fame
Yeah were trying to act like the were the Patriots and that we have system guys that we can get a lot out of but are worthless to other teams.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

The Cowboys have made their first foray into free agency, agreeing to a two-year deal with linebacker Joe Thomas, who visited the team Wednesday, according to a source. Thomas spent part of the 2015 season on the Cowboys' practice squad. He spent the last three seasons with the Green Bay Packers, starting eight games while playing mostly in the sub packages and on special teams. He had 14 tackles, a half sack and a pass deflection in 2017. His best year came in 2016 when he started seven games and had 77 tackles

Well at least we know somebody was impressed with CeCe's and Golden Corral. Way to go Jones family!

cowboyec

Reaction score
Am I seeing a trend? Two players that were once here, Thomas and Olawale, resurfacing. Who was on our PS as an O-lineman that went somewhere else to fame and has been recently released? That's our next G or T. hmmmm. Did I say fame? I meant JAG fame
did the Broncos release Ron Leary?

Ddisco22

Reaction score

The Cowboys have made their first foray into free agency, agreeing to a two-year deal with linebacker Joe Thomas, who visited the team Wednesday, according to a source. Thomas spent part of the 2015 season on the Cowboys' practice squad. He spent the last three seasons with the Green Bay Packers, starting eight games while playing mostly in the sub packages and on special teams. He had 14 tackles, a half sack and a pass deflection in 2017. His best year came in 2016 when he started seven games and had 77 tackles

yay! finally cowboys make a move, oh yeah, we signed a guy from practice squad.
superbowl bound..lol

No, I'm not bashing the player, just funny how this is setup like a big announcement

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Im asking.....did they?
he was in the news but I cant recall if it was for a pay cut or release.

Oh, I thought you were following along with the line of players that were here, left and now are back (Olawle and Thomas). all I see is they put him on injured reserve late in the season because of a back injury. That along with degenerative knees isn't a good thing for Leary. Liked him here, a lot. Class, gave 100% even when the Cowboys didn't extend him. Still glad we don't have to deal with a back and knee problems.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Cross LB off from round 1. We are good to go

Yeeeeee hawwwww

yeee-haw.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
30 for 30. What if I told you, how Joe Thomas was the missing piece

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From Green Bay board: http://packerchatters.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=nmg33mnfc9p8pk2p19s0b6lrh1&topic=7215.0

Interesting. Not offering Joe Thomas a mimimum tender may hint that he doesn't fit into the new defense also
Pepper and Thomas are no big surprise. Thomas hung around as long as he did because they were that bad at ILB.
Love this comment---we got ourselves a prize:

Thomas hung around as long as he did because they were that bad at ILB.

Seems like they were more concerned or puzzled they did not tender DB Herb Waters (who they have re-signed).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If his contract is structured anything like Mayowa's, he gets a low base and sizable signing bonus this year then hits of approximately a $1M-1.5M or so the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.