Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is great. I had friends texting me "Wow Dallas signed Dalton" like I was supposed to be upset about it. I love it. Great depth at the position now and if Dak wants to throw a tantrum this season we have a viable plan B. Dalton may not be amazing but he can sling the ball around. I always enjoyed watching his connection with AJ Green.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Predictable reply. Knew you would reply with that. Give Dak Julio Jones or Megatron and he too would've been a "vast improvement" over what those teams had as starter. But please tell me how those guys have such a big arm and they can throw a "pretty spiral".

The only thing predictable is the amount of excuses you and others will come up with to defend Dak. He has more excuses for him than any other player i have ever seen, but he deserves 35m+ per season lol. If you really want to debate the talent level of Ryan or Stafford with Dak lets do it other than that please stop with the excuses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only thing predictable is the amount of excuses you and others will come up with to defend Dak. He has more excuses for him than any other player i have ever seen, but he deserves 35m+ per season lol. If you really want to debate the talent level of Ryan or Stafford with Dak lets do it other than that please stop with the excuses.
Yet, you replied to a post that didn't have ONE excuse in it. But go ahead and tell me about all these excuses people have for Dak.

ex·cuse

verb
3rd person present: excuses
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet, you replied to a post that didn't have ONE excuse in it. But go ahead and tell me about all these excuses people have for Dak.

ex·cuse

verb
3rd person present: excuses
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

So i will take that response as a guy who is afraid to compare his QB to those 2 guys. Your good at misdirection alot around here will fall for it but i will not. I will be waiting anytime you want to do the comparison

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Simple question.

Who throws a better ball on time?

Dalton or Dak?
Wish we could have a QB competition like the Dak vs David Carr one we all saw, just replace Carr with Dalton. That would open some eyes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So i will take that response as a guy who is afraid to compare his QB to those 2 guys. Your good at misdirection alot around here will fall for it but i will not. I will be waiting anytime you want to do the comparison
I have no problem doing it. But I need you to admit the truth or at least show me where I made a "excuse" for Dak. If you can't admit something as simple as that what we are even doing here?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whats the guaranteed $$ and incentives?
last rumor 105 guaranteed 33 per year 5 years..if he doesnt like it well he can stay on FT and next year we can find trades..now if somehow Dak plays the best he ever has, um no not stats, but takes the ball last drive and wins games that is because of his play and ate in the year win against the best teams to show he can carry this team when others are not playing well around him, then the DC FO will have to back up the truck..he did none of that last year..

hes asking for money that qbs who do that make..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
last rumor 105 guaranteed 33 per year 5 years..if he doesnt like it well he can stay on FT and next year we can find trades..now if somehow Dak plays the best he ever has, um no not stats, but takes the ball last drive and wins games that is because of his play and ate in the year win against the best teams to show he can carry this team when others are not playing well around him, then the DC FO will have to back up the truck..he did none of that last year..

hes asking for money that qbs who do that make..
So he should take less than wentz and goff who hes individually outperformed?

Cmac

Reaction score
Where did I say one man show?
You didn't.....but I promise you that is and will be the theme about the Andy Dalton justifications and overlooking/dismissing just HIS play with Cincy. Trust me.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The argument is for or against paying Dak and I for one, based on what I have seen in 4 years of Dak is to say move on from him.

That’s great.

I think the cowboys are going to keep Dak regardless of what your or anyone else’s opinion is. I also think wanting to move on from Dak when your only alternative is Andy Dalton would be foolish. To be honest.

I said before the draft that If the cowboys wanna draft a first round QB. Ok. I wouldn’t hate it. Though it’s risky I wouldn’t hate it.

I also said the last thing I would want is for them to move on from Dak AND go with a mid level, journeyman type. Which is what Andy Dalton is. A mid level just “ok” QB.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I have no problem doing it. But I need you to admit the truth or at least show me where I made a "excuse" for Dak. If you can't admit something as simple as that what we are even doing here?

I only got to go back a few posts where you tried to say the reason Marvin Lewis was a better HC than JG was because he had Dalton and Palmer as his QB's, the underlying insinuation was Dak would be a better QB with Lewis as his coach instead of JG, in other words JG is an excuse for Dak not doing well, or the post at the top of this page where you say "give Dak Julio or Megatron and he would be vastly improved" Well how about we give Ryan or Stafford Zeke and see how well they do because there is a bigger difference in RB talent on those teams for those QB's than there has been in reciever talent between their teams and ours

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems obvious to me that the Dallas FO still wants to resolve their contract problem with Dak. A big part of the issue is that Dak is solely being guided by his agent, which comes by way of his own admission. Dak might be better off if he thought more independently than what his hard ball playing agent would prefer. Jerry and Stephen have both stated that the hiring of Dalton isn't aimed at Andy replacing Dak. Other than that, however, what's left is the backup strength that must be the alternative plan, which is so, simply by way of elimination.

Contract bargaining must be done in good faith that both sides desire a mutual benefit to be the end result. Compromise is the element that must always be followed for any mutual agreement to happen. Those who have seen contract negotiating taking place will vouch for that. I'm hoping they come to that point very soon. Otherwise, a mutual agreement isn't likely to result soon enough. Hopefully, they'll be more diligent to act in a positive way before it's too late for both sides to settle this stubborn fiasco. Cooler and more positive thinking must prevail in the days ahead. Let's hope it will.

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
Andy is a great backup, insurance move for the 'Boys. Dismissing Dak would be a very bad move, and eventually a big letdown for the Andy Club.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There just about "Road Kill" here these Dak employees.
Everything they have sold has been a facade and total fairy tale material as one might say.
I'm curious will they follow Dak to the bench or to his new team's bench like Winston?:huh: