Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Both Wentz and Goff has had parts in getting teams to Super Bowls. Dak has not even come close to doing that. Dak does not make the players around him better. Those players have to do things that makes Dak look better than he is. The WRs have to make incredible catches for Dak due to the passes being thrown too high, too low, too far behind them or too far in front of them. Dak is constantly bailed out by teammates. How many teammates does Dak make better. I can’t think of a single one. You fans gives Dak credit for the actions of his teammates and he doesn’t deserve it.
Sbs are team victories. Guess how i know that. Wentz didnt even have to play for his TEAM to win a SB. Our defense has been below average while their defenses both those years were top 10. Daks wrs lead the league in drops last year. Theres not a single fact here. Stop being emotional about a man.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't my insinuation. Its what I said. You are just wrong in when I said it. I brought that up in comparison to JG and Marvin Lewis as head coaches. I could've also brought up the fact that Lewis always had reputable defenses too but wasn't even worth bringing up.

Ok lets go back and look shall we. I said
"Actually my ceiling is much higher for Dalton i was just saying he can easily do what Dak has done with the team and for much less money"
You replied in post 896
"Well he should definitely surpass 8 wins with Garrett not here."
insinuating that JG was holding back the team and was the reason we only one 8 games...fair assumption wouldn't you say?
I replied
"Well if he could win 9-10 and 11 games in a season with Marvin lewis as his coach than i guess he could do it even if JG was still here"
I was insinuating that Marvin Lewis was not a very good coach and if he could do with him than he could do it even with JG
You replied in post 923
"Huh? Marvin Lewis wasn't nearly as bad as JG. He was making playoffs before Dalton even went to TCU"
again the insinuation is that Lewis was a good coach JG was not...follow this and you are saying JG held back the team and Dak
I Replied
"Yup his career 132-121 win loss rrecord (518 win percentage) and 0-7 in the playoffs screams exceptional head coach LOL. At least JG 85-67 win loss record ( 559 win percentage) was 2-3 in the playoffs as a head coach"
Showing that JG did indeed have a better coaching record than Marvin lewis;
You replied in post 943
"Well what do you expect? He had Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer as franchise quarterbacks. At least Garrett had Romo and Dak."

So what you are saying is that if Dak had a better coach he would be having better success..am i missing somthing because by saying that you are making an excuse for Dak.

I'll await your reply

blueblood70

Reaction score
So he should take less than wentz and goff who hes individually outperformed?
28 other qbs have, its not much less is it , hes not been to a SB both them, have regardless of team play or not as matter a fact daks the only pone who hasn't been in an NFCCG or SB of qbs making over 30mil.. what the ef makes him so specials, he wants more earn more..the market is what the owners say it is, like I said 28 qbs all making under 28? I didnt check but I bet im close I bet 20 of those under 25 10 under that.. so hows dak think hes better then the rest when hes not done any more then the rest..

that deal is in the ballpark, its very nice deal and if he doesnt want it eat trh FT choke on it and be traded next season unless by some miracle he stays healthy san get us to the promise land.. we can debate that when it happens..at this point it hasn't..hes not in the same position as those others you keep referring to..
we have now to go on and last year he led us to 8-8 regardless of who fault it was as a a team or coached , doesnt matter he himself didnt elevate his game so the team could be Wentz or NE or BUFf or NYJ , great he beat NY and wash twice lol put up 70% of his stats in those games..

btw you can argue you all you want Jerry and Stephen happen to agree with a lot of us..FT Dak let it ride Bring in Dalton and Dinucci just in case.. add a CeeDEe lamb to the mix of an already solid Offense, brought in FA DTs and a S etc etc 2 kickers to compete o on an so forth the team is there , dak either wants to be part of it or he doesnt..like Stephens last comments about wanting to pay Dak as much as possible but having resources for the rest of the team.. Dak is NOT twice as good as Tank or 2.5 times better then zeke IDC about QB market, its your worth and if 33mil 105 guranteed is an insult hes swimming in his own issues..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sbs are team victories. Guess how i know that. Wentz didnt even have to play for his TEAM to win a SB. Our defense has been below average while their defenses both those years were top 10. Daks wrs lead the league in drops last year. Theres not a single fact here. Stop being emotional about a man.

Same dude who said “no matter what he would never like Prescott”.

So even if Dak did win the Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP next year. He wouldn’t like him.

I wonder why?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I did not see Dalton signing with Dallas, I would have bet he would sign with NE. I’m a Dak fan, but this is a leverage move IMO.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
28 other qbs have, its not much less is it , hes not been to a SB both them, have regardless of team play or not as matter a fact daks the only pone who hasn't been in an NFCCG or SB of qbs making over 30mil.. what the ef makes him so specials, he wants more earn more..the market is what the owners say it is, like I said 28 qbs all making under 28? I didnt check but I bet im close I bet 20 of those under 25 10 under that.. so hows dak think hes better then the rest when hes not done any more then the rest..

that deal is in the ballpark, its very nice deal and if he doesnt want it eat trh FT choke on it and be traded next season unless by some miracle he stays healthy san get us to the promise land.. we can debate that when it happens..at this point it hasn't..hes not in the same position as those others you keep referring to..
we have now to go on and last year he led us to 8-8 regardless of who fault it was as a a team or coached , doesnt matter he himself didnt elevate his game so the team could be Wentz or NE or BUFf or NYJ , great he beat NY and wash twice lol put up 70% of his stats in those games..

btw you can argue you all you want Jerry and Stephen happen to agree with a lot of us..FT Dak let it ride Bring in Dalton and Dinucci just in case.. add a CeeDEe lamb to the mix of an already solid Offense, brought in FA DTs and a S etc etc 2 kickers to compete o on an so forth the team is there , dak either wants to be part of it or he doesnt..like Stephens last comments about wanting to pay Dak as much as possible but having resources for the rest of the team.. Dak is NOT twice as good as Tank or 2.5 times better then zeke IDC about QB market, its your worth and if 33mil 105 guranteed is an insult hes swimming in his own issues..
You sound emotional about another mans money with no stats or facts to back it up. Your personal bias is clouding your judgement. The other 28 qbs didnt get paid after them that point is null. You not knowing about markets tells me all i need to know. Go sit at the little kiddies table

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3zwno6.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CWR

Reaction score
Stop with the endorsements nonsense. That's extra work. Would you be happy having to give up your weekends to get paid what you should earn?

Y'all are literally arguing that our QB should shut up and get a side hustle to make more money.

Lol thats an excellent point. Im embarrassed it didn't occur to me, because my city has said the exact same thing about my department. A side hustle is exactly that, extra work.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok lets go back and look shall we. I said
"Actually my ceiling is much higher for Dalton i was just saying he can easily do what Dak has done with the team and for much less money"
You replied in post 896
"Well he should definitely surpass 8 wins with Garrett not here."
insinuating that JG was holding back the team and was the reason we only one 8 games...fair assumption wouldn't you say?
I replied
"Well if he could win 9-10 and 11 games in a season with Marvin lewis as his coach than i guess he could do it even if JG was still here"
I was insinuating that Marvin Lewis was not a very good coach and if he could do with him than he could do it even with JG
You replied in post 923
"Huh? Marvin Lewis wasn't nearly as bad as JG. He was making playoffs before Dalton even went to TCU"
again the insinuation is that Lewis was a good coach JG was not...follow this and you are saying JG held back the team and Dak
I Replied
"Yup his career 132-121 win loss rrecord (518 win percentage) and 0-7 in the playoffs screams exceptional head coach LOL. At least JG 85-67 win loss record ( 559 win percentage) was 2-3 in the playoffs as a head coach"
Showing that JG did indeed have a better coaching record than Marvin lewis;
You replied in post 943
"Well what do you expect? He had Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer as franchise quarterbacks. At least Garrett had Romo and Dak."

So what you are saying is that if Dak had a better coach he would be having better success..am i missing somthing because by saying that you are making an excuse for Dak.

I'll await your reply
You have my compliments for effort show in going back to find all that!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol thats an excellent point. Im embarrassed it didn't occur to me, because my city has said the exact same thing about my department. A side hustle is exactly that, extra work.

Yeah....because a soup commercial is such vast resource drain....probably takes all summer to make that happen! :confused:

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
This move may not even matter.

There's a 50% chance we don't see football until 2021 anyway.

Well wth are we supposed to do, sign off until 2021? This entire board is based on a hope and faith we have a season. Everyone is aware of the world around us by this point.

75boyz

Reaction score
Andy Dalton is a decent QB. I have never once said he wasn’t. I have also said like 5 times that I liked the signing of him as a back-up. Just not as a starter.

I have seen him have some very good games. His biggest problem is consistency. He will also have really awful stretches where he turns the ball over a ton and makes poor decisions.

But as a back-up? He is instantly one of the best back-ups in the league. I love having him as a backup.

Second sentence, second paragraph.
Huge overlooked and underappreciated word especially in relation to the position it describes. Consistency. You as the most civil of pro Dak posters can even appreciate the fact that Dak has not developed into a consistently NFL accurate throwing quarterback.
Would appreciate a rebuttal not in the form of Every QB misses passes as I know from your post history you are better than that.

Dak has too many days where he can't hit the broad side of A barn. Again I ask to spare the stat diatribe. You have seen it as have I.

The argument that the talent of the Dallas offensive line, running back and now trio of receivers could achieve even more than has been accomplished in the past present and future by someone other than who has been doing it for the last 4 years is my opinion. I respect yours as well.

Agree to disagree.
Same team.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Stop with the endorsements nonsense. That's extra work. Would you be happy having to give up your weekends to get paid what you should earn?

Y'all are literally arguing that our QB should shut up and get a side hustle to make more money.

I don't care if he does or not, but those opportunities will be there if he wants it.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah....because a soup commercial is such vast resource drain....probably takes all summer to make that happen! :confused:

It is still extra work. I admit its not the same thing, but Abe makes a good point. While it is a benefit to being with this franchise, Dak has had to carry himself a certain way and earn the right to be sought after. Then he has to show up and make his money. Its not free money. You certainly cant look at it dollar for dollar.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Dak’s my qb but....the team shouldn’t be put ‘on hold’ while he’s making up his mind...good move to bring in a good quality backup just in case.