Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign RB Darius Jackson

GenoT

Reaction score
Can’t wait to see this place after Darius Jackson gets cut by the Cowboys for the second time.

Camp-body signing with benefits (minimum financial risk, already knows our basic O-system).

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm glad Jackson is back. Maybe they looked at Austin as a RB at first but recent comments suggest he will be a receiver. Perhaps Bo and Jackson buy make it.

Zeke
Rod
Bo
Jackson

Hurns
Gallup
Austin
Thompson
Brown
Wilson

I like it. Gives us tons of speed on offense by adding Austin, Jackson and Thompson

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad Jackson is back. Maybe they looked at Austin as a RB at first but recent comments suggest he will be a receiver. Perhaps Bo and Jackson buy make it.

Zeke
Rod
Bo
Jackson

Hurns
Gallup
Austin
Thompson
Brown
Wilson

I like it. Gives us tons of speed on offense by adding Austin, Jackson and Thompson
Where is T-Will and Beasley?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dumb move. Beasley is arguably their best slot receiver. T-Will is still good enough for 700+ yards when targetted as a #2 at best, plus he's cheap and the best run-blocking receiver.
Beasley is overrated. He is hitting 30 and on the last year of his deal. He doesn't bring anything special to the team that can't be replaced with what we have. His 36 catches last season really puts him in elite status.

As far as Williams go I actually like him. He isn't the best run blocker at receiver that title belongs to Noah Brown. Both Williams and Beasley isn't in future plans. We have revamped the receiving corps and we have guys that have much more potential then both of these jags.

Dumb move it you're making the decisions but the right move for doing what's best in the interest of the Dallas Cowboys and making the team better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Beasley is overrated. He is hitting 30 and on the last year of his deal. He doesn't bring anything special to the team that can't be replaced with what we have. His 36 catches last season really puts him in elite status.

As far as Williams go I actually like him. He isn't the best run blocker at receiver that title belongs to Noah Brown. Both Williams and Beasley isn't in future plans. We have revamped the receiving corps and we have guys that have much more potential then both of these jags.

Dumb move it you're making the decisions but the right move for doing what's best in the interest of the Dallas Cowboys and making the team better.
Lol. I hear what you're saying, but I guarantee that at least 1 if not both will be on the team this year, thus making it hard for 2 of the younger guys to make the roster this year in 2018.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zeke
Rod
Bo
Jackson

Hurns
Gallup
Austin
Thompson
Brown
Wilson

I think you may be reading too much into this signing. They need people to compete for the bottom of the roster spots, and they need bodies to take reps in training camp. I seriously doubt they will keep both Bo and Jackson.

I also seriously doubt Beasley and Williams will be out on the street, although Williams recent DWI issue could put him in jeopardy. No way Beasley is gone though.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lol. I hear what you're saying, but I guarantee that at least 1 if not both will be on the team this year, thus making it hard for 2 of the younger guys to make the roster this year in 2018.
I can see that happening, not saying they are both gone. We know the Cowboys don't always make the right moves though. This is what should happen, keep turning the roster with new, cheap and young talent. Williams and Beasley will not make the difference in a Superbowl run or not

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think you may be reading too much into this signing. They need people to compete for the bottom of the roster spots, and they need bodies to take reps in training camp. I seriously doubt they will keep both Bo and Jackson.

I also seriously doubt Beasley and Williams will be out on the street, although Williams recent DWI issue could put him in jeopardy. No way Beasley is gone though.
Why no way Beasley is gone? He is an aging one trick pony receiver that has never had 1000 yards in a season, more then 5 TDs in a season and only caught 36 passes last year.

We keep 4 backs and now that comments came out that Dallas sees Austin as a receiver and not a back its highly possible we keep Zeke, Rod, Bo and Jackson.

Depending on how Jackson come back from injury he could be our number 2 back over Rod.