Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zeke on that play should bull doze every FS in the league, if he covers the back end and make plays that's what we want out of him.

If I'm the DC, I'm telling every one of my players, "We don't pay you to get run over by Zeke on the line. We pay you to make that play." I mean, there are two sides to every story right?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta say, I disagree on that one. Defense starts in the run game. If you can't stop that, you can't be a good Defense and that means everybody. I don't really want players who can't tackle. Everybody on the Defense needs to be able to tackle.

That's just how I see Defense, to be honest.
I honestly want to go thru your posting history and see if you have ever said anything positive. Ever. Kazee can tackle in the open field. Where a FS is supposed to tackle. You put him 1 on 1 with Zeke at the goal line and Zeke wins. Zeke also put Kam Chancellor on his backside in preseason as a rookie. Guess you wouldnt want Kam on your defense either? Come on my dude.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
If I'm the DC, I'm telling every one of my players, "We don't pay you to get run over by Zeke on the line. We pay you to make that play." I mean, there are two sides to every story right?

Kazee did what he was supposed to do by going low, he threw it in there and got crushed with no help. But again, every FS in the league would have got blown up on that play and most SS too. Zeke has a running start and needs a couple of yards he should win that every time against a FS trying to close a wide open hole with the Zeke needing a few yards.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta say, I disagree on that one. Defense starts in the run game. If you can't stop that, you can't be a good Defense and that means everybody. I don't really want players who can't tackle. Everybody on the Defense needs to be able to tackle.

That's just how I see Defense, to be honest.
Cant reall ask 185lb FS to stop the Zekester in bull mode. Bring him out on those type plays.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I honestly want to go thru your posting history and see if you have ever said anything positive. Ever. Kazee can tackle in the open field. Where a FS is supposed to tackle. You put him 1 on 1 with Zeke at the goal line and Zeke wins. Zeke also put Kam Chancellor on his backside in preseason as a rookie. Guess you wouldnt want Kam on your defense either? Come on my dude.

Watch Kazee take down Barkley on that clip in the open field, it is a thing of beauty.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Kazee did what he was supposed to do by going low, he threw it in there and got crushed with no help. But again, every FS in the league would have got blown up on that play and most SS too. Zeke has a running start and needs a couple of yards he should win that every time against a FS trying to close a wide open hole with the Zeke needing a few yards.

No. I mean, yeah, he tried to stick his head in there and make a play and I understand that but he did everything wrong on that play. But its fine, lets watch him this season. Lets see if you like what you got or if you end up feeling differently after you have had a chance to watch him play. I mean, the deal is done now right?

Well see what you think.

Ken

Reaction score
Damontae Kazee

our new FS.......

Doesn't mean anything, i like that he wasn't afraid to stick his nose in there.

I am not sure, but it looks to me like he concussed himself on that play.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
No. I mean, yeah, he tried to stick his head in there and make a play and I understand that but he did everything wrong on that play. But its fine, lets watch him this season. Lets see if you like what you got or if you end up feeling differently after you have had a chance to watch him play. I mean, the deal is done now right?

Well see what you think.

What did he do wrong other then not being 240lbs, which is not what I think you want in your FS who covers the back end?

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Weird how you always want to go through people's prior posting history which is really ex-girlfriend stalker mentality.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doesn't mean anything, i like that he wasn't afraid to stick his nose in there.

I am not sure, but it looks to me like he concussed himself on that play.

If you like what you see, then you will love him. Me, I like smart players. Smart players don't take on Zeke on the goal line and try and lead with their head down. Smart players don't get themselves hurt and take themselves off the field and actually hurt the defense because of a stupid injury but if that's what you like, thats good. That's what we got.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What did he do wrong other then not being 240lbs, which is not what I think you want in your FS who covers the back end?

Everything. He's a willing guy but look at how he came up and tried to make that play. Look at his form. If I were trying to make video on "how not to do this", that would be it.

First of all, you don't lead with your head, you use your shoulder. You don't go head up on a guy that has 40 or 50 pounds on you, that's stupid. You get lower then the other guy and if you are 5'10/5'11, that shouldn't be that hard to do. Use your shoulder, get into his legs and use and angle. Going head up with your head down and going in high is asking to get hurt. I don't pay you to be on the IR. I pay you to be on the field, making plays. Of course you don't expect this guy to stop Zeke by himself on the goal but that's not how you teach the game. Get into him, slow him down, wait for help. Do those things and you've done your job. If other guys don't get there to give help, that's on them but your job is simple in that situation. Kazee did none of those things there and what's more, he got himself hurt and that hurt the team. You gotta be smarter then that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
One play means literally nothing. I can show you a bad play for any safety who ever played the game.

Cool. It's not just one play with this guy. Go watch him in the run game. As I said, we'll see what you think once you've actually watched him a little bit.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's a one-year deal, if that's what you're asking. I haven't seen numbers, though, for what he'll be paid.
So we really don’t know if he’s low cost or not. Probably, but his numbers will be interesting.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Cool. It's not just one play with this guy. Go watch him in the run game. As I said, we'll see what you think once you've actually watched him a little bit.
FS arent supposed to support the run game. They are there to take the ball away. Something we havent had in a very long time. But hey. Lets complain just to complain. Another reason we are the worst fan base in sports.