Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Everything. He's a willing guy but look at how he came up and tried to make that play. Look at his form. If I were trying to make video on "how not to do this", that would be it.

First of all, you don't lead with your head, you use your shoulder. You don't go head up on a guy that has 40 or 50 pounds on you, that's stupid. You get lower then the other guy and if you are 5'10/5'11, that shouldn't be that hard to do. Use your shoulder, get into his legs and use and angle. Going head up with your head down and going in high is asking to get hurt. I don't pay you to be on the IR. I pay you to be on the field, making plays. Of course you don't expect this guy to stop Zeke by himself on the goal but that's not how you teach the game. Get into him, slow him down, wait for help. Do those things and you've done your job. If other guys don't get there to give help, that's on them but your job is simple in that situation. Kazee did none of those things there and what's more, he got himself hurt and that hurt the team. You gotta be smarter then that.

First of all if you watch the clip he hit Zeke with his shoulder on his thigh first and went low to do it, unfortunately the head comes with the shoulder. Again there is not a FS in the league that would have kept Zeke out of the end zone by himself on that play.

phildadon86

Reaction score
First of all if you watch the clip he hit Zeke with his shoulder on his thigh first and went low to do it, unfortunately the head comes with the shoulder. Again there is not a FS in the league that would have kept Zeke on that play out of the end zone by himself.
Remind me again. The FS primary job is what? Because it aint run support.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is alot of situational players across the league. That's why teams employ sub-packages.

Sure, but we signed a 5/10 185 lbs FS. You are gonna give something away there and the team knows that. There is a reason Atlanta was bad defensivly last year. There was also a reason we were bad last year.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Glad they are finally taking the Safety position more seriously.

They are 1-year deals so they still need to find a long-term solution at FS in the draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
First of all if you watch the clip he hit Zeke with his shoulder on his thigh first and went low to do it, unfortunately the head comes with the shoulder. Again there is not a FS in the league that would have kept Zeke out of the end zone by himself on that play.

No, he didn't. None of that is true. He went in high, bent at the waste with his head down and took the shot by Zeke. No leverage, no hope. I mean, everything about that was wrong. He never got into his legs and what's more, he never forced Zeke to pause. He never got into Zeke's thighs.

It's like your not reading what I'm trying to tell you. His job on the goal line is not to stop Zeke cold. His job is to get into his legs, slow him and wait for help. He did none of that. But I'm not going to argue this further. We will see him this up coming season. Lets see how he does. Hopefully, much better in the run game then he's done in the past.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
No, he didn't. None of that is true. He went in high, bent at the waste with his head down and took the shot by Zeke. No leverage, no hope. I mean, everything about that was wrong. He never got into his legs and what's more, he never forced Zeke to pause. He never got into Zeke's thighs.

It's like your not reading what I'm trying to tell you. His job on the goal line is not to stop Zeke cold. His job is to get into his legs, slow him and wait for help. He did none of that. But I'm not going to argue this further. We will see him this up coming season. Lets see how he does. Hopefully, much better in the run game then he's done in the past.

Fine if that's what you believe then have at it, but no FS is stopping Zeke on that play.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes a RB from the late 80's, maybe we can get him to play FS?

Good. Steve Atwater, FS, stonewalled him. Now, I'm not saying Kazee should have done the same with Zeke but I am pointing out that big powerful backs have been stopped by a Safety, it's not impossible.

To be fair, I believe Atwater was one of the best FS I've ever watched. But Okoya, he was even bigger and more powerful then Zeke so there is that.

It can be done but the point here is that this kid is not very good against the run IMO, Kazee.

Plankton

Reaction score
Ya i really don't understand his point on this one. Steve Atwater got completely trucked by him. It happens.

No, it was the other way around.

steve-atwater-christian-okoye.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Fine if that's what you believe then have at it, but no FS is stopping Zeke on that play.

But we've seen Zeke get stopped by good team Defense in the Red Zone all too often and even a lot last year. Just so happens that the Falcons weren't able to. Go figure that......