Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

Ken

Reaction score
After a 5 yard gain by Okoye and a running start by Atwater, great hit but not the same as goal line.
Also, one play.

Great memorable play (except i obviously had it backwards lol) but it is a snapshot. Also rule changes have hamstrung defenders.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
But we've seen Zeke get stopped by good team Defense in the Red Zone all too often and even a lot last year. Just so happens that the Falcons weren't able to. Go figure that......

Wow you are good at changing the discussion, first it was look at Kazee getting crushed on a play no FS is stopping by himself, now it is good defenses stopped Zeke on the goal line so why couldn't Kazee by himself. I see where this is going.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Admittedly concerned with the signing of 2 guys coming from a very poor Atlanta secondary simply because Dallas hired Quinn but the players have shown flash in the past so ultimately it will come down to their respective abilities to recover fully from bad injuries. At the end of the day they are boom or bust moves but given the short term nature of the deals Dallas will still need to find a young FS prospect in the draft to potentially partner with Wilson long term.
If you get to excited about any transactions around here you get shot down hard core when they dont work out...lol
I dont care what the masses feel, I like the attention that has been given to the major areas of concern, and if the names arent recognized by the casual fan, then they are dismissed like trash FA in the past.
Cant say I blame the negativity, I havent been impressed with past FA signings,, I wasnt doing back flips over McCoy and Poe last year, but many were.
I look at every year differently and willing to give a clean slate, and I rarely applaud the moves of this FO, but I really believe that Quinn walked in to Jerrys World and demanded his way, and Jerry and Stephen
gave him some credentials early,, much quicker than they ever did with Marinelli, and you would have figured that Marinelli would have gave them so much shell shock that they would never hand over evaluation
and precedence in opinion to a first year DC, but they did.
The movement is clearly a Quinn and McClay hand shake and acknowledgement.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wow you are good at changing the discussion, first it was look at Kazee getting crushed on a play no FS is stopping by himself, now it is good defenses stopped Zeke on the goal line so why couldn't Kazee by himself. I see where this is going.

Really? You are gonna that direction?

Cool, I've specifically told you everything Kazee did wrong on the goal line there. You've come back with what? This guy is not good against the run. You say nobody is going to make that tackle and yet, Zeke has gotten worse and worse in the Redzone consistently so what's the truth here? Why is Zeke not as effective if nobody can stop him in the Redzone?

I've explained, over and over, that Kazee's job there was not to stonewall Zeke. His job there is to get low and delay Zeke and wait for help from the rest of the D. I've further explained that his decision to go in high, with no leverage, head down, was stupid. All he accomplished was giving up any hope of stopping 7, getting himself injured and off the field and being posterized.

All that I have said here is true but you continue to say, "no Safety is going to stop Zeke there" which is not necessarily true but so what, it's not the point being made and it really has nothing at all to do with the problem with Kazee in the run. But you want to say that it is I who is "Changing the discussion".......

OK. Fine, have it your way. What exactly do you think the discussion is here?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Likewise....and you really should develop some new material as the hater, troll, and reap what you sow lines have gotten old and boring.....at least be an original and instead of stealing overused material from social media teens try conjuring up something that belongs to you and you alone for that is what makes one an original and not just another replicated relic too inconsequential to have any real impact or meaning to themselves or others.
Jeebus, remind me to never get you upset with me... :yourock:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No, it was the other way around.

steve-atwater-christian-okoye.gif

Atwater was a lot more like Neal than Kazee.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Atwater was a lot more like Neal than Kazee.

Atwater was way better then either of those guys IMO. Atwater could play Single High or come down and make you pay. Excellent in both areas really. To me, that might have been the best Safety tandem ever. Steve Atwater and Dennis Smith.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Atwater was way better then either of those guys IMO. Atwater could play Single High or come down and make you pay. Excellent in both areas really. To me, that might have been the best Safety tandem ever. Steve Atwater and Dennis Smith.

I agree on Atwater. Most of the players on our defense are either good at one or the other, not both. That's part of the reason our defense hasn't been very good.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree on Atwater. Most of the players on our defense are either good at one or the other, not both. That's part of the reason our defense hasn't been very good.

Yep. I feel like we are way too willing to settle. IDK.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Really? You are gonna that direction?

Cool, I've specifically told you everything Kazee did wrong on the goal line there. You've come back with what? This guy is not good against the run. You say nobody is going to make that tackle and yet, Zeke has gotten worse and worse in the Redzone consistently so what's the truth here? Why is Zeke not as effective if nobody can stop him in the Redzone?

I've explained, over and over, that Kazee's job there was not to stonewall Zeke. His job there is to get low and delay Zeke and wait for help from the rest of the D. I've further explained that his decision to go in high, with no leverage, head down, was stupid. All he accomplished was giving up any hope of stopping 7, getting himself injured and off the field and being posterized.

All that I have said here is true but you continue to say, "no Safety is going to stop Zeke there" which is not necessarily true but so what, it's not the point being made and it really has nothing at all to do with the problem with Kazee in the run. But you want to say that it is I who is "Changing the discussion".......

OK. Fine, have it your way. What exactly do you think the discussion is here?

Yes, I guess I am going that direction, because it seems you make a different point at every turn. You showed a clip of Kayzee getting crushed on a goal line play with the tag “our new FS”

Like this is what we are getting with Kayzee, which is more than a little disingenuous for a lot of reasons including picking one play to quantify him and it’s a running play on the goal line with him trying to fill a wide-open hole by himself.

My response was on that play no FS was going to stop Zeke from getting into the end zone

Then you say that Kayzee went high and lead with his head, which is not true he led with his shoulder, tried to get low and Zeke got lower, it happens.

Then you then move on and say there is a reason Atlanta was bad defensivly last year. There was also a reason we were bad last year. I don’t even know what that means, Atlanta’s defense was bad just because of Kayzee as a run defender? And our D was bad because of only Woods, it was the FS's fault?

Then you move on to, but we've seen Zeke get stopped by good team Defense in the Red Zone all too often and even a lot last year. Just so happens that the Falcons weren't able to. Go figure that...... Again, I am not sure what to make of that, so good team Defenses could stop Zeke from the red zone on occasion and the Falcons could not so must be Kayzee?

Then you move on to Zeke has gotten worse and worse in the Redzone consistently so what's the truth here? Why is Zeke not as effective if nobody can stop him in the Redzone? So now nobody/team is the same as Kayzee getting crushed on one play?

So yeah, I am confused.

So back to the original point, of you showing one Kayzee clip of one play to quantify “our new FS” on a play I think no FS stops as your proof as to what Kayzee is, if that’s your view then fine have at it. I can show you plays where he is making incredible open field tackles on RB’s supporting the run and more importantly covering the back end and looking like a play maker. Which is what I want my FS to do well, I want the front 7 to do most of the heavy lifting in the run D.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
First of all if you watch the clip he hit Zeke with his shoulder on his thigh first and went low to do it, unfortunately the head comes with the shoulder. Again there is not a FS in the league that would have kept Zeke out of the end zone by himself on that play.
No use arguing with this guy. As soon as you prove him wrong about something he'll change the narrative. He does it all the time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes, I guess I am going that direction, because it seems you make a different point at every turn. You showed a clip of Kayzee getting crushed on a goal line play with the tag “our new FS”

Like this is what we are getting with Kayzee, which is more than a little disingenuous for a lot of reasons including picking one play to quantify him and it’s a running play on the goal line with him trying to fill a wide-open hole by himself.

My response was on that play no FS was going to stop Zeke from getting into the end zone

Then you say that Kayzee went high and lead with his head, which is not true he led with his shoulder, tried to get low and Zeke got lower, it happens.

Then you then move on and say there is a reason Atlanta was bad defensivly last year. There was also a reason we were bad last year. I don’t even know what that means, Atlanta’s defense was bad just because of Kayzee as a run defender? And our D was bad because of only Woods, it was the FS's fault?

Then you move on to, but we've seen Zeke get stopped by good team Defense in the Red Zone all too often and even a lot last year. Just so happens that the Falcons weren't able to. Go figure that...... Again, I am not sure what to make of that, so good team Defenses could stop Zeke from the red zone on occasion and the Falcons could not so must be Kayzee?

Then you move on to Zeke has gotten worse and worse in the Redzone consistently so what's the truth here? Why is Zeke not as effective if nobody can stop him in the Redzone? So now nobody/team is the same as Kayzee getting crushed on one play?

So yeah, I am confused.

So back to the original point, of you showing one Kayzee clip of one play to quantify “our new FS” on a play I think no FS stops as your proof as to what Kayzee is, if that’s your view then fine have at it. I can show you plays where he is making incredible open field tackles on RB’s supporting the run and more importantly covering the back end and looking like a play maker. Which is what I want my FS to do well, I want the front 7 to do most of the heavy lifting in the run D.

That is what you are getting with Kazee. You don't have to believe me, you will eventually see it for yourself but then, you won't really come back and revisit it, most likely. And for the record, I did openly say, go watch him in the run game, right up front so you can't really say that I picked "one" play. I showed one play, against us, to make a point but you are entirely welcome to go do your homework and see for yourself. Honestly, you have no point here. I specifically encouraged posters to go check for themselves.

If you can't look at that film and see that what I am telling you, that he went in high and used bad technique, if you can't understand that his job on that play was to try and slow Zeke and not get himself laid out is true, then we really can't go further in this discussion.

This is basic stuff, you can accept it or not, doesn't matter to me. Remember, I didn't ask you to explain to me, you guys asked me to explain. I know what I'm talking about, you can accept that or not, doesn't matter. But I do know this, his shortcomings in the run game will not take long to show up. When they do, this board will be all over him and when that happens, you will know and I will know that what I tried to tell you was true.

You don't want to learn, that's OK. You will learn the hard way. That's what you want to do I suppose so I will leave you to it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yep. I feel like we are way too willing to settle. IDK.

I don't think it's that. If you are cheap in free agency, you generally are going to get flawed players. The flaws can be either they are old and washed up, young and unproven or one-dimensional. A player who can do everything that is demanded of him at a position either is not going to reach free agency in his prime or be out of the price range of what the Joneses are willing to pay.

With drafted players, the same thing usually happens as the draft progresses. At DT, if you can pressure the passer and stop the run, you are highly coveted and are going to go early. If you can do just one well, you are going to go anywhere from the second to fourth ... and teams try to identify the ones during those rounds who may be good at one aspect but show potential to develop in the other.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think it's that. If you are cheap in free agency, you generally are going to get flawed players. The flaws can be either they are old and washed up, young and unproven or one-dimensional. A player who can do everything that is demanded of him at a position either is not going to reach free agency in his prime or be out of the price range of what the Joneses are willing to pay.

With drafted players, the same thing usually happens as the draft progresses. At DT, if you can pressure the passer and stop the run, you are highly coveted and are going to go early. If you can do just one well, you are going to go anywhere from the second to fourth ... and teams try to identify the ones during those rounds who may be good at one aspect but show potential to develop in the other.

Maybe so......

Either way, it's getting close to the weekend and so I'm getting ready to pack it in. Hey, have a great weekend Six. Have fun, be careful though!

:thumbup:

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Ok, believe you because you know what you are talking about and making sense. Got it.