Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Darian Thompson

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
JJ pays too much, everyone whines.

JJ pays too little, everyone whines.

Everyone underestimates how much it's going to cost us to sign our core guys. If you want them to be cheaper, than you should pray for knee injuries.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The world needs ditch diggers. I didn’t know the Cowboys did to!

Sydla

Reaction score
Here we go again, just like every year, fans getting upset as if guys like this are signed to be impact players and the Cowboys are too stupid to know they aren’t. Teams make these kinds of moves for depth, special teams, 53 man roster competition etc. all the time. EVERY team. Are fans really still unaware of this?

In fairness, it’s not like this hasn’t happened before. We’ve signed JAGs like this before, you guys run to claim this is just a camp body type signing and then months go by and guess what? This was the guy they signed on the cheap hoping to get lucky with.

We needed a S last year. They signed Robert Blanton. People said be patient, he’s just a body. But he wasn’t. He was the only S they signed. Benson Mayowa was another guy like this. We signed him, people tried to assure other fans he was just a depth signing and yet, in an offseason where we needed DEs, he was actually signed for a bigger role.

So let’s not act like it’s impossible that three months from now, this guy won’t be the only S added.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
DarianMain

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In fairness, it’s not like this hasn’t happened before. We’ve signed JAGs like this before, you guys run to claim this is just a camp body type signing and then months go by and guess what? This was the guy they signed on the cheap hoping to get lucky with.

We needed a S last year. They signed Robert Blanton. People said be patient, he’s just a body. But he wasn’t. He was the only S they signed. Benson Mayowa was another guy like this. We signed him, people tried to assure other fans he was just a depth signing and yet, in an offseason where we needed DEs, he was actually signed for a bigger role.

So let’s not act like it’s impossible that three months from now, this guy won’t be the only S added.
Certainly too early to claim the sky is falling at this point in the off season.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Everyone hating on this move will be pleasantly suprised by his play......

Perfect depth move..

It costs us a whole $750K for the year; that's called value...

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
It's creepily apparent that few people in this thread are aware that Darian Thompson already played for the Cowboys last year.

This is a RE-signing.

Lol

Jeffkills

Reaction score
It's creepily apparent that few people in this thread are aware that Darian Thompson already played for the Cowboys last year.

This is a RE-signing.

Lol
Now all we need to do is actually put him on the field...

CWR

Reaction score
Please tell me we aren't going the good pld tried and true route of signing half a dozen scrubs instead of one or two worthwhile players. I don't mind this signing but damn it they better bring in some proven talent.

Carson

Reaction score
Please tell me we aren't going the good pld tried and true route of signing half a dozen scrubs instead of one or two worthwhile players. I don't mind this signing but damn it they better bring in some proven talent.

I agree.

Thompson was solid playing STs here last season. Just bringing back a solid familiar face for ST

Reactions: CWR

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I actually get tired of after so many years. I cant remember the last time a signing like this panned out.

And God forbid he has to fill in for an injured starter, then all bets are off.
I remember you guys saying the same thing about Antwaun Woods