Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Where does this guy play? does he take snaps away from TWill or Beasley? or is he the Lucky Whitehead in this offense and run nothing but jet sweeps?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If so don’t know why his last two seasons were pretty dismal. He had one good season two years ago and has been plagued by injuries since.

Sort of like Watkins that way right. Not that I'm comparing the two players, just the disappearing acts for two year. Throw Robinson into that mix and you have the triumvirate. We paid a little less for the risk that's all. No he doesn't have the upside, yes he doesn't have to

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He will definitely add some much needed speed to this receiving corp.

Will compete to be the kick returner as well in my opinion.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Where does this guy play? does he take snaps away from TWill or Beasley? or is he the Lucky Whitehead in this offense and run nothing but jet sweeps?
Based on his size I would say he could play all 3 positions, X, Y, and slot.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
so which do you prefer

High Roller Drunk Jerry splash signing free agents where no one was safe
or
Conservative Walmart Shopper Stephen?

both will leave their image on the franchise
10 years from now what will that be

U-m-m that was three questions with no answers. Seems like most have more questions than answers. Welcome to the club! ;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Looking over Thompson’s career numbers don’t know what the Cowboys saw in him. Plus he’s pushing 30. He’s been around for 8 years and has done virtually nothing. He’s never caught more than 27 passes for more than 430 yards and has 4 career TDs. Nothing to get excited about with this signing. Will be interesting to see if he even makes the team this summer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be way off on this but my thinking is that they may want a WR in the 1st. Keep Dez around for another year as the rookie gets some playing time. No way this guy is a replacement for Dez.

Could be a replacement for Twill or Beasley. Trade one or both before or during the draft. Select a WR then. Then if Dez doesn't produce this their they have a replacement in the draft pick, or pick one next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will complain because they think of free agency only as an opportunity to sign a big impact guy and don't recognize that is also an opportunity to fill all manner of roles on the roster.

Oh yeah, this place is ridiculous over run with whiners.

We sign Suh the complain, we don't sign Suh the y complain. Or any player besides Suh.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, it's not
6 seasons with the Ravens, Bills and Bears, catching 77 passes for 1,032 yards and 4 touchdowns. and they call this Depth??
6 years only 77 passes, ***!?? we could've done a lot better than this.

What is the problem with saying this is depth? The 3rd and 4th receivers on other teams aren't 1,000 yard/season guys. He has some very serious speed, and has had some success as a kickoff return man. Doesn't seem to be a bad guy to have on the roster

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Piss away money on 5 scrubs instead of signing one legitimate player. The current strategy is garbage. If you want to save money then just save money damn it. Id rather not sign anyone and utilize the draft. Guys like Nolan Carrol and Paea did squat for us last year.

This is why I don't buy my furniture from walmart. Whats the point? It will be thrown out in a year anyways.

Dude is aleady closing in on 30, its not like he has a ceiling tbd.

so if we could get tom Brady for 1 year at age 40, we shouldn't because he is not under age 30

and it is a 1 year deal, so it is not like we signed a 30 year old to a 5 year contract

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thompson will fill the role that Dwayne Harris had here.. used from time to time on offense...but mostly a kick returner.Which tells me they have bigger plans for Switzer on offense or you don't make this move. That may spell the end for Beasley or Williams...

Sydla

Reaction score
I could be way off on this but my thinking is that they may want a WR in the 1st. Keep Dez around for another year as the rookie gets some playing time. No way this guy is a replacement for Dez.

I thought we needed a DT early in the draft? Or an OL? Or a LB? Or a S?