Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone actually ever watched Deonte Thompson play or even knew who he was before the Cowboys interest?

So many moaners and groaners around here,, just check the player out before immediately judging as garbage.

Super Star.

Maybe his career has been basically ruined because of the Bears and the Bills.

Hes in Dallas now with highly accurate Dak to turn this 29 yr old career stunted wr into starter status.

DT will push TW, Butler, Beasley, or Noah off the roster,, that I know, and I'm not joking about that.
Yay. Go cowboys

jrumann59

Reaction score
I dont understand this signing at all.

just my .02 but they already have plenty of wr. Bryant, Williams, Beasley, Switzer, Brown, Lenoir.

I view Switzer as a player that will be better this year and will have a role, just like Crayton back in 04 was deactivated and confused, Dwayne harris was cut sent to the practice squad then put back on the team at the end of his rookie season I think that is how switzer is developing. it takes time.

Not sure what Thompson does that will get him on the roster or get him to the gameday roster.

And if they draft a big time wr like ridley then what?

Oh well. This o-line, Linebacker group and tight end position needs work so maybe they are just trying to make sure they are deep enough at wr that they do not feel forced to use a pick in the first four rounds or something.

I dont know. This signing doesnt make much sense to me

I think the one thing he brings is bigger WR with speed. He is 6ft by stat bio and if he still has some of that 4.3 speed he showed in the combine that may be enough. He seems as sure handed as Butler and my guess does not have the "ego" to think he is a #1. Also he can return kicks which last year was pretty rocky with Switzer out there. I see him as a slight upgrade over butler on a squad of "possession" like receivers. Brown is not fast, Lenoir is a camp body.

CWR

Reaction score
Butler 73/1177/8 TDs in 5 years played in 61 games. Avg a little more than 1 catch per game

Who??? Let me guess Suh????

I dont have a specific player in mind. Im only pointing out our cap could be better spent.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Are you kidding??? This is the dumbest **** I’ve ever read on here...
May I suggest some of the other threads. There have been some pretty dumb things said, give it time you will come across it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
what's your takes on the fullback trade and Joe Thomas signing?

sensible cheap replacements for smith and wilber. Mostly to fill those roles on special teams with veterans who can be relied on in special teams and not having to hope rookies can do it when they get to the summer.

those signing are fine, every team has those guys and they are important. They are not expensive or anything so its just basic operating.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Not gonna rush to judgement..but we better have a plan because so far it looks like we are throwing darts in free agency. More moves must be coming at WR..then maybe this will give some clarity. Right now we have more questions than answers.

Well we didn't throw many during the season so it's a step in the right direction.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Where does it say we are still wanting Hurns? If we wanted him he wouldn't be in NY right now
Schefter posted it. Todd archer I believe as well. We’re interested still but I still think he’s not getting paid

jrumann59

Reaction score
I dont have a specific player in mind. Im only pointing out our cap could be better spent.
The only player in the 1st couple of days I wished Dallas would have signed is Josh Kline, he slides into LOG a 4/24mm and starting OL is solidified, use draft and later FA to address other holes.

Reactions: CWR

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
those signing are fine, every team has those guys and they are important. They are not expensive or anything so its just basic operating.
I can't argue with this but my issue is that they are prioritizing these moves over addressing bigger needs. Plus, these $1M and $2.5M cap hits cut into the limited cap room and reduce the chance of adding an impact free agent.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I can't argue with this but my issue is that they are prioritizing these moves over addressing bigger needs. Plus, these $1M and $2.5M cap hits cut into the limited cap room and reduce the chance of adding an impact free agent.

they have no idea what they are doing. No point in wasting time trying to figure it out. They are just winging it.

Just have to hope they draft good players and the starters stay healthy so its not a 5 win season.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
There, we got our speed WR. Definitely not a replacement for Dez so pretty much think this changes nothing. Maybe makes WR less of an early round possibility in the draft. Cheap enough. Would still love Bowman and a S. Would of course love Suh but we all know that ain't happening.
We had speed guys like Noah Brown and Butler and don't use them at all. This guy won't ever see the field. We will continue to run the same boring, stale offense. Running the same predictable routes. Which means nothing down the field.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think the one thing he brings is bigger WR with speed. He is 6ft by stat bio and if he still has some of that 4.3 speed he showed in the combine that may be enough. He seems as sure handed as Butler and my guess does not have the "ego" to think he is a #1. Also he can return kicks which last year was pretty rocky with Switzer out there. I see him as a slight upgrade over butler on a squad of "possession" like receivers. Brown is not fast, Lenoir is a camp body.

lenoir is loved by McClay and was activated week 17 last year. Not saying he is making the team or anything but he is more than a camp body.

Gameover

Reaction score
Where does it say we are still wanting Hurns? If we wanted him he wouldn't be in NY right now
Because they were his first scheduled visit, and the Cowboys would be shady if they stole a player under those circumstances.