Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
dont know but this offseason is depressing. we signed a FB who was PS at one pt. a LB who was also PS. and Thompson. FA is not over but this has been very sad so far

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well like Butler he won't be on the field much so it doesn't really matter.
the Jones boys are just filling some holes.
It is all up to the draft now.
Maybe they get a couple of players that can help this year.

And don't forget we have dak friendly O coming!
Maybe but I seem to recall there were times butler was on the field he did not seem to be in the right place before the snap or during the play.

The Natural

Reaction score
...looks like Dez has to prove something this year and earn his contract...Thomas will be fairly decent I suppose...hope they can draft WR Ridley in the draft..
he'd be a good #2.
I'm sure Thompson's 4 tds in 6 years really has Dez looking behind his shoulder

blueblood70

Reaction score
the news stated cowboys still in the market for Hurns ..not completely out of this..IMO Butler gone but i have a sneaking suspicion that everybody is expecting dez to eb cut but Beasly the odd man out..Thompson can fill butler and part of beasly and Switzer takes up the rest..now if we sign hurns i guess Dez might need to start worrying but at this point, hes safe IMO..his production last year is overblown kneejerk reactions, the entire pass catcher crew had at least a 2-3 YPC and some of their worst career numbers in 17..im thinking that was a glitch and they will all improve in 18..

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Look for Garrett to run Dallas special in NFC Championship game with Thomson throwing a TD to Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They think he's better than Butler
except bulter opened his mouth and given how little he was thrown too, he dropped about the same amount of passes we are screaming at Dez for..he wants to be #1 , good liuck brother don't le the door hit you where the good lord split ya..BYE felicia

CWR

Reaction score
The only player in the 1st couple of days I wished Dallas would have signed is Josh Kline, he slides into LOG a 4/24mm and starting OL is solidified, use draft and later FA to address other holes.

Sounds perfect, we will spend his salary in scrubs before its over, thus my irritation.

Them

Reaction score
I'm sure Thompson's 4 tds in 6 years really has Dez looking behind his shoulder
...I'm sure Dez ain't worried about Thomas either....I only mean Dez sees the writing on the wall...He's feels his replacement is coming soon...(at least he should.)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Always an internet thug running about.

Always someone who thinks they are so very special that their question must be unique. Never mind that it was asked and answered numerous times in the day's most active thread.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dont know but this offseason is depressing. we signed a FB who was PS at one pt. a LB who was also PS. and Thompson. FA is not over but this has been very sad so far

The point the FB was on the practice squad was 6 years ago, and was converting from college WR to FB. After 6 years playing FB in the NFL the fact he was once on the practice squad doesn't mean anything. And, by the way, Keith Smith was on the practice squad at one time too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don’t think anybody that is any good wants to play here.

Only the scrubs

How far has this franchise fallen?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think anybody that is any good wants to play here.

Only the scrubs

How far has this franchise fallen?

They go where the pay day is. Dallas isn't handing out paydays as freely as they once did. What they are handing out is mostly to their own free agents.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember when a Stephen said a few weeks ago that he realizes they’ve made mistakes in FA and need to change things and do better?

Me too. Great times.
Hey Syria, still waiting to hear what team you scouted for? You said you were a scout at one point, but didn’t name the team.