Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just not this guy.

The point is I don't understand people being so driven to complain that they are willing to just make things up to do it. In any case, obviously he isn't a top tier guy, but that doesn't mean he won't be able to slot in as a nice #3-4 receiver and/or return kickoffs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best part are the Cowboys tweeting out photos of thes

Lol.

He’s no such thing.

No, he's not. He's at best a #3 receiver. He might be a decent player, but in no way could he plug in as the #1 even on a short term basis.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, he's not. He's at best a #3 receiver. He might be a decent player, but in no way could he plug in as the #1 even on a short term basis.

Agreed. He’s certainly no placeholder for Dez.

LittleD

Reaction score

Sorry...He's faster, quicker and a much better route runner than that Dez fellow. Dez is now for all purposes a slow #3 receiver being paid
#1 money.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can see Thompson being a Nolan Carroll type and get released early on lol maybe even training camp

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry...He's faster, quicker and a much better route runner than that Dez fellow. Dez is now for all purposes a slow #3 receiver being paid
#1 money.

Speed isn't all there is to it, which is why so few track stars end up as WR's. And, even if it's true that Dez is no longer a #1 (which I agree with), that doesn't somehow mean Thompson is. Ultimately though, Thompson has been in the NFL 6 years and never even performed to the level of a quality # 2, much less a #1.