Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Only if Dak has WR friendly passing on the agenda....
Well we don't know what dak friendly offense will be but I'm pretty sure we will have the same receivers with a couple of new guys who will play a few plays each game .
Dak friendly to get it to work is up to the OC

bodi

Reaction score
You guys are turning on little Ryan Switzer for this JAG? I've seen multiple comments like this since the signing.

I think the Cowboys drafted Switzer for more than just the return game and let's not forget he did take one to the house returning a punt

He is JAG an short one also

one out ta how many KR an PR ?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Sigmund Freud would probably have said that todays Cowboys try and emulate the NE Pats, with all the talent, possibly more,, but without the brain.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

A report on our new receiver
  • He puts some pressure on the defensive back and their cushion. He can cover some ground when running. Some of his best routes are deep across the field.
  • Nice body control and balance. He had to make some adjusting catches where the ball was in terrible position.
  • He will leap to go get the ball, and he can really go up the ladder to grab it.
  • This is a consistent route runner. He is not one of those guys that’s all over the place.
  • Perhaps the best play I watched was a 34-yard reception in a driving snow storm against Indianapolis. Tracked the ball all the way into his hands.
  • His hands appear dependable. Catches to targets are good.
  • He will extend himself to make receptions.
  • He made a couple of really nice plays in the red zone. He is able to free himself off the line, then grab the ball.
  • For the opportunities he received, he didn’t disappoint.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think God might do something else other than watch his football team thru that open roof. So praying is out. I think Jerry built God's toilet at this point, because it sure seems like he has been relieving himself on our team for the last 23 years

That wasn't God relieving Himself, it was Jerry.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's a blow at first but the blow will be softened and the breeze will be calm when we draft a G or T, depending on Collins

Agreed. If they fix the OL properly, that's going to help the whole team. As goes the OL, so goes the QB, WR's and the running game.
Not to mention that in 2016 when the offense was controlling the clock, that helped the defense as well.
They need a quality fix for that OL, along with some depth.
And Chaz Green is not a quality fix.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

This thread got big, quick. Apologies if this was posted already, but his highlights from last year.

Don't care too much about the signing, but it's interesting we keep bringing in the speedy receivers. That's a hint about what they think Dak-friendly means.

For all the beating he's taking in this thread, he sure doesn't look that bad in that highlight film. The guy appears to have good hands and some speed.

LittleD

Reaction score
Speed, separation, and returns kickoffs. Me likey. I've always like veteran WRs. They come cheap, but can do their jobs.

If we take Ridley, Dez probably just gets a pink slip.

Though I could see them bargaining Dez down. That would give an option next year of sticking with Ridley and Dez, and letting Williams go.

Me likey too!

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
thompson was picked up by bills after dropped by bears
in 11 games, caught 27 passes for 430 yards
in half the games, bills starting qb was benched or injured and replaced with rookie

7 Oct 22 TB 4 107 26.8
8 Oct 29 OAK 1 5 5.0
9 Nov 2 @NYJ 7 81 11.6
10 Nov 12 NO 1 10 10.0 - qb taylor benched during game for rookie qb peterman
11 Nov 19 @LAC 3 36 12.0 - rookie qb started in first half. thompson injured during game.
12 Nov 26 @KC 1 6 6.0
13 Dec 3 NE 2 21 10.5 - qb taylor injured in game in 1st play and not effective. was replaced
14 Dec 10 IND 1 34 34.0 - rookie qb started, qb taylor injured
15 Dec 17 MIA 1 16 16.0
16 Dec 24 @NE 4 91 22.8
17 Dec 31 @MIA 2 23 11.5 - thompson shoulder injury
I'd take those numbers. We certainly need a deep threat to keep defenses honest but thought you could get Chark in the 3rd to fit that need.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Then we will once again have an average DL that will be middle of the pack in terms of sacks and pressuring the QB like we were last year.

This is why ignoring FA and trying to find a couple of starters at need positions hurts this team.
It normally takes DL picks a couple seasons to produce in the NFL. You'd be better to address that position via FA with a guy that has upside but hasn't produced and see what our DC can do with him. Not a scrap heap FA but a guy with high grades out of college that just needs to be coached up some.

conner01

Reaction score
2.5m is peanuts

The original round tender is 2m

Long Snappers get 1.25m
It is hard to wrap your head around salaries today
It’s getting to the point a guy on a roster who probably won’t get a snap all year gets 2 mil a year
Once a guy gets a second contract it’s really crazy money but it is what it is

Sydla

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if we actually try to attack teams more vertically than we have in recent past. They said they were essentially revamping the offense but then again, they also said their approach to FA would have to change and get better and they are basically doing the same thing they always have.

ESisback

Reaction score
8 years ago.

At his Pro Day, not the Combine.

And he still went undrafted.

OK, OK, he sucks! Everybody we get sucks! Everybody we WILL get sucks! We suck! We're doomed, and there's no point in watching! Happy now?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2.5 MILLION, why not just draft a prospect much cheaper. we getting a guy who avg about 1.4 catches a game for his career

Maybe because it's not so easy to draft 4.3 speed. Who knows, the change in teams might show him to have more ability than he had the chance to show in Buffalo and Chicago. Those have been terrible passing teams.