Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Actually, only Chark has that same kind of speed. Not sure if you meant to say that Thompson has the kind of speed that we can NOT draft. If so, I agree.
Sorry for the confusion

Just meant that Thompson has the take the top off the offense speed we lacked
We can now draft any of the WRs ..... not just the fastest ones

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion

Just meant that Thompson has the take the top off the offense speed we lacked
We can now draft any of the WRs ..... not just the fastest ones

Gotcha, I agree, if they will actually use the speed, right?

Also agree, it really helps us in the Draft. We can go a lot of ways, not just pigeon holed into one position.

MrMom

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...-acclunt-for-less-than-4-million-in-cap-space

Deonte Thompson

Signing bonus: $1 million

2018 base salary: $800,000

Max value: $2.5 million

Notable: If Thompson does something he has not yet done in his career he can earn an extra $700,000 in his one-year deal with the Cowboys. He had a career-high 38 catches for 555 yards and two touchdowns last season in splitting time with the Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills. If he catches 55 passes for the Cowboys, he can earn $250,000. If he catches 70 passes, he can earn another $250,000. If he plays in 55 percent of the snaps, he can earn $200,000.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...-acclunt-for-less-than-4-million-in-cap-space

Deonte Thompson

Notable: If Thompson does something he has not yet done in his career he can earn an extra $700,000 in his one-year deal with the Cowboys. He had a career-high 38 catches for 555 yards and two touchdowns last season in splitting time with the Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills. If he catches 55 passes for the Cowboys, he can earn $250,000. If he catches 70 passes, he can earn another $250,000. If he plays in 55 percent of the snaps, he can earn $200,000.

Thompson just saw his chances of that happening go down dramatically with the signing of Hurns.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Deonte Thompson

:thumbup: you always seem to post NO B.S. good reading:starspin:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think you are overthinking this. It's a line from a movie called Real Genius, circa 1985. That's really all it is...

:laugh:

So those authors never read it either then. The source being different and you never checking the story itself changes my point not one whit.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's called a highlight film:laugh:

C'mon guys, they didn't sign him as a #1 and they didn't pay him as a #1 and they only signed him for a year. Give the guy a break for Pete's sake, not everybody on the team can be a #1, and you don't need to be a #1 to replace Butler!
Besides, he just might be better than you're giving him credit for.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
His chances could be alot better if Dez is traded or released.

I think chances of Dez being traded or released just increased sharply.
That's what happens sometimes when these guys think they're worth so much money, they price themselves out of a job when they can't live up to the hype.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I like this signing better with Hurns on board.

I have been checking out some Cowboy sites around the net and the consensus is that this dude is FAST, like really FAST.

He could really be a weapon if we get creative on offense, of course that is a big IF.

sideon

Reaction score
So if they make a "highlight film" of Zeke Elliott, it'll mean he's no good? :laugh:
Damn near every NFL player has a highlight film on YouTube, you seemed surprised that his highlight film was good which was it's purpose.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So those authors never read it either then. The source being different and you never checking the story itself changes my point not one whit.

I think you give yourself too much credit. Checking the story? I guess we are lucky to have you on the board Fuzzy. So you can be the Story Checker Police for all of us. I thank you in advance.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think you give yourself too much credit. Checking the story? I guess we are lucky to have you on the board Fuzzy. So you can be the Story Checker Police for all of us. I thank you in advance.

It's called critical thinking. I have actually read The Apology of Socrates by Plato and Xenophon.

Your quote was ignorant and given the production date of Real Genius you have been using that line blithely for decades. Worse, the ignorance assumed the exact opposite of what that story was actually getting at and saying.

You can try and deflect from all that by attacking me but Plato knew what he was doing and famously embraced it. That is the opposite disposition that your quote was getting at.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like this signing better with Hurns on board.

I have been checking out some Cowboy sites around the net and the consensus is that this dude is FAST, like really FAST.

He could really be a weapon if we get creative on offense, of course that is a big IF.

Every other play's a jet sweep.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Fuzzy is a wannabe smart guy.

Did you ever see the movie from the eighties called Amadeus?

Fuzzy is the character played by F. Murray Abraham.

The Abraham character is an older composer and rival of Mozart. He has focused his life on being a composer. He is educated and very very structured.

Mozart is a goofy young guy that just parties and doesn't follow the rules but he can just roll out of bed and compose music that makes the Abraham character seem like an amateur in comparison.

Mozart's transcendant talent basically drives the Abraham character insane with jealousy.

I'm certain there are some Mozart types that Fuzxy has encountered (probably worked with) that have made him try everything possible to feel like he matches up to them. Over-focusing on things like Plato is an example of his efforts.