Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
Must admit, I don't have as much experience as you guys, but I just don't see the point in bringing in some squad fillers who won't improve the squad, when you have 10 picks to play with in the draft.

I would much prefer one signing of need, leave the rest for the draft and when others release players after the draft.

The 2 players signed seem expensive for the value they bring.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They won't be cutting Switzer.

I'm not pushing Switzer off on an ice flow but I do think they draft a WR high. Then if Noah Brown improves as expected Switzer would be 7th on the depth chart. Hard to see the team carrying that many guys next year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Must admit, I don't have as much experience as you guys, but I just don't see the point in bringing in some squad fillers who won't improve the squad, when you have 10 picks to play with in the draft.

I would much prefer one signing of need, leave the rest for the draft and when others release players after the draft.

The 2 players signed seem expensive for the value they bring.
You are on the right track. Both of these signings could end up like the signing of Nolan Carroll.

Wastes of money after the draft is all said and done.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Does this make sense if they trade Beasley and draft a WR high? Just spit balling here.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
He might be a nice surprise ala L. Robinson a few years ago...But...I kind of doubt it.
He stepped up and put up some decent numbers with his return to Buffalo.

His knock, coming out of college, was that he had the dropsies.

I don't know much about his route running. And I don't get a sense that he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

But he has been exposed to three different systems and has gained experience. And is a legit deep threat.

I think he'll do well here. Unless there are work ethic, attitude, learning issues that we have no way of knowing as fans.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Eh, he is a speed receiver....faster than anyone we have by a fair amount, so maybe he can occasionally get open deep and give guys more room underneath.
So instead of Dez running decoy go routes this guy will????

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I guess it’s to replace Brice. It’s a strange move in ways.
Sure we needed a WR. I’d personally rather have any WR left with the 2nd round pick than this guy.....

But...needing a safety, starting MLB, and Starting Guard or Tackle leaves us exposed...
It's really amazing that WR has been the highest priority since FA started, and they didn't get that right either.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Bears have an inept front office..dysfunctional,PLUS just changed the front office/GM and Head coach YET AGAIN..so they are hardly the litmus test.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It was sarcasm....Ive lived thru Quincy Carter and Ryan Leaf and Jason Garrett and yet I remain. I think that should explain my loyalty
Your loyalty is not in question, I'm a sarcastic bastid as well.
All we can do is laugh and pray a lot at this point,, oh and fish more.

Jenky

Reaction score
If they sign Hurns, who goes? Can't have that much money tied to receivers? Is Dez going to restructure?

The plan is to have as many receivers as possible. That way we can blame them when the offense cant produce.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm not pushing Switzer off on an ice flow but I do think they draft a WR high. Then if Noah Brown improves as expected Switzer would be 7th on the depth chart. Hard to see the team carrying that many guys next year.
They will carry Switzer as a RB/PR/Slash