Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are running an NFL team, sport.

Not shocking you have no understanding.

I think they are trying to move Dez now. And that's why the Hurns deal hasn't been made yet. But they would prefer to get whatever they can for him vs just cutting him outright.

I have 5 years of MMA training.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
What in the blue hell is this team doing. I get looking at Hurns but signing Thompson and still wanting to sign Hurns is odd. Seems dez is on the fast track out of here if Hurns is signed which I doubt.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
That can save a roster spot if we cut Switzer. I do think they draft a WR high and our WR corps looks much, much better next year:

Dez
Ridley/Moore/James Washington
Beasley
TWill
Thompson
Noah Brown
They won't be cutting Switzer. I hope they are trying to trade Beasley.

And I still don't think Dez will be on this team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said...I drank what?
You break this out right after I had a dream where I saw myself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He ran a 4.3 40 at his pro day. Ran a 10.47 100 in high school and a 6.8 60-meter for the Florida track team.

So McClay probably fascinated by his metrics.

They just seem obsessed with signing the unexpected guys and hoping that when it finally pays off they will appear as football savants. I just don't feel like we're a better team than the 9-7 team we were last year. Everyone participates and attempts to get better in the draft so that's a wash. Still holding out hope for an Earl Thomas move but as of now, not feeling great about the 2018 team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not gonna rush to judgement..but we better have a plan because so far it looks like we are throwing darts in free agency. More moves must be coming at WR..then maybe this will give some clarity. Right now we have more questions than answers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What in the blue hell is this team doing. I get looking at Hurns but signing Thompson and still wanting to sign Hurns is odd. Seems dez is on the fast track out of here if Hurns is signed which I doubt.
Where does it say we are still wanting Hurns? If we wanted him he wouldn't be in NY right now

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
To put it in perspective, this player now earns more in average salary than Zack Martin.

That's because Martin is on his rookie contract.

It's no different than saying Moncrief averages significantly more than Martin, too.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think they are trying to move Dez now. And that's why the Hurns deal hasn't been made yet. But they would prefer to get whatever they can for him vs just cutting him outright.
If they do this, they are basically guaranteeing themselves a spot in the division basement.

Prescott throwing to Williams, Thompson, Beasley and what a rookie?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Your a little late to the dance then.
If that's all it takes for you to jump ship, then you should have left when we signed Marco Rivera.
It was sarcasm....Ive lived thru Quincy Carter and Ryan Leaf and Jason Garrett and yet I remain. I think that should explain my loyalty

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He ran a 4.3 40 at his pro day. Ran a 10.47 100 in high school and a 6.8 60-meter for the Florida track team.

So McClay probably fascinated by his metrics.

They just seem obsessed with signing the unexpected guys and hoping that when it finally pays off they will appear as football savants. I just don't feel like we're a better team than the 9-7 team we were last year. Everyone participates and attempts to get better in the draft so that's a wash. Still holding out hope for an Earl Thomas move but as of now, not feeling great about the 2018 team.
They are trying to appear clever and it is just asinine.