Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Linval Joseph

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know as much as you do, I analyze what I hear and see, your analysis may be totally different, and I invite you to share your opinions.
Oh I have no idea what happened. I have a son who is allergic to milk but sometimes he ends up eating something with milk or dairy in it. I didn’t look much into the story because it seemed feasible. I guess I don’t get the point in lying?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We re looking at depth. No big deal, he comes in and plays on run plays, the offenses will know it, but hes a hulking boy. I like the move. At least Zimmer isnt sitting around. I dont know if it will on the overal project, but if it helps him churn the players and he cant cut those later that he wants to, im all for it. Ive never been solid on his defenses but i am sure hes learned a lot since his last stint in Dallas. Lets see what he does.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
$$$$$$$$$$$

It's always about the bottom line.
And possibly players like Joseph not wanting to go through training camp. Some of these older vets just prefer to sign right before the season. Joseph knows he's just a strong, fat man who eats up space, so I don't think he's particularly concerned with getting reacclimated to the game.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with Mazi. It is about the depth and rotation.

But dislike away.
With Phillips saying he's playing 3-tech, that would seem to be the case. Behind Mazi, we basically just had a seventh-round rookie. I had Huggins making the roster because I thought Phillips was brought in as an NT, but with what Phillips said and this acquisition, I think it will be:

1-tech: Mazi and Joseph
3:tech: Odighizuwa and Phillips
Practice squad: Rogers and Daxon
(It is possible we could also keep Huggins on the PS since Daxon doesn't count.)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With Phillips saying he's playing 3-tech, that would seem to be the case. Behind Mazi, we basically just had a seventh-round rookie. I had Huggins making the roster because I thought Phillips was brought in as an NT, but with what Phillips said and this acquisition, I think it will be:

1-tech: Mazi and Joseph
3:tech: Odighizuwa and Phillips
Practice squad: Rogers and Daxon
(It is possible we could also keep Huggins on the PS since Daxon doesn't count.)
Yeah I think people took Zimmers comments out of context. When he said we needed more bellies I think he was speaking rotational.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'd prefer 1st round picks to not be a bust, I can understand 1 DT but two? I'd be nervous. Draft status probably keeps him here 1 more year but he has to show improvement as the season progresses or he will be gone.
Three actually since Huggins was signed.

But the real question is, which do you prefer:

NT: Mazi and Joseph or NT Mazi and Rogets
DT: Odighizuwa and Fehoko or DT Odighizuwa and Phillips

I think the answer is pretty easy.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah I think people took Zimmers comments out of context. When he said we needed more bellies I think he was speaking rotational.
Other than Huggins in this last game (and maybe Daxon), I haven't seen much out of our potential rotational DTs. We've got to have players to put in there to keep the rotation fresh and I was nervous that those players would be Gray or Fehoko or Rogers or ...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Other than Huggins in this last game (and maybe Daxon), I haven't seen much out of our potential rotational DTs. We've got to have players to put in there to keep the rotation fresh and I was nervous that those players would be Gray or Fehoko or Rogers or ...
Yeah and to my knowledge I think Fehoko and Gholsron are defensive ends now. We literally had no backups so it makes sense.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Three actually since Huggins was signed.

But the real question is, which do you prefer:

NT: Mazi and Joseph or NT Mazi and Rogets
DT: Odighizuwa and Fehoko or DT Odighizuwa and Phillips

I think the answer is pretty easy.
Fehoko is back to DE

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the bonuses on the contract involve winning the Super Bowl it will be considered "likely to be earned" by the league and will count towards our cap.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Linval joined the Bills last year in week 9. He played about 35% of snaps as a backup each game from that point on.

6'4" and 329 LB. Turns 36 in October. Was stud but he's old, as most here know.

Ironically it was his run defense last year that led to particularly low PFF scores. Was decent in 2022, and had some great seasons earlier in his career.
He’s average at best at this point but what we need from him is to clog up the middle and take on blockers. I’m not sure PFF grades that highly if you do just that and not get many tackles yourself or much lateral movement. I think it is a good signing for what this team needs. To me the real winners of some of our recent moves are the LBers. We added a lot of beef and I think they are going to get a lot more clean looks than our LBers did last year and will be able to use their speed to run to the ball.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We re looking at depth. No big deal, he comes in and plays on run plays, the offenses will know it, but hes a hulking boy. I like the move. At least Zimmer isnt sitting around. I dont know if it will on the overal project, but if it helps him churn the players and he cant cut those later that he wants to, im all for it. Ive never been solid on his defenses but i am sure hes learned a lot since his last stint in Dallas. Lets see what he does.
Zimmer just wants tree stumps that will keep the linebackers clean to run to the ball on early downs. Joseph and Phillips are a lot of mass to move.