Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing S Jeron Johnson

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Johnson is a guy who was brought in to likely make the 53 and provide depth at S. But he's been out of football for a year and has been on a run of being cut by a few teams pretty quickly.

I don't believe either of the recent signings at safety will make the 53.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't believe either of the recent signings at safety will make the 53.

If Woods hamstring precludes him from being able to play Week 1, who is the 3rd safety? You surely aren't suggesting they will head to Carolina to play with only two active safeties on the roster, right?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Woods hamstring precludes him from being able to play Week 1, who is the 3rd safety? You surely aren't suggesting they will head to Carolina to play with only two active safeties on the roster, right?

No, it's the Tyree Robinson Hype Train man! Haven't you heard? It's already left the station and is picking up steam as we speak.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I have Tyree Robinson making the cut.

Reactions: CWR

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The play at the end of the year was also a bit skewed because we faced some terrible offenses like the Giants and then an Eagles team that benched their starters.

This was, at best, a mediocre secondary last year. They provided some hope with Richard coming in, Jones moving to CB and the belief Awuzie would develop. They took a risk at S bringing in no one in and thinking they could survive with Heath, Frazier and Woods, three guys who, frankly, are probably limited safeties.

And in the face of their starting FS going down with an injury that can linger long beyond what is the recovery time, they pass up a safety, who while not ideal, still is probably a lateral move that is insurance against a long problem with Woods.

Instead, they pull a guy who hasn't played football in a year, I guess, because he played with Richard in Seattle.

I am not sure how people can look at this situation and say, you know what, the Cowboys really handled this thing well.

Cowboys FO at their finest!

While Minnesota already has a good defense they even looked to improve that by signing Iloka.

This meme that "we like what we have" schtick is getting weak.

Just like when they said "anyone can run behind this oline."

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Source - Archer on BSPN.com

They got their Seattle S. Kinda makes ya wonder why they didn't go after ET with his former coach now DB coach. Perhaps Kris Richard saw some deficiency that we didn't or perhaps SJ was not gonna pay that kinda money. Either way the ET talk can be put to bed