Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we sign him with the idea of moving Collins back to LG...this also eliminates Will Hernandez at 19. I would be shocked if we chose a olineman at that point high.

Plankton

Reaction score
Fleming would be a good depth signing. Certainly wouldn't preclude them from pursuing options in the draft.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Well, that would give us a starting O-line of

Tyron-La'el-Frederick-Martin-Flemming

and *when* Tryron misses a game, Flemming likely switches to LT, and La'el goes to RT or does he stay at LG?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't hate this. He's been a part-time starter the last 4 years for the Patriots, and he's only 25.

Does anyone have his PFF grades from last year. I'd be curious to see why Patriots aren't working OT to keep him, especially after losing Nate Solder.

Fleming was the 24th ranked OT per PFF.

His pass blocking was 80.2 and his run blocking was 74.1

Collins was the 56th ranked OT per PFF.

His pass blocking was 47.1 and his run blocking was 57.9

Carson

Reaction score
If we sign him with the idea of moving Collins back to LG...this also eliminates Will Hernandez at 19. I would be shocked if we chose a olineman at that point high.

Ends up a double edged sword here.

If you sign him, you move Collins back to LG, but shore up the offensive line. Which IMO, we dominate again with Collins at LG. It also eliminates the need to draft OLine early. We can then draft WR, LB etc.

But it also means you miss out on a blue chip monster in Hernandez

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s going to be depth. He has starts under his belt. So it’s highly unlikely he is going to sign this early in free agency to be a back up. He was a part time starter in New England, so he’s likely looking to start.

New England lost Solder and they still want him back.

Likely means Collins back to LG.

Smith - Collins - Frederick - Martin - Fleming
Looks like a pretty good starting O-line on paper hope they get a deal done. This would mean no O-line early they could grab a guy like Greg Senat in the mid rounds for depth.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Meh, don't hate it; can't get excited about it either.
Honestly, I think it would be a solid signing. It's not a splash move by any stretch of the imagination but it certainly adds strength to the position group that this team going to have to rely on heavily if have any hope of Dak regaining form. Smart move if the FO can pull it off, IMHO.

skinsscalper

Reaction score

If you sign him, you move Collins back to LG, but shore up the offensive line. Which IMO, we dominate again with Collins at LG. It also eliminates the need to draft OLine early. We can then draft WR, LB etc.

If it were me it wouldn't preclude me from taking Hernandez at all. Take those animals on their rookie deals and in a worst case scenario our newly signed tackle prevents us from ever witnessing a Chaz Green vs. Atlanta again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I think it would be a solid signing. It's not a splash move by any stretch of the imagination but it certainly adds strength to the position group that this team going to have to rely on heavily if have any hope of Dak regaining form. Smart move if the FO can pull it off, IMHO.

Very solid signing.

And you hit the nail on the head, the RT position needs to be improved.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
With Tyron's iffy health situation, Fleming would serve as a nice contingency plan. The drop-off would still be great, but not nearly as bad as Byron Bell or Chaz Green were.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Get ready for the “honest offer” spin articles when he signs elsewhere

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Was it Fleming or Waddle that Graham blew through to get the strip sack of Brady?

Rayman70

Reaction score

Yup...damn lol...I really want Hernandez!