Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The whole OT position fell apart last season.

Tyron slipped to 20th in the league which was a big drop for him.

Collins was the 56th rated OT.

And then you had Bell and Green who were both awful.

Needless to say it's a big reason why Dak's play slipped.
I agree 100%. Tony's savvy and experience allowed him to play respectably under similar conditions for the majority of his career. Dak doesn't have any of that (yet). If we expect this kid to thrive we've got to keep the "footsteps" out of his thought process. The ONLY chance we've got is to keep that O-line dominant (for Zeke's sake also).

Don't get me wrong, we have deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball, also, but we have zero chance if we don't keep the O humming.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The FO/mCclay would really redeem themselves IMO,if we can bag this guy. It would show that we have a plan of attack...method to the madness.I can buy into this move all the way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure Collins would be down with another move. The whole agreement with him coming here was for an opportunity to play tackle. He's going to want that tackle money one day.
rightfully so he just struggled to get the RT form down and at years end he was playing well despite the back flaring up..he needs to stay..get a swing tackle and if Tyrone goes down for an extended peiod than move Collins to Left and the swing to RT for long term only..

Rayman70

Reaction score
IMO..Collins is and forever ought to remain a guard...a stud of a guard,but not a starting caliber RT. Great to know he has the versatility to be a swing tackle,but not a starter. Plug him in at LG and leave him be for the next 10 years.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100%. Tony's savvy and experience allowed him to play respectably under similar conditions for the majority of his career. Dak doesn't have any of that (yet). If we expect this kid to thrive we've got to keep the "footsteps" out of his thought process. The ONLY chance we've got is to keep that O-line dominant (for Zeke's sake also).

Don't get me wrong, we have deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball, also, but we have zero chance if we don't keep the O humming.

Cooper was the 35th rated guard, which combined with the bad ranking of Collins, the fall off of Tyron and the disaster guys behind him... Yeah the OL needs improvement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cooper was the 35th rated guard, which combined with the bad ranking of Collins, the fall off of Tyron and the disaster guys behind him... Yeah the OL needs improvement.
If we sign this Fleming kid,it goes to prove your point. It would mean the FO is very aware of this and aims to fix it fast.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Losing Leary and Free hurt a lot more than people thought it would. I knew we wouldn't be able to keep Leary because that dude was gonna get PAID. And, though Free wasn't a marquee player the loss of his leadership on that line hurt us as a whole regardless of what the troglodytes would have us believe.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we're dealing in semantics, I don't think that they're one and the same. Another example of a guy that is a great athlete but doesn't have the footwork is Dez Bryant.

I don't think Dez is a great athlete either cos he's not fast... LOL!

But whatever.

John813

Reaction score
Fine with it. Collins moving back to guard isn't that bad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Losing Leary and Free hurt a lot more than people thought it would. I knew we wouldn't be able to keep Leary because that dude was gonna get PAID. And, though Free wasn't a marquee player the loss of his leadership on that line hurt us as a whole regardless of what the troglodytes would have us believe.
Big time it hurt. Free never gets the Kudos he deserved,but we sure missed him last year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Leary was a loss... Just wasn't affordable.

And Free was better than what many thought.

Techsass

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate this. He's been a part-time starter the last 4 years for the Patriots, and he's only 25.

Does anyone have his PFF grades from last year. I'd be curious to see why Patriots aren't working OT to keep him, especially after losing Nate Solder.
The XLII threw me. I thought we were talking about a 10+ year veteran. Why is he already a free agent, if he's only 25?

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm going to just throw this out there, Mike. You do with it what you wish. Maybe if a ranking is telling you Cooper is a better G than Collins is a T in relation to their peers those rankings might be dog crap.

waldoputty

Reaction score
fleming started at rt for a few games after starter was hurt. in fact i think he was 3rd string but the backup got hurt. he also played lt one game and did well. are pats ot's system players?
thought collins played better and better as he got used to rt? collins was lt in college was projected to be good rt in pros.
now people are saying we miss free??? i guess we did find one player who is worse - green.

tm1119

Reaction score
Only thing I question is his LT ability, was even strictly a RT in college. But as long as he can do it adequately I’d be all for it.

Add Flemming and then add Bowman/Minter for MLB and 1 of Boston/Burnett/Parker for S and I’d be a happy fan.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only thing I question is his LT ability, was even strictly a RT in college. But as long as he can do it adequately I’d be all for it.

Add Flemming and then add Bowman/Minter for MLB and 1 of Boston/Burnett/Parker for S and I’d be a happy fan.

You are easily pleased.