Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

Carson

Reaction score
Get ready for the “honest offer” spin articles when he signs elsewhere

Well, he’s schedule to be here Monday and Tuesday.

My $$$ is we get the deal done or he hops on a flight and resigns with New England for super cheap

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it were me it wouldn't preclude me from taking Hernandez at all. Take those animals on their rookie deals and in a worst case scenario our newly signed tackle prevents us from ever witnessing a Chaz Green vs. Atlanta again.

The whole OT position fell apart last season.

Tyron slipped to 20th in the league which was a big drop for him.

Collins was the 56th rated OT.

And then you had Bell and Green who were both awful.

Needless to say it's a big reason why Dak's play slipped.

Section446

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a bad fit from a depth standpoint, not sure where he'd fit in on the OL though, unless they want to move Collins.

Section446

Reaction score
The whole OT position fell apart last season.

Tyron slipped to 20th in the league which was a big drop for him.

Collins was the 56th rated OT.

And then you had Bell and Green who were both awful.

Needless to say it's a big reason why Dak's play slipped.
Didn't know that, but it's not surprising, Collins has been pretty bad overall since getting here. He's had some pretty exciting plays, but he's been rough.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't know that, but it's not surprising, Collins has been pretty bad overall since getting here. He's had some pretty exciting plays, but he's been rough.

There were several that said prior to the move of Collins to RT that he wasn't a good enough athlete to play OT in the NFL. His 2017 season proved the point.

Section446

Reaction score
Is he good enough to move Collins though? That is the real question.
Honestly, only watched NE five times last year (including the SB), but I liked the guy. I'm with you, I think that Collins is better suited as a Guard then a Tackle, which is wild because the guy is a great athlete. I think that Fleming could fill a pretty big position of need, and would eliminate the need to draft an OL in the first couple of rounds. Hopefully, this will be an addition by subtraction move, and we can move on from Green.

Carson

Reaction score
This Fleming kid is 25,tons of game experience...stays on the field,and has played at a high level. We need to sign him...he is an under the radar nice pick up for the offense if we get him. He has been quietly good for a while now.

He won’t break the bank either.

Like I said earlier, he is going to sign here or go back to New England for a team friendly deal.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Fleming kid is 25,tons of game experience...stays on the field,and has played at a high level. We need to sign him...he is an under the radar nice pick up for the offense if we get him. He has been quietly good for a while now.

Agreed.

This guy is better than Pugh.

Section446

Reaction score
There were several that said prior to the move of Collins to RT that he wasn't a good enough athlete to play OT in the NFL. His 2017 season proved the point.
I disagree with the part about him not being a good enough athlete, I think that we've seen his athleticism in some of those splash plays he's made. I just don't know that he has the footwork to be a good OT.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree with the part about him not being a good enough athlete, I think that we've seen his athleticism in some of those splash plays he's made. I just don't know that he has the footwork to be a good OT.

Well footwork is part of the package.

But regardless he's not a RT... At least not at an acceptable level.