Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
this is crazy there have been no updates on this....i mean is he even in texas anymore? did he sleep at jerry's house?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then add Thomas' $2MM for two years and give Fleming that $6-7MM a year for two years.

This is the concept they don't get. They think it's smarter to spread what money they have in FA around to a bunch of low level slop than sign a couple of key, mid-level guys that have a greater chance of actually helping the team.

I don't think you are getting the fact that they wouldn't want to pay Fleming $6-7MM a year no matter if they didn't sign anyone else. They believe that's overpaying. (And again, I'm just using that figure as a point of reference not knowing how much exactly they are willing to pay.)

The Thomas signing has nothing to do with what they are willing to pay Fleming because they could easily pay him $10 million or more per year based on the structure of the contract. The smaller contracts Dallas hands out have no effect on the bigger contracts they are not willing to hand out.

Would I rather they be willing to take the money they paid Thomas and say let's add that to our limit for Fleming? You bet. But it's not the way they look at it. They simply look at it as overpaying for the player.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think you are getting the fact that they wouldn't want to pay Fleming $6-7MM a year no matter if they didn't sign anyone else. They believe that's overpaying. (And again, I'm just using that figure as a point of reference not knowing how much exactly they are willing to pay.)

The Thomas signing has nothing to do with what they are willing to pay Fleming because they could easily pay him $10 million or more per year based on the structure of the contract. The smaller contracts Dallas hands out have no effect on the bigger contracts they are not willing to hand out.

Would I rather they be willing to take the money they paid Thomas and say let's add that to our limit for Fleming? You bet. But it's not the way they look at it. They simply look at it as overpaying for the player.

The way they look at it is idiotic, especially when it's a short term contract. I mean I got not wanting to lock yourself into a 6 year deal where you are overpaying someone.

But a couple of million on a short term deal to fill a key hole and the "penalty" for doing that is not being able to sign a backup LB? The fact they can't/won't make that trade off shows how they still don't understand FA.

LittleD

Reaction score
I meant the fanbase rethinking their loyalty in general. Not the fan boards.

Doesn't matter corporate suites keep selling conducting bidness and your peeps are buying season tickets and eating his stadium foods.

waldoputty

Reaction score
And Jerry's bank account just keeps climbing.

i think jerry wants to win, but i think he has trouble firing people, whether player or coach.
that $10-$20 million extra simply is chicken-scratch compared to their ~$700m revenues.

LittleD

Reaction score
the question is are the message boards an accurate statistical sampling of fan sentiment.
btb comments were quite negative on thomas also, and btb is mostly a homer board.

Not as long as season tickets keep flying off the shelves.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Not as long as season tickets keep flying off the shelves.

not sure about that, as we are still on the board and we are pissed.
a bad sign revenue wise would be if cz went silent due to lack of interest

LittleD

Reaction score
i think jerry wants to win, but i think he has trouble firing people, whether player or coach.
that $10-$20 million extra simply is chicken-scratch compared to their ~$700m revenues.

His selection and fawning over the Clapper proves he doesn't care about winning.

LittleD

Reaction score
not sure about that, as we are still on the board and we are pissed.
a bad sign revenue wise would be if cz went silent due to lack of interest

Jerry has Dak and Zeke. The dynamic duo will fill the stadium.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
His selection and fawning over the Clapper proves he doesn't care about winning.
and keeping himself as GM. heck, he even said he wouldn't keep a GM if they had a record like his. So his mentality is " I know I suck as a GM, but I'm going to keep trying". Yep, his #1 goal is winning.....NOT.

LittleD

Reaction score
Oh, well then winning.

Maybe we can hang up a banner in the art museum with his net worth on it.

Go Cowboys!

His Cowboy empire is now valued at 5-6 billion and the Star complex is just starting to explode.
Jerry for Texas Governor.

LittleD

Reaction score
and keeping himself as GM. heck, he even said he wouldn't keep a GM if they had a record like his. So his mentality is " I know I suck as a GM, but I'm going to keep trying". Yep, his #1 goal is winning.....NOT.

When you are a king and have throngs of minions to behead. You can do most anything you like. Money is still pouring in and he's
laughing all the way to his banks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Without question Jerry wants to win, but having an ego that drives him to have to win under his own terms is constantly in his way

waldoputty

Reaction score
Without question Jerry wants to win, but having an ego that drives him to have to win under his own terms is constantly in his way

I think Jerry is too loyal to people who he gets used to. Whether it is Garrett, Marinelli or players that get in trouble.