Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

canters

Reaction score
I guess he fell into a hole, was kidnapped by JJ, or is othwise MIA. He location is closely guarded I assume.

Sydla

Reaction score
It will be amazing if they come out of FA with basically no one at OL given their needs at LG and having a decently reliable vet OT to back up the OTs.

If it's a money thing for a guy like Fleming, it would have made more sense to give him a little more than bring in a guy like Joe Thomas for what he got.

canters

Reaction score
It will be amazing if they come out of FA with basically no one at OL given their needs at LG and having a decently reliable vet OT to back up the OTs.

If it's a money thing for a guy like Fleming, it would have made more sense to give him a little more than bring in a guy like Joe Thomas for what he got.
If our money is so tight we can’t afford a non-starting swing tackle who has some playing experience, we are in a depressing place.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I was actually thinking that very same thing. If I remember correctly, they dinthat way back when when they signed several at once. Marco Rivera might have been one of that group, but not sure.
Or maybe they are just still on vacation? I mean why bother with your 6 billion dollar plaything when you know you have a license to print money.

Sydla

Reaction score
If our money is so tight we can’t afford a non-starting swing tackle who has some playing experience, we are in a depressing place.

I still chuckle that given all our needs in our starting 22, finding a backup LB was one of our top priorities. LOL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet we line up like people at Krispy Kreme as soon as anything cowboys comes on TV. Im starting to think, and I mean this literally. WE may be the problem.

I continue to rethink my own devotion and the time I invest.

LittleD

Reaction score
The quicker that becomes enough to effect Jerry's bottom line. The sooner we see change.

Nothing said on this board or the other boards will affect anything the Dallas FO does. They don't have much good to say about these fan
boards and think we are a horde of buffoons.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That vacation last week was a show of how much they care about our devotion. If they keep this up this offseason I may have to turn in my fan card.

It truly is a slap in the face to their fanbase. The people that made them and keep them rich. A "let them eat cake" type of move.

I don't care what the accuse is, it's a terrible look to go on your family vacation the first week of free agency. There are a few can't miss periods in an NFL calendar, and that's one.

Spare me the cellphone, internet nonsense, it's a bad look.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing said on this board or the other boards will affect anything the Dallas FO does. They don't have much good to say about these fan

Well, these "buffoons" pay all of their salaries.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It's not being unable to afford him. When Travis Frederick signed his six-year, $56 million contract, he made barely more than $2 million his first year. Fleming is not going to receive that big of a deal from anyone.

It's likely the Joneses don't want to give him a contract that averages more than around $4 million a year while Fleming is looking for closer to $6 million or $7 million to be a starter.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But this is coming from walking clusterbleeps of the last two decades. Their arrogance is ignorance. Nothing more.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I meant the fanbase rethinking their loyalty in general. Not the fan boards.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not being unable to afford him. When Travis Frederick signed his six-year, $56 million contract, he made barely more than $2 million his first year. Fleming is not going to receive that big of a deal from anyone.

It's likely the Joneses don't want to give him a contract that averages more than around $4 million a year while Fleming is looking for closer to $6 million or $7 million to be a starter.

Then add Thomas' $2MM for two years and give Fleming that $6-7MM a year for two years.

This is the concept they don't get. They think it's smarter to spread what money they have in FA around to a bunch of low level slop than sign a couple of key, mid-level guys that have a greater chance of actually helping the team.

waldoputty

Reaction score

the question is are the message boards an accurate statistical sampling of fan sentiment.
btb comments were quite negative on thomas also, and btb is mostly a homer board.