News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

blueblood70

Reaction score
Going to multiple Superbowls gives you a pass.

Hell Jimmy g stats are terrible yet he's likely going to another Superbowl and he too will be given more leeway. If Daks wants the benefit of any doubt he needs to win a playoff game. True nobody does it by themselves but the excuses are over, he's had enough help on offense to get it done but hasn't.
HIS TEAM is for sure yup TEAM but rams won and he threw a pick to end it so nope

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HIS TEAM is for sure yup TEAM but rams won and he threw a pick to end it so nope

True but the point remains. His stats still suck but he's gone farther than Dak who collects stats but can't win a playoff game. 2 opposites

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
True but the point remains. His stats still suck but he's gone farther than Dak who collects stats but can't win a playoff game. 2 opposites
If Dak had the same stats and the team had 14 less penalties... do you think we would have won that game?

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

The Niners were able to win because of running game and defense. People think if you pay for a qb then the rest of the roster doesn't matter. Garropollo also the highest paid qb in the league when he signed his deal. Touting the Niners success and attributing it to Garropollo while saying the Cowboys shouldn't have paid Dak doesn't make sense to me.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't really like restructuring and kicking the can down the road but you have to do it in this case. Honestly it really does not matter with Dak because if you replace him in 2-3 years you are most likely doing it with a rookie whose cap figure won't be that big. You have made your bed with Dak, for better or worse. I hope they don't restructure Lawrence though, I want him gone in 2023.

I mean honestly if you had a defense that played like the Rams and Green Bay, you have a chance to beat San Fran no matter how bad Dak was playing, and he was bad!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Niners were able to win because of running game and defense. People think if you pay for a qb then the rest of the roster doesn't matter. Garropollo also the highest paid qb in the league when he signed his deal. Touting the Niners success and attributing it to Garropollo while saying the Cowboys shouldn't have paid Dak doesn't make sense to me.

The truth is overpaying for a guy like that only really matters because of how Steven Jones chooses to build rosters. Because of that Steven uses dax contract and other contracts as a way of saying he doesn't want to be like the Rams and kind of go for it give up pics kind of overpay for rental players who will step in and help the team because he's not willing to do those things he says he's up against the cap which we know he can make room if he wants to but those are his excuses because of how he builds the roster that's contract will hold them back when in reality it doesn't have to hold anybody back because they can flip the switches like they're going to do this off season they can do things to still give them room and ability to acquire talent. In this way two things are absolutely true there is a cap but there are also ways we can move money around to mitigate that same cap if they choose to Steven just chooses not to most of the time.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Since you didn't actually answer the question, I can only assume your real answer would contradict your prior statements.

To answer your fantasy question yeah if everything lined up that could possibly still win a game but everything didn't line up that still loses he had the weapons to advance he couldn't get the job done those are the facts

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
It was expected because as long as Dak keeps the Cowboys relevant on TV, JJ would want to keep him.

Winning with him is just a bonus.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
To answer your fantasy question yeah if everything lined up that could possibly still win a game but everything didn't line up that still loses he had the weapons to advance he couldn't get the job done those are the facts
So you soley blame a qb for not overcoming 14 penalties in a game? Interesting.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Kick that can!
:facepalm:

(He's presently scheduled for "zero'' salary in the final year of his contract, when he's 33. This move will change that.)

‘Change that’. As in add even more to the $13.2 million they will already be paying in 2025 to not even have him under contract.

The team just digs those holes deeper and deeper.
its pushing money into the future..... almost every team does that and every team has dead cap money they deal with every year.....its the way of NFL...I wouldn't worry so much about something that hasn't happened and will not happen for a few years.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The 49's paid Jimmy G, managed to get a SB appearance out of him then drafted his replacement after the third year of his five year contract. He very likely won't finish that original five year deal with the 49's.

Rams... Goff.... very similar.

We do things different here in big D.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Too late for that.

I suggested getting Tom Brady on a 2 year deal and letting Dak walk.. We’d be sitting nice right now.

I don’t know what this team is going to do really lol. They need a Super team to compete with all these juggernaut QBs. Luckily a lot of them play in the AFC.
you assume Brady would have come here....that would be the wrong assumption.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The 49's paid Jimmy G, managed to get a SB appearance out of him then drafted his replacement after the third year of his five year contract. He very likely won't finish that original five year deal with the 49's.

Rams... Goff.... very similar.

We do things different here in big D.
they went through a rough year to end up with top 5 pick.....they had tons of injuries.