Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Absolutely.

Behind this OL and with this running game..

Sanchez could rediscover his career.

He has the arm and he is not afraid to run if necessaey..

and he has played well in the playoffs before.

This is a gift.

Kudos for Dallas being patient.

Now we know why the Scandic restructure was done.

Good for us.

This is a strong QB lineup once Romo gets well.

Dallas has learned from last year with the rebuilding at QB and RB.

Thank goodness. .
This is what I am hoping for, should he be forced into action.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Sanchez is better than the Giants' backup QB Nassib, quite possibly better than any QB on the Eagles roster, and better than Colt McCoy. So, we quite possibly have the best backup QB in the NFC East and people are complaining!

Much like people who complained about the LBs until others pointed out that the Cowboy LB corps is most likely better than any other NFC East LB group.

Big D

Reaction score
You don't need a full cast to see Showers still doesn't have the basics down. He doesn't step up in the pocket. His footwork is jumpy. He throws high and late.
lol what pocket? The guys been playing with scrubs he's under attack the whole time.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Sanchez is better than the Giants' backup QB Nassib, quite possibly better than any QB on the Eagles roster, and better than Colt McCoy. So, we quite possibly have the best backup QB in the NFC East and people are complaining!

Much like people who complained about the LBs until others pointed out that the Cowboy LB corps is most likely better than any other NFC East LB group.

I don't think it's the Sanchez signing by itself that is pissing people off...It is the front office. They failed to adequately address the backup QB last year-- then lucked into Dak this year. I think people are sick and tired of an incompetent GM and staff that fail to fill holes on this roster.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Fair enough, but we'll see. Sanchez didn't pan out in New York, Philthy, and now Denver - despite the successes you've noted. He couldn't beat out some dude named Semian and a rook, yet you expect him to play? Short of Dak getting injured, Sanchez will have headsets on and a clipboard.

Denver is looking for the answer and Sanchez is not a developmental prospect. Philly is in the same boat.

We have Romo and Dak. It's a different circumstance.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't think it's the Sanchez signing by itself that is pissing people off...It is the front office. They failed to adequately address the backup QB last year-- then lucked into Dak this year. I think people are sick and tired of an incompetent GM and staff that fail to fill holes on this roster.

Lucked? They drafted and developed him.

People are just malcontents and cannot handle the uncertain without melting down.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Fair enough, but we'll see. Sanchez didn't pan out in New York, Philthy, and now Denver - despite the successes you've noted. He couldn't beat out some dude named Semian and a rook, yet you expect him to play? Short of Dak getting injured, Sanchez will have headsets on and a clipboard.
I didn't say he's going to beat anybody out... they've already I think said he will backup Dak. They just aren't going to let Dak stink his way though an Elway, Aikman, Bortles, or Alex Smith like rookie year (all turned out to be good pros, but were horrifically bad rookies). They will bring in Sanchez and quickly get him ready to start, and if Dak struggles he is going to go sit down. I suspect Dak will get the exact same leash that Weeden got. Garrett has too many veterans to look in the eye to let a 4th round pick flush the season down the can with on the job training.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Ughhhh I HATE THIS DUDE...

comeon Jones??? all this guys is going to do is complain that he is playing behind a rookie all day long WAY TO GO ,.,......wow

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'd much rather sign Sanchez as a free agent than trade a 1st and conditional pick for Bradford!!

If Dallas talked to a qb the right way. SIt them down say to them, "listen you ll get a nice pay check, if Dak works out, dont worry we ll play him til he breaks too, if the game is out of reach we wont even pull him until hes injured. Now even when Romo comes back, hes going to get injured again, we play him until someone kills him. So you ll still have a job. You just have to wait til we play Dak til he dies and you are up"

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Looks like the other 31 GM are incompetent for not taking Dak. How about those GMs in Philly and Minny. Real competence there? Trade the farm to draft Wentz, who may not even be able to play in this league and have Chase Daniel back him up. Awesome plan there. And Awesome plan by the Minny GM giving up a 1st for Bradford. I guess there backup plans didn't quite work out.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm good with this. Glad Dallas stayed patient instead of getting talked out of picks from Denver. There wasn't a more solid QB out there. Be happy fans!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak goes down I'd at least be curious to see what he can do yes. But again, I don't see Dak coming off the field until Romo returns.

I sure as hell wouldn't be curious especially not in a regular season game, I saw what he could do in preseason...nothing! Sounds like some of you miss the days of Anthony Wright.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
we wouldn't trade for him because he had a 4.5m salary ....... it will interesting to see what we signed him for..... I could see 2/6m

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Lucked? They drafted and developed him.

People are just malcontents and cannot handle the uncertain without melting down.

They tried to trade up for Lynch. And failed. Then they tried to trade up for Cook. And failed.

Yah-- I would say that luck played a part in Prescott winding up in Dallas.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Looks like the other 31 GM are incompetent for not taking Dak. How about those GMs in Philly and Minny. Real competence there? Trade the farm to draft Wentz, who may not even be able to play in this league and have Chase Daniel back him up. Awesome plan there. And Awesome plan by the Minny GM giving up a 1st for Bradford. I guess there backup plans didn't quite work out.

Dak, like all Qbs dont work on every team. We dont even know if Dak is having success behind the so called "best OL" in the game. So there is still a lot to wait for.

Gabe

Reaction score
I didn't say he's going to beat anybody out... they've already I think said he will backup Dak. They just aren't going to let Dak stink his way though an Elway, Aikman, Bortles, or Alex Smith like rookie year (all turned out to be good pros, but were horrifically bad rookies). They will bring in Sanchez and quickly get him ready to start, and if Dak struggles he is going to go sit down. I suspect Dak will get the exact same leash that Weeden got. Garrett has too many veterans to look in the eye to let a 4th round pick flush the season down the can with on the job training.
Sorry, but the vets on this team and the national media are on the Dak train. It is his job until he is done playing. Romo cannot finish a game, and I highly doubt Dez, Witten, etc... Will be demanding Sanchez to play anytime soon over Dak. Just a little bit of wishful thinking by some Romo fans. Unlike them, I just want Dallas to win!

Anyone with half a brain can see Dak gives them their best chance.