Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Quickly as in 6-7 games. Sadly for Romo fans, Dak will not struggle with this wealth of talent around him. Sanchez is an insurance policy in case Dak gets hurt, and a pretty good one at that. Romo obviously cannot finish a game anymore. Again, very good backup for Dak going forward.
I'm sure you were quite the Nostradamus at the reject Cowboys forum you migrated from... can you get the next Powerball numbers for me while you're at it?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not only did you ignore reality, it makes no sense.

Fine, you don't like Moore. He only played the best out of the backup QBs Dallas trotted out.

When was this magical time Dallas had to bring in QB's? The off season? Who, pray tell, were these QBs?

Brock Osweiler? 17m a year, and wasn't going to be a backup.

Robert Griffin III? Ryan Fitzpatrick? Johnny Manziel?

Payton Manning????

Everyone willing to be a backup was average at best.

And did they ignore the position in drafting Dak? Attempting to move up for Lynch?

Hindsight is always a *****. You can always look back and state they should do more.

Who would you have brought in, if you were magically made the GM?

Weeden. The answer is always Weeden. Jerry never saw a better thrown ball, gushed about it constantly. Garrett, Linehan and Wade Wilson praised his progress and improvement ad nauseum all through camp and pre season, including early in the regular season. Weeden is the real deal. The FO and Coaches all swore he was a steal and would surprise EVERYONE.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Better than Weeden and Cassel and didn't cost us a draft pick. I would've liked Showers to have shown us something, but that didn't happen. Austin Davis wanted more money/guarantees than the FO felt comfortable with. Aaron Murray was going to be a project, not someone to throw on the field with no TC. Meh...we could have done worse than Sanchez. Hopefully, Dak doesn't get injured until Romo returns and we don't have to use Buttfumble.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Sanchez is a pro. He was looking good in NY early on, driving the bus, protecting the ball....and then they dismantled that team and he had to throw a lot with crap for receivers. He's been a pro with the right attitude everywhere he's been. A team like Dallas with an OL, RBs, and reliables WR and TE....that's perfect for him.

He will be a solid backup....remember, we are now playing with QBs # 3 & 4. He will be good in the QB room; he will support Dak, and he will be a solid backup with a lot of experience, more playoff experience than Romo (no, that's not a comparison, just a fact), and lots of tread left.

Cost us no draft picks...it's perfect.

chagus

Reaction score
He's a veteran that can drive the bus and possibly do well given the potential of this offense. Solid signing IMO.

Satchel89

Reaction score
So of all the QB's that are available, This is who they get. I can't stand him. I understand that there's not a whole lot to choose from but this guy is the worst. Dak please stay healthy. That's ok though. Sanchez can sit on the bench with the 2 Smith fullbacks who really aren't fullbacks.

Gabe

Reaction score
Player haters are irritating. Not everyone thinks as you do. Some people cheer for the team.
For the record, I want Dak to win and I would like nothing more than for Dallas to win MANY Super Bowls with him. Romo doesn't have the ability to take them there. Never has, and obviously at this point never will. Dak CLEARLY is their best option and needs a good reliable backup just in case.

After almost 20 years of mediocrity, it is finally time to get this done again!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Looks like Denver is just like the Rams and their coveted rookie qb will hold someone's water as the 3rd string qb.

Carson

Reaction score
So of all the QB's that are available, This is who they get. I can't stand him. I understand that there's not a whole lot to choose from but this guy is the worst. Dak please stay healthy. That's ok though. Sanchez can sit on the bench with the 2 Smith fullbacks who really aren't fullbacks.

Who else is out there?

Austin Davis was not the answer and Aaron Murray is a project with a weak arm.

He will be here one season and gone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We finally have aQB whose been to a championship game.Sorry , had to say it.

But what a great pick up with NFL experience regardless whether we like him or not.

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score

Carson

Reaction score

But what a great pick up off waivers with NFL experience regardless whether we like him or not.

Agreed.

Sanchez is 29. Been a bus driver before, won't cost much. Has won in this league and in the playoffs.

Austin Davis is 27 and hasn't done squat outside of a big game against us.

But people are mad at this?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

But what a great pick up off waivers with NFL experience regardless whether we like him or not.

he is not off waivers and your first comment is beyond foolish.