Cowboys to sign Sanchez

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes where?
Ok
You say Romo is done.
I assume that means you think when he returns he will not start again this year or ever...for any team?

You can name your bet. PM me if it's cash based.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Perhaps but the kids been on the team for 3yrs already. Why not give him a shot? And we're not even guaranteeing him any playing time because I doubt Dak relinquishes his spot that easily. That just tells me either the staff either thinks he's no good or has no faith in what they've taught him.

He's been with his two years and didn't show anything in training camp or preseason to deserve a shot. If Dak where to go down you would feel comfortable with Showers as the starter? o_O

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

Cowboys may be in hot water with league for signing Sanchez before NFL issued official transaction report for the day, source tells PFT.
But how can that be? I thought the report would be released at 4pm EST? It is 5:09pm out here - we should be good.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Cowboys may be in hot water with league for signing Sanchez before NFL issued official transaction report for the day, source tells PFT.

Dallas is always in hot water with the NFL/ John Mara. He's probably mad he didn't get a chance at Sanchez.

Reactions: BAT

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
*** if that's true, what are the Cowboys' lawyers doing? If there was a possible repercussion they should've quadruple checked before doing anything.

I hope this league doesnt freaking take draft picks from us again

DFWJC

Reaction score

They better not be. Talk about bozos if they are.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
We've yet to see showers play with a full cast so I don't put too much stock on what he did with a team full of soon to be cuts and again, I lean towards believing that Prescott can remain upright until Romo gets back. If we get to the point where Showers has to play then so be it the season is gone anyway. Sanchez will not save our season.

You don't need a full cast to see Showers still doesn't have the basics down. He doesn't step up in the pocket. His footwork is jumpy. He throws high and late.

Donhyphen

Reaction score
Lol I didn't say any of that. What I said is that he is done. He will not take Days job. Yes I said it. Romo is a geek. Dak is a leader. Let me know where to put the money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don't need a full cast to see Showers still doesn't have the basics down. He doesn't step up in the pocket. His footwork is jumpy. He throws high and late.

That pretty much nails it.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is as good as we could hope for considering the situation we're asking the incoming QB to accept,,, good move.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/09/03/cowboys-acquire-veteran-qb-sanchez-expected

Saturday, September 03, 2016 3:24 PM CDT
eatmathumb2_051413.jpg

By Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@nickeatman

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
You mean a guy who has played in 6 playoff games would never start over a 4th round rookie drafted as a project, who is still learning how to play under center and that the team did not even want to see the field in 2016? Ok.

I know we have a lot of crazy people in here chiseling Dak's Hall of Fame bust already, but there is a very real, very good chance he could struggle mightily like most rookies. They are not going to just flush the season, for his and the team's own good he would be benched. There is a very real chance Sanchez will start games here. The first guy always gets the quick hook.

Fair enough, but we'll see. Sanchez didn't pan out in New York, Philthy, and now Denver - despite the successes you've noted. He couldn't beat out some dude named Semian and a rook, yet you expect him to play? Short of Dak getting injured, Sanchez will have headsets on and a clipboard.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
To those against this move, are you kidding? We could do way worse for a backup.
Absolutely.

Behind this OL and with this running game..

Sanchez could rediscover his career.

He has the arm and he is not afraid to run if necessaey..

and he has played well in the playoffs before.

This is a gift.

Kudos for Dallas being patient.

Now we know why the Scandic restructure was done.

Good for us.

This is a strong QB lineup once Romo gets well.

Dallas has learned from last year with the rebuilding at QB and RB.

Thank goodness. .

Big D

Reaction score
He's been with his two years and didn't show anything in training camp or preseason to deserve a shot. If Dak where to go down you would feel comfortable with Showers as the starter? o_O
If Dak goes down I'd at least be curious to see what he can do yes. But again, I don't see Dak coming off the field until Romo returns.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
What more is Dallas supposed to do? The 1st and 2nd string QB are out. The 3rd string/ rookie is now starting. What additional playtime could he get, unless this is just a backhanded slap at Romo.

Andy name a team that doesn't let the starter take every possible snap, outside of preseason. How many snaps does Brady's backup normally get?
Rodgers?
Manning?
Wilson?

Anyone with a legitimate starting QB?

I don't get the complaint that Dallas did not have a legitimate, prepared, experienced 4th string QB. What you advocate doesn't exist.

Other teams have different qbs, that also dont play certain teams like we do. Can Rodgers play if hes hurt? Yes, the team adjusts their play calling but he has done it.
What does Dallas do, bank on Romos health, so when Dallas has to play the Eagles to get into the playoffs what happened? Our vet back up wasnt ready. Great planning.
No, does Romo, well, if evidence isnt enough for you, just sign up to be on the Dallas FO because its just goign to keep eluding you.

Manning played SB injured and won, ok due to a defense, but Dallas doesnt have that luxury.

Dallas had plenty of time to bring in enough QBs and have them at least evaluated . Did they do that, no, they again gambled on Romos health. How did that work out? How fast did that play out?

Take a look at successful teams that gauge the health of their qb and have a solid vet or back up ready to go. Does Dallas? No, they were banking on noodle arm Kellen Moore. If he doesnt get injured, this is the guy they were banking to back up a ready to be injured Romo, again looking at the evidence and saying "dont worry we got this" can you imagine the melt down if that happened?

http://www.mensjournal.com/adventur...erbacks-more-important-now-than-ever-20141113

And when your QB is an injury ready to happen, its even more important. If Dak goes down, its season over any way. Dallas is gambling again, this time knowing the outcome and still ignoring it.

Last edited: