Cowboys to sign Sanchez

TheHerd

Reaction score
I love when people point to Sanchez and playoffs. He made the playoffs his first two years with qb ratings of 63 and 75. Hate to break it to everyone, but that ain't happening here. Our defense is just **slightly** worse than those Jets teams.

If Sanchez plays, Dallas will lose. Same as Showers. So I don't buy the "we need a veteran" crap. Accept that the FO screwed the pooch, and hope Dak somehow avoids the odds. This is a PR move by the FO to try to convince us they aren't incompetent. It's far too late to believe that, for me anyway.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I love when people point to Sanchez and playoffs. He made the playoffs his first two years with qb ratings of 63 and 75. Hate to break it to everyone, but that ain't happening here. Our defense is just **slightly** worse than those Jets teams.

If Sanchez plays, Dallas will lose. Same as Showers. So I don't buy the "we need a veteran" crap. Accept that the FO screwed the pooch, and hope Dak somehow avoids the odds. This is a PR move by the FO to try to convince us they aren't incompetent. It's far too late to believe that, for me anyway.

I am not buying this at all. In my opinion Jeff Hostetler is way better than jim kelly, warren moon, dan fouts, dan marino.

He won a super bowl. Just him. Did it all by himself.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Dak, like all Qbs dont work on every team. We dont even know if Dak is having success behind the so called "best OL" in the game. So there is still a lot to wait for.

Yeah, people have to wait to label something that potentially looks good the front office does a success but can immediately claim failure for those that look suspect before a play is ever run.:D

Reaction score

I agree that FO dropped the ball. But who else could/should we have picked up (without giving up a draft pick) ?

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what the naysayers would have done? Who would you have pursued in the offseason? Who would you have drafted? How much money would you have spent?

This is a very good move this late in the offseason.

boyzfan1972

Reaction score
sanchez i a great pick up, i dont know why most of you cant see it. the guy should be a good back up, let us watch him with this team first and then we can judge.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Other teams have different qbs, that also dont play certain teams like we do. So Rodgers going down and Dallas has to play the Eagles to get into the playoffs and lo and behold their back up isnt ready for that game. Is Wilson older and needs a back up qb? No, does Romo, well, if evidence isnt enough for you, just sign up to be on the Dallas FO because its just goign to keep eluding you.

Dallas had plenty of time to bring in enough QBs and have them at least evaluated . Did they do that, no, they again gambled on Romos health. How did that work out? How fast did that play out?

Take a look at successful teams that gauge the health of their qb and have a solid vet or back up ready to go. Does Dallas? No, they were banking on noodle arm Kellen Moore. If he doesnt get injured, this is the guy they were banking to back up a ready to be injured Romo, again looking at the evidence and saying "dont worry we got this" can you imagine the melt down if that happened?

http://www.mensjournal.com/adventur...erbacks-more-important-now-than-ever-20141113

Not only did you ignore reality, it makes no sense.

Fine, you don't like Moore. He only played the best out of the backup QBs Dallas trotted out.

When was this magical time Dallas had to bring in QB's? The off season? Who, pray tell, were these QBs?

Brock Osweiler? 17m a year, and wasn't going to be a backup.

Robert Griffin III? Ryan Fitzpatrick? Johnny Manziel?

Payton Manning????

Everyone willing to be a backup was average at best.

And did they ignore the position in drafting Dak? Attempting to move up for Lynch?

Hindsight is always a *****. You can always look back and state they should do more.

Who would you have brought in, if you were magically made the GM?

Big D

Reaction score
I sure as hell wouldn't be curious especially not in a regular season game, I saw what he could do in preseason...nothing! Sounds like some of you miss the days of Anthony Wright.
I miss the days of the coaching staff being able to trust in their decisions on personnel. What does it say when a staff would rather let a guy with a few weeks of preparation play over a guys they've invested years into?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Sorry, but the vets on this team and the national media are on the Dak train. It is his job until he is done playing. Romo cannot finish a game, and I highly doubt Dez, Witten, etc... Will be demanding Sanchez to play anytime soon over Dak. Just a little bit of wishful thinking by some Romo fans. Unlike them, I just want Dallas to win!

Anyone with half a brain can see Dak gives them their best chance.
Irrelevant. If Dak struggles to the point of a Bortles rookie year, he will sit down. Quickly.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Sanchez brings in pretty much the same resume as Matt Cassell. Hopefully, Cassell was a one-off. More pointedly, hopefully, Dak is better than Weeden was so that that's where the similarities with last season end.

Bizwah

Reaction score

What should they have done? What player should they have gone after?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Looks like the other 31 GM are incompetent for not taking Dak. How about those GMs in Philly and Minny. Real competence there? Trade the farm to draft Wentz, who may not even be able to play in this league and have Chase Daniel back him up. Awesome plan there. And Awesome plan by the Minny GM giving up a 1st for Bradford. I guess there backup plans didn't quite work out.

For the record-- I'm not just limiting the incompetence of the front office to the QB position. IMO-- JJ's incompetence goes back to the way he handled Landry (and then Johnson)-- but that's another story.

Just focusing on his current failures-- he has put this team in a bind on defense. Relying on unreliable human beings is not a way to build a stable franchise. Our DL and LBer issues are a direct result of JJ counting on players that he shouldn't be counting on.

JJ is a good businessman and a hell of a marketing genius. But he needed to hire a GM 20 years ago.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They tried to trade up for Lynch. And failed. Then they tried to trade up for Cook. And failed.

Yah-- I would say that luck played a part in Prescott winding up in Dallas.

And then with a 4th round selection the Joneses drafted Prescott. Then Garrett coached him. Who is to say they could not have done the same with Lynch or that someone else could do the same with Dak? No one thought Dak would be as he is either.

The point here is that you are unwilling to give credit where credit is due and are determined to be upset.

DTown214

Reaction score
Sanchez is one of those guys who's reputation has unfairly plummeted for no good reason. He's a solid backup. Key word: backup. It's not like we brought him in to start. Good signing.

Gabe

Reaction score
Irrelevant. If Dak struggles to the point of a Bortles rookie year, he will sit down. Quickly.
Quickly as in 6-7 games. Sadly for Romo fans, Dak will not struggle with this wealth of talent around him. Sanchez is an insurance policy in case Dak gets hurt, and a pretty good one at that. Romo obviously cannot finish a game anymore. Again, very good backup for Dak going forward.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For the record-- I'm not just limiting the incompetence of the front office to the QB position. IMO-- JJ's incompetence goes back to the way he handled Landry (and then Johnson)-- but that's another story.

Just focusing on his current failures-- he has put this team in a bind on defense. Relying on unreliable human beings is not a way to build a stable franchise. Our DL and LBer issues are a direct result of JJ counting on players that he shouldn't be counting on.

JJ is a good businessman and a hell of a marketing genius. But he needed to hire a GM 20 years ago.

What LB issues?

DL will be fine when DLaw comes back and it's not unheard of that someone like Irving, Crawford, or Tapper emerges.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Quickly as in 6-7 games. Sadly for Romo fans, Dak will not struggle with this wealth of talent around him. Sanchez is an insurance policy in case Dak gets hurt, and a pretty good one at that. Romo obviously cannot finish a game anymore. Again, very good backup for Dak going forward.

Player haters are irritating. Not everyone thinks as you do. Some people cheer for the team.